Chained Echoes - Announced for Q4 2021

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The 16-bit SNES style RPG Chained Echoes will be released in Q4 2021:

Chained Echoes

Take up your sword, channel your magic or board your Mech. Chained Echoes is a 16-bit SNES style RPG set in a fantasy world where dragons are as common as piloted mechanical suits. Follow a group of heroes as they explore a land filled to the brim with charming characters, fantastic landscapes and vicious foes. Can you bring peace to a continent where war has been waged for generations and betrayal lurks around every corner?

Chained Echoes is a story-driven game where a group of heroes travel around the vast continent of Valandis to bring an end to the war between its three kingdoms. In the course of their journey, they will travel through a wide array of diverse landscapes spanning from wind-tanned plateaus and exotic archipelagos to sunken cities and forgotten dungeons.

Key Features:

• 20-25 hours of play time
  • Fast paced turn-based battles
  • No random encounters; enemies can be seen running around
  • Tons of items to be looted, stolen or crafted
  • Complex skill and equipment system
  • Customize your own airship
  • Travel and fight by foot or in your Mech
  • 16-bit SNES style graphics
  • Music inspired by PSX RPGs
More information.

Looks like one of those make your own RPG engines that I can't name it. It used to RPGMaker but other better ones are being used now, Still good find it intrigues me.

Yeah I think this is one that I got a huge update on the other day, maybe two ago. It's gonna be delayed a bit, but in the end I think we'll have a fine game for all of us to explore and romp through.

I'm surprised there's still such a large market for these SNES inspired games. I can only assume it's nostalgia driven.

Nostalgia plus superior game quality equals buyers. Facts are hard to dodge. Take a guess why even rpg-maker style games are popular and, for the most part, even tend to sell fairly well.

Back
Top Bottom