|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » NWN - Enhanced Edition Coming Soon

Default NWN - Enhanced Edition Coming Soon

November 22nd, 2017, 05:40
Originally Posted by Clocknova View Post
Yeah, I read the reviews. The majority of them actually mentioned the issue as being why they hated it. The rest were pretty obvious.
I'm not referring to SoD alone. Just in general attitude of putting others down when their view don't match yours.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

November 22nd, 2017, 07:08
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
I'm not referring to SoD alone. Just in general attitude of putting others down when their view don't match yours.
I suppose it depends on what those views are, then.

Clocknova

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

November 22nd, 2017, 08:00
Meh. I didn't like NWN. As archangel mentioned, the graphics were so damn ugly. It felt like a serious step down from the Baldur's Gate games. So this new edition does nothing for me.

It is funny how emotional and amped up people get sometimes though…its like, I started reading the first pages of this thread, and I'm thinking to myself -
"What the Hell?"
"Is this really about some old crpg game?"

You'd think it was about some hot button political topic or cultural issue like abortion or Israel/Palestine or something.
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

November 22nd, 2017, 08:11
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
It is funny how emotional and amped up people get sometimes though…its like, I started reading the first pages of this thread, and I'm thinking to myself -
"What the Hell?"
"Is this really about some old crpg game?"

You'd think it was about some hot button political topic or cultural issue like abortion or Israel/Palestine or something.
It's bigger than RPGs, though. It actually connects with politics, overall worldview and more. I'm not going to delve into my thoughts on that right now, though. But rest assured that my own frustrations are not just about CRPGs.

Deleted User

Mentioned: Post(s)

November 22nd, 2017, 08:20
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
It's bigger than RPGs, though. It actually connects with politics, overall worldview and more. I'm not going to delve into my thoughts on that right now, though. But rest assured that my own frustrations are not just about CRPGs.
Ok, I guess maybe I'm missing some underlining subtext here. But yea, now that you mention it, I can see how the current state of politics has everyone amped-up and in a hyper-politicized state, and its bleeding over into almost everything, to the point where its getting pretty ridiculous. In my humble opinion. Anyway, I will also take discretion into account and leave it there.
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

November 22nd, 2017, 09:05
Damn 165 posts already for this haha
Anyway good news, i havent replayed since 2003 2004 i think, cant remember well; have the complete pack nwn 1+2 on gog, so i wont be buying this, 20$ is waaaay too much
Finished last year nwn2 and tried this one too but it crashed alot and was unplayable, cant wait for this , i hope its out this year
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

November 22nd, 2017, 09:09
Originally Posted by Clocknova View Post
I've seen more civilized debates on Huffington Post and Breitbart.
You have not seen Codex topic on this news. No Fluent there to defend it.

Archangel

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

November 22nd, 2017, 09:12
I thought PSTEE was a huge cash grab and they could not go lower but Beamshit managed to surpass even my low expectations…

Archangel

SasqWatch

November 22nd, 2017, 09:25
Wow, this really exploded fast

I find it especially amusing that people who complain about complaints can't ask themselves the same question: Why complain? Can't you just ignore the complaints?

I guess not.

Seems there's a widespread hug shortage around here overall!

But it's an issue of faulty communication. We're using the wrong word - which is why people get confused.

Complaining is not really what any of us are doing. Well, apart from a few "special" people.

We're simply disagreeing - nothing more, nothing less.

I call out the announced features as a cash-grab, because the price is steep considering the work and value involved.

Now, that's nothing but a subjective observation. It's not a complaint at all. A complaint implies that I feel entitled to something or that I deserve something. That's not my position.

For my sake, Beamdog can sell whatever they want at whatever price they want. I have no personal investment in that, apart from a minor case of bad taste in my mouth. That's all.

But I reserve the right to call it what it is.

As for complaining about complaints - you simply disagree that it's a cash-grab, and you obviously think the price is fair.

Some people think any price is fair regardless of the product - because people can just not buy it. Which is how capitalism thrives. That's cool with me - but I don't agree.

As for the promised upcoming features - that's much more like it. I'll be very happy to pay a reasonable price for actual enhancements that I will end up appreciating.

Of course, I'll have to see the details before investing - as I have no reason to trust they'll actually do something significant that's really valuable to me.

NewDArt

November 22nd, 2017, 09:34
Apparently its a complain when someone doesnt agree with their view

All in all, I couldn't see any so called enhancements from that video, so not interested.

Although, now I am in mood to play NWN again.. time to hit the Hall of Fame page again…
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

November 22nd, 2017, 10:03
--

Caddy

Broken Screwdriver
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
+1:

November 22nd, 2017, 11:20
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
Why does it even matter if it’s a cashGrab?
Why is endless sequels and reboots from Hollywood bad? They over crowd and saturate the market.

I don't claim all sequels and reboots are bad, some are useful but most aren't.

lostforever

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

November 22nd, 2017, 12:15
RIP Diamond Edition. I wonder if you'll be able to log onto PWs with this?
--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

November 22nd, 2017, 12:27
Also, what the fuck did I just see

--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

November 22nd, 2017, 12:27
Instant buy for me, but I fail to see any enhancement so far.

swapoer

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

November 22nd, 2017, 12:29
Originally Posted by luj1 View Post
Also, what the fuck did I just see

Yeah, that's not going to do them any favours.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
+1:

November 22nd, 2017, 12:37
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Yeah, that's not going to do them any favours.
They are already selling shit like that for their already existing EE edition of games.

Archangel

SasqWatch

November 22nd, 2017, 12:41
Originally Posted by swapoer View Post
Instant buy for me, but I fail to see any enhancement so far.
That literally translates to: I will pay for this even though I see no value in it so far.

That's interesting

NewDArt

November 22nd, 2017, 15:22
I did that once with a wedding ring
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor