FO: Other Fallout 76 impressions

Any other Fallout game
Yeah, it's like no one ever tested the game without developer mode cheats. If they just made the Junk weightless or something. It shouldn't take a professional game developer to make a better system than this.

What level are you? :)

Level sexy :)

I've been playing since release but I keep starting over all the time. Story of my life....

I think I might have a character around level 15 and that's the highest. I have real mature names for my toons, like Dumi2night, Dumi Moore, Dumi Aginn, etc :) Of course, I play gals because guys give me stuff for free if I run around in a bra and panties :biggrin:

Here's the best impression.:cool:
Bethesda managed to make a Fallout game without any Fallout in it.
Dont forget the best review of Fallout 76.:lol:
No one on staff wants to play anymore of Fallout 76. I’m not going to subject myself to another 20-30 hours of this [expletive] mess to just put a number on it. My number is "Don’t play this game."

Here's the best impression.:cool:
Dont forget the best review of Fallout 76.:lol:

Lol, even though I personally am having fun, that is a great review. It is a mess, currently. Worse than ESO at release by far.

Ok, a tip for new beginners. Play the game following the main quest till you finish the stuff in Flatwoods. Be sure to visit the agriculture lab in that town. This should get you to around level 5 or so. After that you may want to set up your camp.

Your camp moves with you but a great place to plop it down for a good long while is a little ways northwest of Vault 76. The place is called Aaronholt Homestead and it is a huge farm with tons of crops already planted. The perfect spot for making soups and stews. It also has a power armor station that occasionally spawns pieces of power armor/fusion cores/frames. There is another power armor spot just a couple farms west too, called Groves I think.

https://www.ign.com/maps/fallout-76/appalachia

Last edited:
Despite my ribbing in a few months Bethesda might fully patch it, and add more game content. Still nothing will erase the disaster of a launch, and I foresee a F2P re-launch.

Still hope they learned a valuable lesson they have to step up their game.
To improve in some way, usually so that one can perform as well as others

Last edited:
I'm actually enjoying myself quite abit in this game. It's pretty much what I expected. With that said, I would much rather had seen a Fallout 5 come out, with singleplayer focus.

It's not a 2,9 game (user score on metacritic) and it's not a 10/10 game neither. I'd say 6-7/10.

Get some laughs:

@joxer;
I watched the first 6 minutes.

He's using other peoples old clips from the first beta which don't represent current state of the game. I guess there's not enough bugs to get his own footage?

I mean, I never played the beta so I didn't see anything as crazy as he shows. Worst I had was bad performance until they removed the FPS cap and sometimes public events bug out and don't progress. Also, public nuclear power plants not outputting 100 power after I fully repair them so I can't power the fusion core building machine which means I can hardly use my power armour!!

There was lots of bad stuff about the BETA, like move speed being tied to FPS, so it's really not good journalism to steal beta clips to support your arguments.

At the start, when he pops out of the vault all excited then instantly gets mad. I swear that was exactly how long he played. :p

Well he's not called Angry Joe for nothing. :lol:

Still he's became tame in is older years.

Where's the review that says "They actually made it co-op Fallout and not a Fallout MMORPG". They don't get enough credit for not turning it into a cookie cutter mmo!

@joxer;
I watched the first 6 minutes.
Man, I said before that AJ's taste IMO sux and his gaming skills are worse than 5yr old kid. His redeeming feature? Unlike many professional reviewers, he's alergic to scams.

Anyways, he knows how to make a show. That's why I said up there watch for some laughs.

How bout some happy snaps?
RxfrOKE.jpg

Z9ydUu7.jpg

BRs7pyc.jpg

Exclusive RPGwatch screenshots! =)
(That's all I've taken. :p)

Only 600? :/

Bethsoft said:
December 4, 2018
Next week’s update will bring an increase to the Stash limit, as well as a variety of performance and stability improvements, balance changes, and multiple bug fixes to the game. We’ll have full patch notes available later this week ahead of Tuesday’s update. Some notable issues being addressed in this update include:

Stash Limit Increased: We know many of you have been asking for an adjustment to the Stash storage limit, and we’re happy to share that we’re increasing it from 400 to 600. While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game.
Boss Loot: Players should correctly receive two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.
Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
Respawning When Overencumbered: We’ve resolved an issue affecting players who die while overencumbered that only allowed them to Respawn at Vault 76. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
Stuck in Power Armor: We’ve addressed an issue in this patch that could cause players to become stuck inside Power Armor. We’re also aware that there are some additional cases where this can occur, and we are actively investigating them.

