Telltale Games - VGX 2013 Announcements

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Telltale Games annouced two new game series at the VGX 2013 show. Keep in mind these are adventure games not RPGs.

Game Of Thrones

Telltale Games has announced it’s developing a new game series based on Game Of Thrones. The new series is coming in 2014 and according to Telltale Games, this game series will be made in conjunction with HBO and will be based on the television series.
Tales from the Borderlands

Gearbox and Telltale Games announce a new game called Tales from the Borderlands. Tales from the Borderlands is an episodic game series and as its title suggests, it will be based on Gearbox’s Borderlands franchise. The first episode will be released in 2014.
Thaks goto DSO Gaming for the news.

More information.

Last edited:
I'm really happy about both.
I'm hoping they will stay away as far from novel characters as possible for the Song of Ice and Fire, something like GoT RPG.
For Borderlands, it seems they wanted to bring Handsome Jack back without breaking the story, and that writing/voice acting deserves another go around imho.

And the RPG game of the year is.... uhh, you don't want to know.

I recently played through the Walking Dead. It was pretty good (I have never even seen the TV series). Telltale knows how to spin a yarn, and the C&C was decent even if most of the choices were cosmetic. It's good to see a modern adventure game studio thriving out there.

Back
Top Bottom