The Longest Journey - help!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor
I got my fiancee Dreamfall for xmas, and it included the original game. She was really enjoying the original when it started crashing so much it's unplayable. I know there's some fans of this game here (tho i cant remember quite who).

Has anyone fought w/ the issues in this game and won?

We're doing some research ourselves of course, but I'm always inclined to ask friends to give me the straight 411 on this kinda stuff.

I played it years ago on WinXP and never have any problem. What kind of crash you speaking of?; BSOD or mysterious drop to desktop? and what OS or hardware and peripheral drivers you're using to play the game?

Are you playing it on Vista? I played it through on XP without problems, but it could be you'd have some sound problems or some such.

Please post the specs of your computer and include information about service packs etc etc.

I´ve played it years ago on xp without problems.
But you probably have a different version (2 cd?), etc.

I´d try to disable hardware acceleration in the options menu.

Anyway, here´s supposedly official tech forum for the game.

Tried Win98 compatibility mode ?

she's got a mac running boot camp, so i wasnt really sure what her specs were or anything. Win 98 compatibility seems to have fixed it, thanks for the comments = ]

It's because TLJ was *originally* made for Win98, not for later systems ...
I've read this suggestion at the official web site, too.

Hijacking thread. ;)

Ragnar finally posted something about Dreamfall again.

Not too many details, unfortunately, just lots of hints. They are still working on another project and will continue to do so a while longer. Dreamfall Chapters will be available online and may even require you to be online to play, which means I'll have to wait even longer in hope of a boxed set. Or I'll make an exception, who knows what will happen until then.

Back
Top Bottom