Firefox is worse literally every update

I still use a command line text parser for my internet viewing :)

Last edited:
IE for me is for Instantly Erase!

How can I trust a piece of software from MS that puts all basic and fundamental options under the advanced tab and listed irresponsibly, and links with the file manager, video player and the operating system and god knows what!

For me the big dealbreaker is the autoupdate nonsense. Having to reboot just because your web browser gets an update is just unbelievable.

You know what this trend in minilimism Google started with Chrome reminds me of?
Upper Deck hockey cards. Instead of information and facts about players I got two glossy photos on both sides. But with Chrome its without the gloss. Just a stuck frame I can't customize.

For some stupid reason people don't seem to miss the back button? Its crazy! I actually had this discussion at work in a business meeting. In fact, some of them were shocked to see my browser after I used this.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/

The firing of Balmer may restore some sanity to IE. MS is going to take a look at the direction they went again after they managed to snuff out Netscape (Refer back to my thread on MS losing direction 8 years ago).

For me the big dealbreaker is the autoupdate nonsense. Having to reboot just because your web browser gets an update is just unbelievable.
Why? It's a home PC, not a server.

That looks interesting I will definitively give it a try.I was die hard Opera fan but since they decided to switch to chromium engine I abandoned. I used opera 12 (which is last in presto engine) some time after they switched to chromium but since it's not getting updates I finally switched.I am currently using Firefox but I am not satisfied.So I will try definitely give Palemoon a shot.

I'm an Opera 12 refugee as well. It is shameful what the company did with the browser. I'm glad to see they're losing market share, it really was a terrible decision. They ousted several of their best employees and the founder of the company too. I call that just dessert.

I miss the Presto scrolling though, I can never find any solution or setting that works as well.

I gave up on FF years ago; I now use Safari which many people seem to dislike.

Hopefully not on Windows, since development for that version has been abandoned more than two years ago.

The big irony with FireFox is that it was forked to avoid the bloat of Mozilla. Now it's a dozen times more bloated than Mozilla ever was. There's a big flaw with open source code in that they want to have lots of dynamic linked libraries and they also use design patters unnecessarily, both of which make for massively bloated code.

Using PaleMoon now. It seems they still have too much of the 'modern' stuff for me, but it's still a lot better than the current FireFox which is just getting unbearable.

Yes, it's funny how SeaMonkey which has a mail client and other stuff as well is now much more lightweight than Firefox.

To be fair Internet Explorer is much improved. There was an AMA on Reddit recently with the developers, and they really get it. The next version will support extensions as well.

I tried it per your suggestion.
It looks fine but there is one webpage is doesn't load well and just because of that I doubt it's effectivement.

It might also be because I had scriptblocker on but when I disabled it, the webpage still wouldn't load correctly.

Any wisdom you can share please?

Thanks.

I'm not sure what to tell you, Palemoon always worked perfectly fine for me, exactly the same as Firefox except in the UI. If you're talking about noscript though, that add-on does break websites even when you authorize everything.

I'm not sure what to tell you, Palemoon always worked perfectly fine for me, exactly the same as Firefox except in the UI. If you're talking about noscript though, that add-on does break websites even when you authorize everything.

Well I'm happy it goes well with you.
I just un-installed and re-installed it just to see if no script had anything to do with the webpages not loading correctly.
You know what happened?
They were still not loading well and as I was about to click to another one…
I got a blue screen of death. Yeah.
I barely had the time to read something about a driver when the computer rebooted.

I clicked on start windows normally.
I wouldn't start.
I clicked on the power button.

Afterwards, I was brought to a menu about repairing stuff that I had never seen before. It spoke of possibly being able to repair the problem.
I was not happy.
I did not want to install everything again when I had done so not even two months ago.
Indeed, since my 2 clean Windows re-install my computer whent fine.
I blame the BSOD on Pale Moon.
Hence, I'm never using that piece of … again.
So, for the time being, I'm sticking to what has always given me piece of mind.

