West of Loathing - Sequel in Development

Not so much a sequel it seems as something in the "Loathingverse". Something in the 1920's or 30's in America where people wear cool hats?

PA2IBV1.png

PlRnXb9.png

Drag racing?

Cthulhu maybe?

This is definitely different from the hint they might make Kingdom of Loathing into a proper PC (non-browser) game.

Still a sequel in my book. If you can actually remember a plot from the first game, I'll give you a thousand dollars. Hell, if there was a plot, I'll give you a hundred.

I enjoyed the first one a lot. Might have got my fill but I could see being in the mood for this at some point.

I like that we can switch on the "Color Blind" option! :D "You never know.." :D
The horses were excellent! Best horse animations in the world, probably!

Still a sequel in my book. If you can actually remember a plot from the first game, I'll give you a thousand dollars. Hell, if there was a plot, I'll give you a hundred.

I enjoyed the first one a lot. Might have got my fill but I could see being in the mood for this at some point.

Alright, let me see, the lore,

Lore section: El Vibrato: El vibrato, the el vibrateons were aliens that came to this planet an unknown time ago, the Prefessor is the researcher of el vibrato that you must meet before discovering the alien civilization, they left behind many remnants of their previous civilization and the certain "god?", (according to the "no country for old gods" achievement), containment they built. It is shown by collapse of caves or mines, cultists interfering with tech, and the decrease of power suppliers, that the containment for "Roberto", the evil god that el vibrateons were trying to contain, if not repaired by the player, then 420 years after the game the world will be obliterated by him, as seen in the credits.

Lore section: The ancient war in hell: The war as old as time has been between hellcows and clowns, as shown by dialogue with the duke of hell, (Barnaby bob), the clowns have no apparent idea as to why the cows "came home", it is a mystery throughout the game that i believe the player can not figure out, however, you can stop the cow invasion, gain the cowruption perk, get the infernal mallet, spread cowsbane bales in front of the portal at hellstrom ranch, and ring the bell with the mallet, you will meet and trap Duke Bovicous, the king of the hellcows, if you go to kellogg ranch and do the proper workout, you will rid yourself of cowruption and ruin the cow army, as seen in the credits.

Lore section: Necromancy: The necromancy part of the game is interesting, if you pick doc alice as your partner she will give dialogue and options as to kill of every last re-animated skeleton, her main mission is to do so. I Do not believe it is said in the game why the Necromancers are here, but they are, the necromancers have raised many dead, you can see evidence of this in reboot hill, the military cemetary plots, fort alldead, the historical fights in fort memoriam, the daveyard, and possibly more. You can kill the necromancer himself if you go through the tower which is found through clues in the game, you can replace him if you have read 6 nex-mex books but if not, you just turn him to dust.

Partners: Crazy pete is one of many who have gone hysterical or insane due to the mystical power of Roberto, he was an old miner and points mines to you throughout the game, leveling up through random encounters.
Susie Cochrane is an out for revenge rancher who suffered the loss of her mother, father, and baby sister, due to the cows, she levels up after a certain number of cows killed and points out ranches or garden olives homstead on your map.
Doc Alice is a traumatized doctor who is bloodthirsty for the death of all reanimated skeletons and necromancers, she points out graveyards or the last custard stand to you throughout the game, and levels up after a certain amount of skeletons killed.
Gary the Goblin is a simplee goblin, he doesnt seem to have much lore other than being interested in what humans do and popping in the west, he levels up whenever you give him a bag of shroom-grow which are found in shops, lazy-a-dude-ranch, kellogg ranch, and possibly more, he points seemingly random locations to you throughout the game.
Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Bill does not have much to say about him, he is a secondary partner available in all runs, the only lore worthy parts of what he does is that he kills every last necromancer in the buffalo pile after you revive him, and makes a good living off of buffalo buffalo buffalo wings in the credits.

Lore: Breadwood: Breadwood is a in-ruin mining town due to all the mines surrounding it having dried out, when finding the town your mission is to build a bridge, the town has several problems, you can pretty easily fix all of these except for the permit, in the credits, (please note i am unaware if you need to fix all or just a few of the problems for this to happen) if you fix all the problems, the town is successful enough to repaint their buildings, fix the broken well and hitching post, and build a second floor to the bunkhouse.

Lore: Dirtwater: Dirtwater is a small population but big in size town, there are 6 stores which i will attempt to live in memory, Hot dogs (originally Hot Dougs), danny's tannery, murrays curiosity, alexandrias bookstore, a boot store, and some kinda beer place. if you manage to get a few of these built it will say that the town became a thriving metropolis, while if you got, (i think), all of the shops built, your name was known by everyone in the town.

That is most of the what i think to be lore i remember, tell me your thoughts on how good i did.

I replayed this again just last summer, and reading that a sequel is in the works is great news! I look forward to whatever weird wackiness comes at us in the next iteration.

Back
Top Bottom