Gaming BS of the week

Yeah I read about this earlier in the week, and the writer from IGN was fired. Still it tarnishes the site but I cant stop laughing inside though because it was IGN.:lol:

As for the writer whose review got copied he might have a legal case, but its not worth it. As it will cost you $10,000 or more just to see the trial finished in court.

They have deleted all his article and he has disappeared off the internet now. I dont feel sorry for him.

They have deleted all his article and he has disappeared off the internet now. I dont feel sorry for him.
My reply was before they fired him and deleted every story he wrote. I even watched a video of him this week still denying it, and refusing to take the blame for his plagiarism.

So feel free to move this post to the P&R section.

BFV is reported to have weak preorders compared to Red Dead Redemption 2 and CoD:WW2.

Prior to this the trailer reveal had most people hating it, it had more dislikes than likes while the previous game had a like to dislike ratio of 50:1. There were many complaints, women werent prominent in the font line in WWII, it was too colourful, the woman shouldn't have a prosthetic that worked like the terminators skeletal arms.

The negativity of it reached EA and they said "if you dont like it, dont buy it". Faster forward and no one bought it.

I have no idea why are people accusing Vargas for deleting comments nor have ever seen him doing that - my troll comments are still there and YT has robot censor for all I know.
Misrepresenting? Sure. The game, if we can even call it a game, is a failed scam.

Eurogamer hates PC. Wrote that plenty of times. And now those mushrooms addicted schmucks want to censor PC community? Go censor phones.
PCgamer became mmogamer. And unlike Angry Joe who never deleted anything I wrote, and those usually weren't "nice" things, PCgamer banned me from their comments section. I still don't remember why really, but you know what pushes my buttons so I probably mentioned their i9, mushrooms and scamware shills. Well I know they would like to, but they can't ban me yelling "scam" on Steam. And that article needs to be an example of a site so pathetic their only weapon against user criticism is censoring banning them.

Milk'em by Ubisoft doesn't always mean DLC and microtransactions. How about rereleasing old games in a package after spending a few days only on replacing textures and that's it:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-settlers-2019
The Settlers: History Collection, which contains HD remasters of all seven The Settlers titles, is due to release on November 15, 2018, only on PC.
Remember playing Settlers 2 that supported a pair of mice on splitscreen against your roommate? Those were times where stupid mmoing and internet necessity for multiplayer didn't exist. But, do we need a remaster? Seriously? How about returning to the good old roots in the upcoming Settlers game instead?

No wonder. They put a bunch of women in the game, when I thought it was supposed to be a realistic WW2 simulation. So they have revised history now to please the SJW type crowd...beyond ridiculous. Sure, there were a few women who fought in WW2, but come on, actually finding one in a battlefield role would be like finding a black person at a typical country music concert...:biggrin: Sure, you might find one or two, but it would be like searching and finding a needle in a haystack.

I think it's more that people are just tired of playing the same game over and over and over, and now they have an excuse to think about wanting something new.

Personally, I can't wait until this happens with superhero movies - though I really shouldn't get too excited, as that extremely long fad will likely be taken over by something even less imaginative.

I think it's more that people are just tired of playing the same game over and over and over, and now they have an excuse to think about wanting something new.

Personally, I can't wait until this happens with superhero movies - though I really shouldn't get too excited, as that extremely long fad will likely be taken over by something even less imaginative.

Doesnt explain how COD:Black Op4 sold 6-7x more preorders. Most of the complaints are the that it isnt realisitic enough and reminds them of Fortnite in terms of graphics.

That is some serious bullshit and CDpr shouldn't have deleted the tweet nor apologized to whomever who's mind sees transphobia in everything. I bet no transgender person cared about it at all, but some attention seeking schmucks yelled "wolf". But the stupid species instead of dealing with scams that actually hurt people's lives and families like lootboxes are concentrated on silly political correctness.

https://wccftech.com/fallout-76-building-trailer-xb1x-bundle/
As with a number of games featured during the Inside Xbox presentation, Fallout 76 is getting its own Xbox One bundle. The bundle includes an Xbox One X, Fallout 76, and one month of Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold. Pre-orders should be opening soon. Here’s a look at the box…
WCCFxboxonefallout76bundle.jpg
No pip-boy replica.

Sigh a Cyberpunk 2077 Tweet is called a Transphobic & CD Projekt Red Apologizes.

