What games are you playing now? - Page 601 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

April 28th, 2019, 14:34
Imperator: Rome and enjoying it quite well despite it's lukewarm reviews.
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

April 28th, 2019, 14:40
Pladio, I must say that I'm also not a fan of the second or third Risen games. The only game from the series that I've ever replayed was the first one, and I don't see that ever changing. For me, it was easily the best in the series.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

April 28th, 2019, 22:57
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Pladio, I must say that I'm also not a fan of the second or third Risen games. The only game from the series that I've ever replayed was the first one, and I don't see that ever changing. For me, it was easily the best in the series.
I feel like I should not have played Elex prior to Risen 3. It was superior in almost every way to me.

Oh well, I guess it happens.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

April 29th, 2019, 00:42
Started no man sky - first play. Sad to learn it has no end game but will probably play a little to see how it opens up. Right now is a bit frustrating because you can only save by entering your ship and so I can never wonder too far as frequently i have to drop entertainment and do other stuff.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

April 30th, 2019, 13:31
Playing Gorky 17 which I found to be well designed and clever. Its essentially (classic) Resident Evil with (clever) turn based combat, including some puzzles. There is a wide range of melee and ranged weapons (but limited ammo), and wide variety of enemies and their armour levels and element protection (from fire for example) that you have to discover.

Characters gain experience during combat and improve their particular weapon level from repeated use. Experience is then used to level up characters (health, accuracy, counter .. etc.). Combat is hard and require thought to the different types of enemies with limited resources you have. You can modify the battle field slightly (push crates, create fire pits, etc.).

Brilliant atmosphere, clever and tough turn based combat - excellent little gem.

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

April 30th, 2019, 14:51
I moved from Assassin's Creed Odyssey to Two Worlds II. I play this game every couple years and still enjoy it. Honestly, the graphics hold up pretty well for such an old game.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

April 30th, 2019, 14:53
I'm still playing Infinite Adventures, I think I'll complete this one before going back to finish off the Great Gaias.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

May 1st, 2019, 10:45
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
I moved from Assassin's Creed Odyssey to Two Worlds II. I play this game every couple years and still enjoy it. Honestly, the graphics hold up pretty well for such an old game.
Didn't they update the graphics a couple years ago though?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)

May 1st, 2019, 10:55
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Didn't they update the graphics a couple years ago though?
Yeah they finally enabled DX-11/12 and other options that were greyed out since it's release. The weather system was finished and enabled also after a few years.
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

May 1st, 2019, 11:21
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Yeah they finally enabled DX-11/12 and other options that were greyed out since it's release. The weather system was finished and enabled also after a few years.
I thought they did an additional update besides those things. It was when the Call of the Tenebrae DLC was released. That's when they updated it to Two Worlds II "HD".

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)

May 1st, 2019, 11:26
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I thought they did an additional update besides those things. It was when the Call of the Tenebrae DLC was released. That's when they updated it to Two Worlds II "HD".
Yes but some of those options still weren't fully implemented till the Call of the Tenebrae DLC. The textures and lightning got an overhaul also. Not a big difference though.

Problem is they didn't post an updated FAQ of the changes. At least one I can find.

Only this.
The report cited that the engine update will feature better details in character models and game environment, as well as new in-game features and upgrades as well as achievements.
--

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

May 4th, 2019, 23:15
I started Spellforce 3 some days ago and I'm positively surprised.
If you can handle some RTS, you might want to give it a shot.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Greedfall

Morrandir

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

May 5th, 2019, 22:56
I fired up Tahira finally, I've had it for years and never got around to playing it. I've put maybe eight hours in so far, and I like it a lot. It reminds me of Telepath Tactics in the overall setup and also Banner Saga, so yeah, it certainly doesn't suck. One of the battles took me almost two hours to complete.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

May 6th, 2019, 00:17
Yep, Tahira is an awesome little gem!

I am currently playing Dead Age, which is another little Indie Game. It looks pretty cheap and it's pretty much like a "phone game". However, it is quite deep and requires more tactics and especially a better strategy than some other Roguelites I played recently.
--
Doing >Let's Plays< and >Reviews< in German. Latest Review: Pathway
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.

Kordanor

Wastelander

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

May 7th, 2019, 20:05
After finishing Tahira this morning, I looked on my not-played list, planned on firing up Dragon Quest Eleven….then saw I'd still not played Cosmic Star Heroine, so that one got the nod. I've only played maybe an hour so far, but I'm really enjoying it, reminds me of Phantasy Star era games.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

+1:

May 7th, 2019, 20:44
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I fired up Tahira finally, I've had it for years and never got around to playing it. I've put maybe eight hours in so far, and I like it a lot. It reminds me of Telepath Tactics in the overall setup and also Banner Saga, so yeah, it certainly doesn't suck. One of the battles took me almost two hours to complete.
Thanks carnifex. I've never heard of this one but it looks interesting, and I find I tend to like the games you are generally positive about so I'll look into this one.

Pongo

SasqWatch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
+1:

May 7th, 2019, 22:07
My views on Tahira took a turn for the worse later on though, after experiencing opposition forces simply materializing in front of me or jumping off cliffs without dying to assault my squad from unexpected areas. I did like the story and all the past and present threads coming together, but those opposition mechanics left a very nasty imprint on my brain.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

May 7th, 2019, 22:17
Hrm, didn't have any of these bad impressions. I had a lot of fun with these challenging fights and optimizing them.

This is one for the last couple of battles on a map, maybe you can pinpoint on what you mentioned in your comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXE7MSy9c_o
--
Doing >Let's Plays< and >Reviews< in German. Latest Review: Pathway
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.

Kordanor

Wastelander

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

May 9th, 2019, 05:46
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
I don't think he is required to progress the story right? Now I am struggling with Nergigante lol. Getting one shot by his dive bomb. I need more armour!
Sorry, I got distracted!

You've probably got Nergigante beat by now?

I still haven't had a look at the Spring event, either, but I don't really want a butterfly costume for my gruff old avatar…. Wait, what am I saying?! Of course I want a butterfly costume!!

What skills does the costume give, anyway? Is the event over?

edit: Looks like the Witcher 3 content just came out? Patching 3.2GB! I think I want Witcher armour even more than a butterfly costume!

Major Content
Monster Hunter: World and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt collaboration content is now on Steam! Check the news for more details!
https://steamcommunity.com/games/582…81424501527937
Last edited by SirJames; May 9th, 2019 at 07:28.

SirJames

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

May 9th, 2019, 09:42
@SirJames

Been busy, so haven't been playing it much

Yes, I did beat Nergigante!! I think the spring event finishes on 16th… the spring armour set isn't really special, it just look pretty on female characters, thats all! Personally, I prefer Kadichi set.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?