December 11, 2018
The next update after December 4 is currently planned for the following week. Like previous patches, it will include a variety of bug fixes, but we’re also planning to bring some more notable changes and features to the game. You can catch a preview of these improvements below, and a full list of changes will be included in the December 11 patch notes.

PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.
SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you’ll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.
C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you’ll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don’t attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.
Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it’s easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also "Bulldoze" to clear these items from the surrounding area to make your C.A.M.P. feel more like home!
https://fallout.bethesda.net/articl.../fallout-76-inside-the-vault-november-27-2018

I know the next thing is not supposed to be funny but I laughed like crazy.

It reminded me on ordinary LoL match, only these things get typed in the chat there, no "voiceovers", so I'm quite unsure why the fuss.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...for-life-following-shocking-homophobic-attack
The move relates to an incident in which a group of Fallout 76 players targeted and harassed another group of players, saying over the proximity chat: "we have come to eliminate all gays."

Fallout 76 employs a proximity-based chat system which means, by default, you can speak to and hear other players when you're near them. This is by design - Fallout 76 is a multiplayer-only game that is meant to spark interesting player interaction.

The group of high-level players proceeded to follow and kill the other group of players over a period of about 10 minutes. Their ringleader, who goes by the username NathanTheHicc, is heard saying "queer down" and "decontaminate the aids".
In a follow-up interview with Eurogamer, AJ said the harassment began slightly earlier, when NathanTheHicc approached the group to ask for a Disease Cure item.

"The three of us were having a good time and talking to him and then one of us commented on his character or his characters outfit being cute. He replied, 'I don't fuck with that homo shit' and left."
NathanTheHicc then uploaded footage of his initial encounter with AJ and his friends to his own YouTube channel. The video is titled: "Cleansing of the queers."

Over email with Eurogamer, NathanTheHicc confirmed Bethesda had been in touch to say he was banned for three days and said he was told "this would be our only warning".

NathanTheHicc, a senior in high school from the US, said: "My version of the incident is more or less the same as the public has taken it, the only differences being the fact that I don't hate gay people. It was just a late night of having fun and after the first encounter (seen on my channel) we felt it would be fun to offend them somehow. You can call that evil but I think it's just playful immaturity.

"I do not regret the incident. I will not apologise given the opportunity. I don't plan on doing anything like this in the future but to be fair I didn't plan the initial incident, I just found them and decided to go through with it."

NathanTheHicc won't get the chance to repeat the incident, however, because Bethesda has now banned him and his friends from Fallout 76 permanently.

"We gave an initial ban of three days while our CS team looked into the matter further to verify the individuals involved and what took place," a Bethesda spokesperson told Eurogamer. "After additional review, we have now permanently banned the players we've identified."

---------------------------------

In the case you were or still are playing League of Legends, this whole story feels like copycats, right? Well… It would be a story ripoff if there weren't two particular comments below the article that made my day. These:

pic1.jpg

pic.jpg

You meet someone in an online game who is not being cool. Do you..

a) Be cool. Maybe change servers. Fast travel away and use the Block user feature that hides your player on their map and blocks their voice chat.

b) Get angry and seek to hurt them with all the effort you can muster. Take videos, post them online, email support, try and get more liberals involved by making it out to be a homophobic attack. etc.

Seems a lot of people have trouble being cool, these days. Why be a nasty, vengeful prick wasting your time reporting people when you could just put them on ignore and move on?

I mean, if the angry homosexuals were really being hate-targeted then the attackers could have said nothing and silently snipped them over and over until they quit after 5 minutes. This was clearly just some bored kids messing around.

The game has made it impossible to actually be trolled unless you're willing. It's so easy to avoid people. Clearly the homosexuals were enjoying the interaction a great deal simply because they were excited to be angry and make a fuss about it. They could have easily, easily avoided them. They loved it. Getting people banned will be the highlight of their time with F76.

Of course! Everyone should know the best way to deal with discrimination and harassment is to always ignore it and never, ever, actually confront it or do anything about it.

Well turns out it was a few high-school seniors.

Really you make an online game you should expect this to happen.

I've seen far worse in past MMO's that even includes WoW.

Just another case of what do they call it nowadays? Toxic male gamer syndrome.:lol:

Last edited:
That would hardly be newsworthy at all if it happened in PubG, Fortnite, Rust, or any other game without such a high ratio of notoriety as Fallout 76. And it happens plenty. It's hardly discimrination - it's just immature morons being morons. Price of an internet culture.

Back
Top Bottom