Kingmaker - Beta Test for Turn-Based Option

IMO, the game is so much better with turn-based seeing that the rules are designed for that rather than RTS type gameplay. I get that some people think it's slow and boring, but I think those people aren't really interested in trying all the cool tactics and abilities that are available by playing the game the way in which the rules are designed. RTwP always just feels like a frantic zerg fest which I find far more boring than, say x-com type gameplay.

While PoE2 was still ultimately kind of a shitty game, it sure did look pretty, and the combat was improved significantly with turn-based.

I just remembered I tried to play the turn-based mod on this game, but this one needs a really big monitor, because the UI design - though nice - is bad SHT, for low resolutions. Oh! And (IIRC) game-begin was boring as hell with stupid and annoyingly grating narrator voices.

Cool, so it looks like:
  1. Yes, you can switch back and forth from turn-based to RTwP
  2. There are tabs to keep track of 5ft move, standard move, standard action, swift action, and free action. I'm going to assume you can explicitly toggle one of these tabs to limit your character's options accordingly.

All in all, I'll be looking forward to trying out this UI after a playthrough of Wasteland 3.

I just remembered I tried to play the turn-based mod on this game, but this one needs a really big monitor, because the UI design - though nice - is bad SHT, for low resolutions. Oh! And (IIRC) game-begin was boring as hell with stupid and annoyingly grating narrator voices.

Why are you playing it at low resolutions?

Back
Top Bottom