Is it playable? - Page 6 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Is it playable?

Default Is it playable?

December 16th, 2020, 01:56
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I don't hoard, far from it. I leave far more ammo and healing items laying where I find them than most people probably do.
So you don't pick *everything* like me, then destroy/sell what's worthless?
Sure, we can just ignore certain things and pretend the itemization isn't subpar, but I'd rather it not be subpar.
There is no ignoring. The game has it's system, you hate it because it is not dialblostyle or skyrimstyle, I plain love it because it's different.
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Once you reach a certain Lv with crafting your allowed to make Legendary items. I found some of the clothes and guns the best in the game. Just takes a lot of patience.
No fastrunning reviewer has patience.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)

December 16th, 2020, 08:53
Regarding the last-gen consoles, here is an IGN review for them. I hear some people here played it on a console. Was it really that bad? According to online discussions, some people have had okay experiences with last-gen consoles too.

On Stadia it loads almost too quick. I am used to procrastinate while a game is loading doing all sorts of things. With this one, I have no time. The frame rates are mostly good but sometimes it is jumping a little bit (perhaps Stadia servers). Could kind of understand why they misjudged the problems had it not been for the bugs (the link from @Couchpotato).

largh

Sentinel

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

December 16th, 2020, 09:33
Originally Posted by largh View Post
Regarding the last-gen consoles, here is an IGN review for them. I hear some people here played it on a console. Was it really that bad? According to online discussions, some people have had okay experiences with last-gen consoles too.
You can't just lump all consoles together. Is it this bad on MY console? No, because I have an Xbox One X, with SSD. Those are much more powerful than base PS4s or Xbox Ones. The game runs great for me. No frame rate issues no matter how busy the scene or how much is going on. No weird ass texture bugs. Barely crash. And so on. Game looks great, plays great. Having fun.

I assume if I had a base console, my experience and answer would be different.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
+1:

December 16th, 2020, 09:42
Once again your SSD isn't the factor as I've tried both on a PC. It's the older hardware in the original consoles. The PS4 Pro and X Box One X are upgrades with better hardware.

CDPR had to seriously downgrade & optimize the older console releases. I'm not kidding that shit on release looked worse then low on PC. Just read the latest conference call.

Anyway nobody is lumping all console releases as bad just certain versions.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
+1:

December 16th, 2020, 09:52
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Once again your SSD isn't the factor as I've tried both on a PC.
Consoles don't have that setting you mentioned, though. I forget what you called it, but something about hard drives.

As far as nobody lumping all console releases together, Largh just did. "I hear some people have played it on a console." The Xbox One X is still last gen, so I felt it appropriate to distinguish that from a base Xbox One.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

December 16th, 2020, 10:01
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
Largh just did. "I hear some people have played it on a console."
Had you cited the entire paragraph, you would reach an opposite conclusion An example of how subsetting can be used to convey a distorted message just like your console

largh

Sentinel

December 16th, 2020, 10:04
Also forgot to mention if anyone is playing on the PS5 it's actually the PS4 pro version up-scaled. I wonder what the next generation upgrade they promise will look like?
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

December 16th, 2020, 18:49
I'd like to mention somewhere that this community has been an oasis. The Cyberpunk 2077 subreddit is a cesspool. People took the starting point of buggy game and branched off into every whiny complaint they can think of. It's just an unending stream of negative threads. It's amazing to me that even armed with legit issues, a gamer community can quickly shift to where about 80% of what they're saying is nonsense. Gamers seem to have so much fun hating things.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

December 16th, 2020, 19:24
I'd like to mention somewhere that this community has been an oasis. The Cyberpunk 2077 subreddit is a cesspool. People took the starting point of buggy game and branched off into every whiny complaint they can think of. It's just an unending stream of negative threads. It's amazing to me that even armed with legit issues, a gamer community can quickly shift to where about 80% of what they're saying is nonsense. Gamers seem to have so much fun hating things.
I Completely agree. I can remember how the NWN2 forums exploded in hate after a buggy release (isn't every release buggy today?). Seems to be like a kind of love-hate-relationship. The people which where full into the hype before release became the loudest haters afterwards…
One of the reasons that I don't like discussing games too much before release.
Last edited by bkrueger; December 16th, 2020 at 19:25. Reason: Wording…

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

December 16th, 2020, 19:34
Originally Posted by bkrueger View Post
One of the reasons that I don't like discussing games too much before release.
I think that's the biggest factor. As a fanbase, we had way too long to talk about this game. Every delay stoked the fire further, of hype and of expectations for what all the game would do and be. Even being exactly as buggy as it is, I think if Cyberpunk had been announced one day and released 3 months later, the backlash would not be nearly as virulent.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

December 16th, 2020, 19:35
Something similar is the closed BioWare forum. It was a literal cesspool and that was back in 2013. Seems nothing has changed with the gaming community in five years.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

December 16th, 2020, 20:35
Well, an average person isn't that intelligent. I guess gamers aren't any different. Somehow it seems that those who scream the most extreme bullshit get heard online.

