What games are you playing now?

Still on Age of Decadence. I rebuilt my axe wielder several times before finally making it out of the first city. :) Its a harsh challenge but is getting easier as I level up - the earlier sections definitely felt harder. I'm starting to take on gangs of enemies and crush them. I've gone with alchemy for the healing potions, and crafting, although I haven't found enough material to make anything that useful yet. I'm enjoying exploring the areas, and it's nice playing a game where so many areas are gated off because of my character choices - very much considering a replay with a smooth talking praetor at some point in the future to see some of the stuff I'm missing.

@Pladio; I'm also doing the arena fights. I haven't completed them - my last fight was the two Barbari, one ranged one melee. Will I recognise the fight based on your character when I get there (eg is he called Pladio?).

Still on Age of Decadence. I rebuilt my axe wielder several times before finally making it out of the first city. :) Its a harsh challenge but is getting easier as I level up - the earlier sections definitely felt harder. I'm starting to take on gangs of enemies and crush them. I've gone with alchemy for the healing potions, and crafting, although I haven't found enough material to make anything that useful yet. I'm enjoying exploring the areas, and it's nice playing a game where so many areas are gated off because of my character choices - very much considering a replay with a smooth talking praetor at some point in the future to see some of the stuff I'm missing.

@Pladio; I'm also doing the arena fights. I haven't completed them - my last fight was the two Barbari, one ranged one melee. Will I recognise the fight based on your character when I get there (eg is he called Pladio?).
Called Plaudio and if I remember correctly he has a very large hammer.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Cool, I look forward to killing him (probably on the 10th attempt though ;))

Bloody hell. I wouldn't stand a chance against him at the minute. I have level 7 in both axe and block, and 3/4 in alchemy and crafting. I have no convo skills at all, except a lucky 2 in streetwise that I picked up in a training event at some point. I clearly need to level up more before I can get anywhere in the arena - even the two Barbari are proving a bit too tricky at the minute! I've got past a couple of the trickier armoured guys by using poison, but it only gets you so far. Basically, I need better gear and a few more levels under my belt…

After many modded play throughs of regular skyrim im embarking on my first modding attempt of skyrim se.

Even in alpha state skse64 seems quite stable, enough for skyui at least. The amount of mod support for this game never ceases to amaze me. If it just had dark souls combat i might never need another game.

I usually try to max out the graphics but i think this time i’ll just make it look pretty good and concentrate on adding as much content as possible. Weapons, armor, mosters, npc’s, quests, cities and villages, new areas, etc. so much content!

Bloody hell. I wouldn't stand a chance against him at the minute. I have level 7 in both axe and block, and 3/4 in alchemy and crafting. I have no convo skills at all, except a lucky 2 in streetwise that I picked up in a training event at some point. I clearly need to level up more before I can get anywhere in the arena - even the two Barbari are proving a bit too tricky at the minute! I've got past a couple of the trickier armoured guys by using poison, but it only gets you so far. Basically, I need better gear and a few more levels under my belt…

You need to build up either alchemy or crafting and get good gear... It makes a massive difference.

You need to build up either alchemy or crafting and get good gear… It makes a massive difference.

Yeah I'm improving crafting at the minute and it is really paying off.

And... Plaudius is down! ;) Although it took four attempts and a lucky critical...

I am currently playing Baldur's Gate Trilogy, which is a mod that combines all the Baldur's Gate content (BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, Black Pits 1 & 2) into one epic campaign. I also added other mod content, such as NPCs, companions, Sword Coast Stratagems (increases the AI intelligence and challenge level) and some other stuff, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Several hours into SoD and surprised by how good that content is as well.

I'm also playing Morrowind heavily modded as my "relaxation game." When the nasty encounters in BG drive me too mad, I fire up a session with Ja'Dazaah, my Khajiit Monk, in a heavily modded Morrowind run. I'm using Morrowind ReBirth, which kind of changes the entire game, landscape and all, and is a sort of total overhaul yet still retains the original game in there, if that makes sense. Graphics mods, Tamriel Rebuilt (a whole new continent to explore!), and a bunch of other stuff, and I'm enjoying it a whole lot as well. First time playing a Monk, which is cool. I actually like the Hand-To-Hand system and being Unarmored. All I did was answer Socucius's questions and used his suggestion to be a Monk and ran with it. Fun stuff so far. :)

I'm also role-playing the character, in-character, for a Let's Play coming soon on my YouTubes. Keep an eye out on my YT channel for that if interested. :party:

Yeah I'm improving crafting at the minute and it is really paying off.

