Nethergate - Fluent's New Lets Play Series

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Fluent's new Let Play series will focus on Spiderweb's Nethergate: Resurrection.

In this exciting new video, I start a NEW Let's Play series, playing a game that I've always wanted to play, but never had the chance to fully dive into in the past. So, we are finally taking the plunge, and checking out the Jeff Vogel/Spiderweb Software CRPG - Nethergate: Resurrection.
He also made a new video & article this week about the DX11 mod for Gothic 2. So check back tomorrow when I hopefully have the article ready for publishing.

More information.

Last edited:
Gotta watch just so I can hear what Fluent sounds like!

Never understood the concept of watching someone else play a game, but Nethergate is a fine piece of work. I have great memories of that game, it was the one that hooked me on Spiderweb products for life.

Better to understand the concept fast because that is the future of gaming, developpers are more and more inclined to cater to the need of video makers by designing their products as products to be watched by other people.
Without that understanding, frustration is down the path.

Thanks for sharing, Couch!

The appeal of watching someone play games is much more than just watching them play, IMO. You get to know them, their personality, as they invite you into their world a bit. That's why I enjoy watching Let's Plays sometimes, and as a content creator myself, that's why I enjoy making content. I have made some pals by making these videos and it's a journey that many of my subscribers and I go on together. In short, it's a very rewarding experience for me, and hopefully for my viewers as well. Your mileage may vary. :)

39 views and no Likes?...we can do better than that, 'Watchers! :D

Don't sleep on this game. I will be exploring it deeply and thoroughly, and you may just get hooked if you watch the first episode. Give it a try. Sit back, relax, and let Nethergate and my commentary wash over you. :D

Fluent also posted a second episode this week.

Hello everyone! I hope you've watched the first episode of this Let's Play, which involved a lot of party creation and some examples of the dialog present in this gem of an RPG. Well, in episode 2, we crank up the action dial quite a bit, as we head out for the goblin pits and explore, explore, explore!!! Oh yeah, and fight our way through hordes of goblins!

It gets hectic pretty fast, and we get to experience the combat system in the game for the first time. Let me tell you, it's a very pleasing experience, and the combat is done oh-so-well! It's really a joy to play, and I hope it's a joy for you to watch as well.

Thanks, Couch! :party:

Episode 2 is when the action starts to pick up a bit. I did design my party pretty thoroughly in Episode 1, so anyone who wants to check out the character creation aspect of the game, definitely start there. If you'd like to see more of the combat system and how the exploration and unique encounter scenarios function, then definitely check this episode out! We explore a goblin fortress and find many interesting things within, and the rich storytelling does a great job of drawing us into the experience without the use of fancy, modern graphics! It really is amazing how immersive Jeff is able to make these games while using a very basic graphical style. Interesting stuff! ^^

Hello lovelies!

Episode 3 is in the books! Check it out!

Hello beautiful people!

In today's episode, we continue to explore the expansive area known as the Goblin Pits (or the Goblin Fortress, if you prefer.). We get into some unique encounters, kill some fierce, villainous creatures, discover some exquisite new loot and generally explore the themes and design of the game on a much deeper level! I hope you will enjoy. :)

If you like this video, please share the link with a friend. Post it on Facebook, Twitter, etc. It would really help my channel and increase my viewership, which is greatly appreciated by me! :)

Also, for the cost of one pizza per month ($10), please become a Patron of mine and support independent media today! http://www.patreon.com/fluent

Thanks for watching and I love you all! ^_^

Thanks, Todd! :)

It's going to be a challenging series for me. Nethergate is not the most visually interesting game, so in order to make the videos interesting, I have to really dig deep with my narration and commentary skills. Of course, I'm still learning these things, I'm not a professional, so I hope I can simply improve in each episode.

The one trait that I think I can bring to the table in this area of entertainment is my slow-paced, thoughtful style of showcasing these games. There are YouTubers and entertainers who talk much faster, fly through the content, etc., but I prefer to savor every minute and I hope that that translates to the viewer. It's really a fun experience for me, so I enjoy it very much! :)

P.S. Thanks for the Like, Thrasher! :) :party:

My computer died last night, so... to get my fix, I watched your Nethergate video 2. It could have been tediously narrated, step by step, turn by turn, and loot item by loot item, but you avoided that and just narrated the most interesting aspects. Well done!

Aww, shucks...thanks for the compliment, Thrasher! And I'm glad my video was interesting to you. :)

I have a long way to go, I know that. I have to work on my energy levels and trying to keep videos interesting throughout. I have a habit of "zoning out", or maybe "zoning in" would be a better description. The point is, I almost forget I'm recording sometimes as I get incredibly drawn into the experience of the game itself! So, I have to work on keeping the videos interesting. But thank you for your support and the nice comment. Cheers! :party:

I'm a huge Vogel fan and loved GeneForge 1 as much as Avadon so these graphics don't turn me off at all. I like simple "looking" RPG games. Those who have played Vogel's games and appreciate them know how challenging they can be, the fun of risk reward and the great story telling. Factions, consequences, options and fun tactical combat. I learned to fear the simple purple "beholder" looking thingy in Geneforge as much as any AAA title hi poly nightmare!

Great post, Todd! :) :party:

I fully agree with you. Mr. Vogel's games are killer, and I also enjoy the simple graphical style. To me, Nethergate: Resurrection looks great, and it makes me use my imagination to a great extent, which is what I believe RPGs are all about.

The storytelling thus far in Nethergate is special, and I love the unique encounter design present in the game. For examples of this, check out the second and third videos in the series.

I'm glad there are others who seem to be cut from the same cloth as myself. Now, finding them all and leading them to my YouTube channel is another thing. ;)

Tell a friend, Todd! That would help my channel quite a bit. :)

Update: New episodes of this Let's Play will be coming soon! I haven't recorded any yet, but I plan on playing more once I get extension cables for my headset (so I can stream the game and still record on my laptop. Yeehaw!)

So stay tuned and more will come. :)

I'm happy to announce Episode 4 was uploaded tonight! :celebrate:

I'm still in the goblin pits, exploring, looting and having a blast! It's a very interesting place to explore, especially considering it's the first dungeon you encounter in the game. It has a lot to see and do, plenty of unique encounters and scenarios, and lots of little secrets and hidden things to find. Lots of rewarding exploration in this one, so make sure to watch it the whole way through!

Here it is, Episode 4.

Hello! In this episode of Let's Play Nethergate: Resurrection, we continue exploring the goblin fortress and head into the goblin village that is further inside the fort to explore. See what we find as we go deeper and deeper into the fort!

Thanks for watching and please Like/Comment/Subscribe/Share this video! It would mean a lot!

Also, become a Patron of mine today with a gift of $10 per month! Help support independent media! http://www.patreon.com/fluent

Ciao!

Back
Top Bottom