Link - https://kotaku.com/cyberpunk-2077-tweets-transphobic-joke-studio-apologiz-1828502562

Nope nothing to add moving on.:movingon:
I'm a redditor, that meme was used on Reddit a lot and it isn't transphobic in the slightest. It's not sexist either, kind of the opposite, really…

Kotaku's full of shit and tweeter make people stupid. :lol:

Winterfart, redditor who upvote faster than his shadow and is also trying to steal Pibbur signature phrase (but is doing it wrong)…

After Stopping Pirates, Denuvo Plans to Catch Cheaters Too :ahoy:

Link - https://torrentfreak.com/after-stopping-pirates-denuvo-plans-to-catch-cheaters-too-180822/
Denuvo, the company that's widely known for its anti-piracy solution in games, is expanding its reach. Parent company Irdeto announced today that it will soon launch its own anti-cheat technology, to keep games fair and enjoyable for everyone.
Yes we all need more bloatware with our games. Please sir more.:please:
The REAL reason they're moving into this field can be found near the end of the article: "bypass in-game micro-transactions".

If they can help guarantee the EA's, Activisions and Ubisofts of the world that players won't be telling them to shove the MT's up their ass through Cheat Engine and such, that's a quick sale for Denuvo 'Anti Cheat'.

This isn't meant to make Denuvo beloved, this move is meant to help guarantee business by holding the prospect of 'MOAAAR MUNNEEEEEEE!!!' in front of Executives and Shareholders…

And let's face it, we ALL know how they react to such prospects.

We've seen myriad examples of this kind of toxic 'business model' (AKA treating the consumer like a cash cow), and as much as some publishers claim to have seen the 'error of their ways' (yeah right, pull the other one), we all know, deep down, exactly how this will end.

Cheating in single player games? Who cares? I wont buy games with Denuvo purely on principle now. They've gone too far.

Cheating in single player games? Who cares? I wont buy games with Denuvo purely on principle now. They've gone too far.
They claim it's to stop multiplayer cheating but the way micro-transactions are put in SP the protection will more then likely stop trainers, and mods being made.

I care. But not the way you think.
Due to pisspoor ports and abominable controls certain stuff in games is impossible to get, the recent example is Yakuza 0. If Sega doesn't fix it, I'll cheat few missions impossible to win thanks to insulting K+M controls scheme.
I'll ask a friend of course to photoshop me the insulting screen and will slap it everywhere I can: "Real Yakuza uses cheats" with small letters "thanks to pisspoor controls port" or something.
They claim it's to stop multiplayer cheating but the way micro-transactions are put in SP the protection will more then likely stop trainers, and mods being made.
They are full of bullshit. Not a single multiplayer game (client) uses Denuvo antitamper. All mmo cheats are "unlocked" by changing the game exe. That gives what? Yeah, advertising whatever although the solution is already there only it's misused to DRM singleplayer game executables.

Where will it all still fail? On phones. Hack memory or APK and you get yourself a crapload of gems, gold, diamonds or other taxfree currencies used to buy lootboxes with.
Then again, I wouldn't mind mmos and microtransactions being exclusive to garbage.

I care. But not the way you think.
Due to pisspoor ports and abominable controls certain stuff in games is impossible to get, the recent example is Yakuza 0. If Sega doesn't fix it, I'll cheat few missions impossible to win thanks to insulting K+M controls scheme.
I'll ask a friend of course to photoshop me the insulting screen and will slap it everywhere I can: "Real Yakuza uses cheats" with small letters "thanks to pisspoor controls port" or something.
Please send me a copy also so I can send it to SirJames.:biggrin:

They are full of bullshit. Not a single multiplayer game (client) uses Denuvo antitamper. All mmo cheats are "unlocked" by changing the game exe. That gives what? Yeah, advertising whatever although the solution is already there only it's misused to DRM singleplayer game executables.

Where will it all still fail? On phones. Hack memory or APK and you get yourself a crapload of gems, gold, diamonds or other taxfree currencies used to buy lootboxes with.
Then again, I wouldn't mind mmos and microtransactions being exclusive to garbage.

Many big name Asian MMOs use anti cheat addons to prevent cheating and I remember some western mmos do too. But that is because they have microtransactions. If a game doesnt have that and has an initial cost to play, then denuvo is in the market for them. But that type of game is increasingly rare so…

Back
Top Bottom