Im not blaming you.
Im blaming the software devs…

PS : I was about to un-install that thing for good but you know what?
My windows had already done it! I guess it knew that it was the culprit.

Edit : My FF option , addons, etc. , were a mess so I had to uninstall it and re install it.

Serenity Now!!!

Last edited:
Yes, I use Safari with windoze and have had ZERO problems!!

I'm still using FF. Works fine with me. No problem with going back and forth when navigating pages. Right-left/left-right clicking works fine (using the all-in-one gesture add-on). And I've turned autoupdate off, selecting notification when there is a new update available.

And I would not want to be without the Noscript addon.

pibbur who also tried chrome and safari, they work ok but he still prefers the burning fox.

I use Chrome, primarily, but I find it's a bit too powerhungry for certain tasks at work. So, I alternate between Chrome, IE and FF when I'm there.

At home, though, it's all Chrome.

I trying out Palemoon now and first thing I noticed is that it uses less resources than FF.Biggest problem I had with FF us that it uses too much resources(RAM and CPU) whenever flash plugin was active(basically whenever I play video) .And overall it uses 10-20% less ram which is very surprising considering it's same engine.This lower resources usage means lot to me since I have only 3 GB of ram and I am usually browsing with another program running in background.

Also transferring setting and addons from FF to Palemoon was quick and painless so I think I found my new browser.

I'm an Opera 12 refugee as well. It is shameful what the company did with the browser. I'm glad to see they're losing market share, it really was a terrible decision. They ousted several of their best employees and the founder of the company too. I call that just dessert.

I still have hope they will come to their senses when they loss enough users.I can't understand their move.Previous Opera had it's audience because it was browser with huge amount of options and customization.New Opera is just Chrome clone with nothing to unique to offer, there is no reasong for anyone to chose new opera over chrome or any other browser.

I'm using FF. To be fair I haven't tried other browsers for years, but that is because FF works great for me. I like how customizable it is. Sure it is a little memory intensive with a few plug ins, but I haven't noticed any lag on my 8gb ram machine.

Also if you don't have a mouse with two thumb bottoms, I highly recommend you get one. It makes surfing so much easier. The thumb bottoms are probably going to be standardized in the next 10 years as people realize just how good they are. Just like the mouse wheel was.

I used to use FF years ago and even then ran into the problem of their update slowing down the browser. I then switched to Chrome and haven't looked back. Its fast and theres extensions for everything. Since I use gmail everything is synced up between multiple computers and phone. Its just a bit handy. IE I gave up on many years ago.

I still have hope they will come to their senses when they loss enough users.I can't understand their move.Previous Opera had it's audience because it was browser with huge amount of options and customization.New Opera is just Chrome clone with nothing to unique to offer, there is no reasong for anyone to chose new opera over chrome or any other browser.

They had a new management which wanted to make pro-business changes, as such they gave up updating the Presto engine and switched to the Chromium one which was already free.

And yes, at this point someone might as well use Chrome.

Ditch Firefox and download Palemoon, which is a fork of Firefox without all the obnoxious changes to make it tablet friendly and more like Chrome. Everyone I show it to loves it. It's the last stand for browser sanity while they all keep getting worse, except maybe something like SeaMonkey or K-Meleon.

Never heard of that but might give it a shot. FF is indeed getting worse and worse. I've tried Chrome (use it at work), but as I am learning to hate Google, I'd rather not give them even more of my digital life.

Yes, I use Safari with windoze and have had ZERO problems!!

Haven't they stopped development on that though? So eventually it won't work with modern websites.

Am I the only one who still uses IE? :)

For a long time, we HAD to use it at work. I always found it amusing that with how over the top they are on corporate IT security, they made us use IE. I got in trouble because I added in Firefox when they briefly gave me admin rights to update some software. Finally a few months ago they let us install Chrome.

Back
Top Bottom