Ashes of Oahu - Shooter RPG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
OnlySP reports that Ashes of Oahu is the redesigned Nightmarchers RPG that was previously on Fig but failed to fund.

One of the key changes to the game is the shrinking of the playspace. Previously, Wyrmbyte had endeavoured to create a 1:1 representation of Oahu, though the new version reduces the island's area to 25km2.

The move away from recreation extends to the gods in the game, which no longer take their names from those used by Hawaiian natives.

Another major change comes to the art style, which has been adapted from realism to one inspired by comic books. The developer claims that this alteration came from a desire to reflect the fictional nature of the story.

[...]

Thanks Farflame!

More information.

That entire list of changes is awful. I was mildly interested in this before. No longer.

That entire list of changes is awful. I was mildly interested in this before. No longer.

Well I don't blame them for downsizing the game world at least. Trying to do a 1:1 representation of Oahu was an insane ambition to begin with.

Not too sure about this one, but I'll keep an eye on it just for the fact that it's a post-apocalypse setting.

Fig - not interested.
Any game that's storydriven singleplayer - interested unless grinder.

Wasn't interested in this before and that's not likely to change with all of these newer updates. I can understand them needing to be realistic about their own goals and expectations, though.

Back
Top Bottom