As for the game, sure it is flawed and may not work on every platform, but still, it is a freaking technological marvel. This is the best simulation of its class we have right now. Certainly not for everyone, but damn, I am fascinated by it. People should just get it. Bugs can and will be fixed.

largh

Sentinel

December 16th, 2020, 21:31
I almost never go to a game's official forum or Reddit. I find those are usually among the worst places to interact with people when it comes to games.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)

December 16th, 2020, 23:03
The subreddits for Crusader Kings (III) are hilarious and quite helpful.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: -

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

December 16th, 2020, 23:28
I'm actually thinking of shelving it for now and playing something else. I'm still in Act 2 and just not finding myself enthralled.

It's fun but not so much that I'm thinking about it when I'm not playing. I think it's going to be a great game when it's more polished, but right now it's simply good.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
+1:

December 17th, 2020, 07:34
It's fun but not so much that I'm thinking about it when I'm not playing. I think it's going to be a great game when it's more polished, but right now it's simply good.
Yes, probably for the better. A shame that they released it too early. I could have waited half a year longer for a game that does not have a glitch in pretty much every second quest. The relationship between the main character and Johhny is so different between main and side quests that it would have been better had they dropped him from sidequests entirely. I see what they were after and the idea is good. The implementation isn't and will not be for a long time if ever.

Anyway, the base is there and it's brilliant. They just need another half a year to polish it.

I think I'll just drive around and do some small errands and side-quests until I'll get bored with it. Will save the main story for a play-through when the game is in an acceptable condition perhaps with a DLC included.

largh

Sentinel

December 17th, 2020, 08:04
I'm actually thinking of shelving it for now and playing something else. I'm still in Act 2 and just not finding myself enthralled.

Yeah, this is pretty much how I'm feeling. I think my expectations were just too high.

It makes for some amazing screenshots, but I just find myself constantly comparing it to other games like Deus Ex, GTA, Watchdogs, Hitman, Yakuza, Outer Worlds, etc, but feeling like it's not really superior to any of them.

Few more patches and I'll give it another go, I think.

SirJames

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)

December 17th, 2020, 08:16
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
Check this out. It might fix it for you, but I haven't tried myself as I don't own CP77 yet.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/get-a-23-…7-on-amd-cpus/
Thanks. Don't have an AMD CPU, though. Yet.

Originally Posted by Thiraury View Post
Another tip about performance that seems to do wonders for some people:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co…y_pool_budget/
I had a little play around with that file and I don't think it actually does anything. Didn't seem to change my performance OR the memory used. Huge amount of replies on that thread, though. It's kinda weird because I'm fairly certain it does nothing, but there are hundreds of people who think it does, so I'm confused.

SirJames

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)

December 17th, 2020, 15:05
Originally Posted by SirJames View Post
Yeah, this is pretty much how I'm feeling. I think my expectations were just too high.

It makes for some amazing screenshots, but I just find myself constantly comparing it to other games like Deus Ex, GTA, Watchdogs, Hitman, Yakuza, Outer Worlds, etc, but feeling like it's not really superior to any of them.

Few more patches and I'll give it another go, I think.
It may not be a masterpiece game, but it's not bad either. Of course, there are better games, but everyone has their own taste, everything is individual. Let's just say this is not the most disastrous release.

Challenger007

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

December 17th, 2020, 17:29
I'm actually thinking of shelving it… just not finding myself enthralled.
Originally Posted by SirJames View Post
It exceeded my expectations and I cannot stop playing it.

Except in bugs department.
True that so far I haven't find any impossible to finish quest nor critical annoyances like an undroppable elder scroll heavier than half of your inventory.
But there are some problems where I can understand hoarders. Fallout2 car trunk needs to be fixed for them for example as they keep everything instead of dismantling/selling.

Anyway, I can't get enough of this game.
Though maybe I did it wrong, went on sidecontent and now everything, although marked as "moderate", feels perhaps too easy. Perhaps the game should be played on hard and not on normal. Just maybe. Because to some people this will be the first RPG they ever played.

And perhaps my enthusiasm will wear off though. I just received a phonecall from someone who is into car racing and wants my help.
Dunno what will actually happen there, but if I wanted to race, I'd buy Need4Speed. Will see later today.

My addiction problem was caused by sidequests (not NCPD doom-o-ramas).
All are brilliant! Here's a spoiler pic from the last one (helping to find an abducted child):
Spoiler
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Is it playable?