And… Plaudius is down! ;) Although it took four attempts and a lucky critical…

Yeah, he is much weaker than the final opponent.
It took me only one try when I played as a combat character assassin, but the final one took me all the tools available and 15 tries :D

Yeah he's taking me out in a couple of turns every time at the minute. I'll get back to him when I have better gear...

I'm also role-playing the character, in-character, for a Let's Play coming soon on my YouTubes. Keep an eye out on my YT channel for that if interested. :party:
Sounds fun! :)

Completed Age of Decadence. The ending I unlocked was a satisfying but far from "good" conclusion for the world and my cynical mercenary character. I'll definitely do a replay as a loremaster or praetor at some point. Total playtime was about 19hrs, so it didn't overstay it's welcome. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sounds fun! :)

So far, so good. :) Pretty cool to explore Morrowind again from a "new" perspective. ReBirth + Tamriel Rebuilt + LGNPC + etc. really changes things up for me. A Khajiit Monk is something new, too. Never bothered with the Hand-To-Hand skill but I'm seeing that it's actually pretty dang good so far (not sure how much of that was changed, if any, by mods I added.) I like how it drains stamina and then knocks them down so you can deal damage.

Completed Age of Decadence. The ending I unlocked was a satisfying but far from "good" conclusion for the world and my cynical mercenary character. I'll definitely do a replay as a loremaster or praetor at some point. Total playtime was about 19hrs, so it didn't overstay it's welcome. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Did you end up beating the final arena fight?
Also did you fight in the arena in the other city?

Did you end up beating the final arena fight?
Also did you fight in the arena in the other city?

No - I went off to find some new gear and got embroiled in a some activity that turned out to have triggered the end game.
Also no to the arena in the other city - I didn't even know there was one!
I guess it would be be more accurate to say I finished the game rather than completed it. ;)

I think that's ok though. One of the best things about the game was that constant suspicion I was missing important stuff and the game wasn't going to help me particularly if I didn't figure it out. I have a save game near the end where I think I could take slightly different decisions and keep exploring, but the end/decisions I took felt right for my (not very pleasant) character so I wouldn't really want to change that. And I'm definitely playing it again - one of the joys of finding a relatively short but choice and consequence heavy RPG!

My end stats were 10 in axe and block (which meant that practically nobody could even hit me anymore, except for the arena dude and a certain "special" character you meet near the end who triggers the end game. Aside from them I was an unstoppable killing machine, even when vastly outnumbered), 5 in critical strike (not very helpful outside of a couple of convos as far as I could see), 3 in alchemy, 7 in crafting, and 2 in streetwise and trading.

If I do another fighter type run I'll focus on crafting earlier - I never got the best gear really, the stuff I was using at the end was still found rather than made. It was good but clearly not the best, given you can add four attributes to a piece during crafting and mine had two or three at most. I think that would have given me the edge needed in the final, harder fights - more so than a couple of points in axe. Also, I didn't realise until far too late that you can deconstruct weapons to use their materials.

Edit: I'm really not done with the game yet. My body count last time was nearly 200 - this time I'm going to go with a non-combatant loremaster for a complete change of pace. A persuasive, knowledgeable but quite weak and therefore cowardly loremaster called Cicero. I'll be interested to see how different this plays out - I find it hard to imagine AoD without combat at the minute. I'll stick some points in dodge and throw just in case, probably… and I'll open/find a specific AoD thread so as not to take this one over with my findings!

Last edited:
Nice one, Pongo. I made it to Maadoran with an Assassin on my previous computer but never ended up going back for whatever reason. Your posts on AoD serve to remind me that I still have to get back to it, as it represents a specific type of cRPG that I very much like. (C&C heavy, lots of choices...) :)

I'm currently knee deep in my tactician run on Divinity Original Sin 2. Level 12 on the Reaper's Coast ; wandering around seeking content that I can get my teeth into.
The last thing I did was saved Hannag from the Magisters. Might try and head to the Lone Wolf and elf section to the NE next.

Back
Top Bottom