NWN2 NWN - Swordflight Chapter Four released

Neverwinter Nights 2
Hey I'm just sharin' the good oil :)

The challenge is what's got me hooked at the moment too. I'm currently playing a Ranger/Shadow Dancer/Assassin who's been sneaking into the humanoid camps around the Borderlands assassinating their leaders. The Orc chieftain is proving tricky. Tip-toeing through rooms fall of enemies is a bit nerve racking - I'm loving it.

Sweet he released part four finally. Off to play now.:movingon:

I haven't played this series yet although I've been hearing good things about it. How does this compare to The Aielund Saga? I heard it's more combat oriented and challenging?

I haven't played Aielund Saga yet but Swordflight is definitely challenging and features a lot of roleplaying stuff, like a lot of skill checks, some puzzles and some neat skill quirks like walking by a house and possibly Detect Evil telling you there's something bad going on inside and so on. I played a large chunk of it into Chapter 2 I think, it was pretty good. I liked the bard chick you travel with, she was endearing and funny. I enjoyed it but it was definitely challenging on the combat side, had to reload a ton at times.

Oh, sounds like something I might enjoy :)

Yeah you might, although as I mentioned it is challenging. Has a great dungeon I think near the end of Chapter 1 or so, can't remember the details but it's pretty great. I was embarrassingly stuck on the puzzle there for ages and it was an easy answer I overlooked. :p But the writing and characterization of the main character you travel with is pretty good, I'd share some things but wouldn't want to spoil the surprises. :)

Eh, started interesting, the author is definitely talented. Definitely a lot of "rpg meat" here, plenty of skill checks and overall very solid writing. Kind of lost interest though, same issue as old crpgs, way too much ( lackluster) combat drag it down.

Eh, started interesting, the author is definitely talented. Definitely a lot of "rpg meat" here, plenty of skill checks and overall very solid writing. Kind of lost interest though, same issue as old crpgs, way too much ( lackluster) combat drag it down.

How would or could anyone end up playing Swordflight unless they were already fully aware of what kind of combat to expect? Also, NWN combat bares very little resemblance to any other RPG regardless of age. I see you're a new account, is it really getting that boring on the tired old RPGcodex?

How would or could anyone end up playing Swordflight unless they were already fully aware of what kind of combat to expect? Also, NWN combat bares very little resemblance to any other RPG regardless of age. I see you're a new account, is it really getting that boring on the tired old RPGcodex?

Lackblogger says: What???

Back
Top Bottom