Dragon Age 2 - News Round Up # 2

I don't know where this idea comes from that people just "recently" started complaining about some aspects of Bioware design. I can clearly remember a lot of bitching as far back as NWN 1 and KotOR.

I don't know where this idea comes from that people just "recently" started complaining about some aspects of Bioware design. I can clearly remember a lot of bitching as far back as NWN 1 and KotOR.

For NWN1 I also remember many players active in forums highlighting it was the worst RPG of all time and an insult to BG series. I also remember that NWN2 generated many aggressive comments. Even MoTB obfuscated many players in part because of the soul system and in part because of companions.

But I feel since few years players hate seems quite louder and faster to spite, sort of sign of time for me, ie nobody ever happy with what they have, up to believe they'll prefer have nothing.

I quite enjoyed nwn and nwn 2 despite all the hate and negative press. The final product with all the expansions and good mods make it worth it. Cant understand some people just because nwn2 had a poor camera system and bugs.

I agree. In retrospect, NWN is a good title when you consider all of the quality modules that were enventually released. The original single-player campaign though… :furious:

Inflammatory tirades aside, don't you think that Bioware has earned some of the negative feedback regarding their games as RPGs? Yes, they've been more or less consistently pursuing a cinematic experience since KotOR, but even so their games had fairly robust RPG underpinnings of some sort or another up until Mass Effect 2 imo.

Certainly, and I did my fair share of "what did they do to Mass Effect!?" whining after ME2 was released. I still consider ME1 vastly superior to ME2. However, I see no reason to point that out in every single thread related to a company. I've expressed it more than enough times already: Either people know how I feel by now, or they're not interested in knowing and will continue to ignore it.

It's the same thing with Oblivion. I can't stand that game. I consider it the most boring rubbish I've played the last decade or some such thing. In fact, I don't even consider it an RPG - I consider it an action adventure, as there's lots of exploration and combat, but no actual ways to impact the events of the world you're in.

However, I see no reason to bring that up in every damn Skyrim thread. What's the point? I've already made such statements many times in various threads around here; people can look it up if they want to.

Some people can just be annoying also like you. Everyone is entitled to there own views and opinions. You dont want to read it fine just skip the thread then. Dont be the one guy who has to complain about the haters. Its just as bad as the haters.:shakefist:

Right, and if it was focused around a handful of threads, I'd do that. My only issue is that every thread related to either BioWare or Bethesda turns into an identical "discussion" (bashing). If I was to follow your advice, I wouldn't be able to read any threads related to either company.

The whole Bethesda thing has calmed down though, it used to be worse. Hopefully the same will happen to BioWare.

Yeah, I'm an NWN basher. In BG2 (or Throne of Bhaal?) there is a loading screen claiming that you'd be able to continue your adventures in Neverwinter Nights. In time, they not only abandoned that idea, they completely changed the recipe.

However, that was 8-9 years ago. I've moved on. I know exactly what to expect from BioWare. Sure, Dragon Age surprised me a bit (in a good way), but I never expected it to last - like DArtagnan (I think it was him, correct me if I'm wrong) has pointed out many times: Dragon Age started development so long ago it's practically from a different era.

If people are still being surprised by BioWare at this point in any way (cinematic focus, characters, story, it's always the same), they really need a wake up call. None of this has changed in at least half a decade. People who don't enjoy that recipe should do themselves a favour and ignore BioWare as a whole - just stop buying their games.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom