City versus country

It looks like it is big enough for having a guestroom. I say, buy, Darth. For it would be a nice place for a short stay when on my way to visit pibbur. ;)

As for the question:
I prefer the suburbs. I love nature, be it forest or sea (not mountains), but I like supernarkets to be open till late in the evening and need a hospital nearby.

Is that a piece of property on somebody else's farm? Looks really nice!

Oh... satellite internet?

It looks like it is big enough for having a guestroom. I say, buy, Darth. For it would be a nice place for a short stay when on my way to visit pibbur.

You'd be welcome - but you'd have to like dogs, as I have one that goes crazy with joy when people visit ;)

Well, it's not as bad as it was. He's mellowed out a bit in his old age.

As for the question:
I prefer the suburbs. I love nature, be it forest or sea (not mountains), but I like supernarkets to be open till late in the evening and need a hospital nearby.

I can appreciate those :)

Nearest hospital is around 15 minutes away, which isn't too bad. I tend to shop 1-2 times each week and I make sure not to forget anything - as that would mean having to move my body again.

There's one advantage of being that lazy. It means I don't go shopping for extra candy or "guf" as we call it here in Denmark. That's my great trick for staying in decent shape.

Is that a piece of property on somebody else's farm? Looks really nice!

Yeah, some farmer somewhere owns the fields surrounding the place. It's a very common arrangement here in Denmark - as we have fields all over the place.

Oh… satellite internet?

Internet is one of my concerns. Of course, I've done my research and several ISPs claim to offer ~20-50Mbit mobile broadband connections (4G).

If the bank greenlights the loan (there's no reason they shouldn't) - I'm going back to the house for a last check-up and I'll remember to test the connection with my iPhone. Should be a decent test.

But it's not going to be super fast no matter what, which is not a good thing at all :(

That said, it will support my plan to develop games rather than download them, hehe.

Some games have started to exceed 100 GB of space!

So sakichop is Cleve!

Nah, I like people,but when I’m at home I like to be left alone.

I live in the suburbs now and get solicitors and crap all the time. Also I once got a letter from the city for storing a lawn mower that stopped working under my deck. I was told to keep it in the garage or they would send someone to dispose of it and charge me.

So yeah, I’d prefer to live as far away for people and bureaucracy as I can and I’ll just visit people when i want company.

It's not where you live, but with who you live that's important :)

Looks a great place. Congratulations. I would be worried the internet though. Make sure you can live with it for a longer period of time. 4g is not very reliable, even in Denmark

I've found that 4G has really improved in the last couple of years, and I've had a good experience with it. There's a couple of places I visit regularly for work, and I hate it when they try to nickle-and-dime you for hotel wifi, so I got an unlimited 4G data sim from the Three network. It's been very solid, and I've used it for weeks at a time, including big downloads. Of course, some places have weak signal, but in areas with decent reception, I've found it almost as good as a wired connection.

Looks a great place. Congratulations. I would be worried the internet though. Make sure you can live with it for a longer period of time. 4g is not very reliable, even in Denmark

I've used it for years when I lived in Køge - which didn't have the best coverage.

It was surprisingly stable and I had strangely low ping times in games, which I never quite understood.

But, I think it's very much about your location - and I'm certainly worried about it. Internet is like a lifeline for me :)

Forgot to respond to this one.

You're very right, of course.

I haven't entirely given up finding a partner - though she'd have to want to live with me in the middle of nowhere.

Quite the risk ;)

Perhaps start an artists' colony, with a free-love policy.

That's a thought :)

Of course, in that particular way - I'm very much a one-woman sort of man. Call me old-fashioned ;)

So.... not getting that house :(

Looking at another house now, which is twice the price. Time will tell.

Doesn't matter. I'm going to pretend he got the house anyway. ;)

A lot of banky/suit stuff that I was ignorant about.

Apparently, the house is:

Too cheap (yeah, that's a thing)
Placed where resale is problematic
Not in a good state in terms of the roof (duh!)

The guy I talked to didn't seem to have much of a brain, but I know better than to start a debate with a suit. For one, he'd "heard" that such a roof would cost at least twice as much as the maximum amount it would actually cost to fix - and I couldn't really make him see that.

In any case, there's some good in this - because I've had more time to think, and maybe it is a little too remote a place - and maybe it wouldn't be such a great investment if I ever think about selling it again.

So, maybe it's for the best. I was just in a place where I thought I'd finally found my new home.

I'm looking at something else now - but I've made a deal with the bank about the process. I refuse to invest myself in another house until the bank greenlights it as an option for financing - and so I just send the information and await a response.

I've done that with another house. If the bank greenlights it, I'll post more on that :)

The house was charming, but I do think that perhaps the suit did you a favour, in this case.

Bank greenlit the new house - and I've made an offer to the seller. I'm waiting to hear their answer :)

Yeah, I'm quite keen on it.

But I'm very much a take it or leave it sort of person when I make an offer - so it's yes or I walk ;)

Back
Top Bottom