RPG Vaporware you really wish would materialize

Just a short update about Dungeons of Aledorn.

Link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1153206899/dungeons-of-aledorn-old-school-hardcore-rpg/comments

Comments taken from Sept-May 2018 this year.
Hi, you are absolutely right about the amount of funds - they are not sufficient to pay for the whole team for so many years of development, but they were never meant to be. Almost all of our team members work only half-time and make their living elsewhere. Those funds are mostly used for assets, additional software or one-time jobs of externists.

Greetings, during the summer holidays we are planning to release a new update. The promised beta version is nearly finished and although the progression is slower than expected we have much to show.
Thank you for the patience,

Definitely not, we just have no new graphic material for the presentation. We are currently compiling various elements into a playable beta version … There will be a lot of dungeons and a few exteriors waiting for you. Also, most mechanics will work.

Hi, do not worry. We are still here and develop. But from first team we are only 4 active developers. So big project vs. not too much powers But we make a small steps to the beta version.

We are still alive. Do not worry Big game, not to much developers, but still working

Hi, we are preparing an internal beta version. Of course, some update will be, but it just takes …
Sounds to me something went wrong as this game is years behind schedule.

That's really the only positive point out of all this, the towel hasn't been thrown in as of yet. It's an ambitious project, as it has been from the very beginning, I just hope we all get a chance to play it.

I really hope will see something more from Seven Dragon Saga. I was really looking forward to this.

Before Shadowrun Returns, before Wasteland II, there was a glimmer of hope that an English version of The Fall - Last Days of Gaia would get released.
Yeah it was cancelled by the publisher but fans translated the game.

Link - http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/the-fall-english-language-mod.175513/

Now you either have to import the game, or find it by other means on the internet.
Great game I played back then, but it was so bug-riddled that I gave up at some point.
Played the fan translation and I agree.

Cyberpunk 2077.

Yeah, I know it's not vapourware. But it has taken an awful lot of time with little concrete information. I want it already!!!!

pibbur whose own (hobby) programming projects are and most likely will continue to be in a permanent vapourware state.

PS. Great thread, daveyd!!! DS.

Last edited:
The real gothic 4

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Never going to happen as Piranha Bytes is done making Gothic games. They moved onto the Risen series, and now Elex is their main focus for the next five years at least.:(
Arcania was the first walking simulator ;-)
No a funded game that is probably Vaporware called Frontiers is.

Link - https://www.kickstarter.com/project...urvive?ref=category_most_funded&ref=discovery

Also these three games are way over their estimated release date.

Edge Of Eternity - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/midgarstudio/edge-of-eternity-pc-mac-linux-ps4-xbox-one/updates
An indie tribute to J-RPG classics. Explore a universe blending fantasy with science-fiction, intense ATB battles and branching story.
Project Phoenix - https://www.kickstarter.com/project...talent?ref=category_most_funded&ref=discovery
Project Phoenix is a JRPG with a squad based RTS game design, brought to you by veteran developers and creators from the East and West.
Unsung Story - https://www.kickstarter.com/project...rdians?ref=category_most_funded&ref=discovery
A rich, diverse Tactical RPG, envisioned by the master of the genre Yasumi Matsuno and you, the fans!

Last edited:
Forgot about Frontiers!
Still looking forward to that one and Dungeons of Aleorn.

Apart of some of the games already mentioned, I would love for either of the Mooncrest by Rick Burton (BioWare and NWN mod fame) to be released at some point.

I still get updates on Project Phoenix, that is a game that will totally surprise me if it is actually ever released. Every time I see an update, I fully expect it to finally tell us that they threw in the towel, but to date, that's not happened yet.

I still get updates on Project Phoenix, that is a game that will totally surprise me if it is actually ever released. Every time I see an update, I fully expect it to finally tell us that they threw in the towel, but to date, that's not happened yet.
Their demo looked quite good actually

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Frontiers isn't vaporware, it's been on Steam for years. It's just one of those games that's been in early access for a very long time, and I have my doubts that it'll ever be finished.

It seemed very promising too.. reminds me of Morrowind in some ways.

Yeah, some of these games that have all but vanished under the auspice of Early Access make me wonder if they'll ever produce a working product.

Two more I was reminded of recently, Darktide (formerly known as Empyrios). They haven't had an official update since a blog post last March. However, just the other day, there's a message on twitter from the developer that news about their "change in direction" is coming (in the next few months). I was not crazy about the art style (bit too cartoony for my tastes), but Darktide is a turn-based tactical RPG, so it was on my radar.

The other, which I am very interested, in, is OneSamurai. There hasn't been much of any news for quite some time, but the developer has been posting some screenshots & concept art on twitter in recent months. Glad to see this is still alive; I'm dying for a RPG in Feudal Japan.

Last edited:
After not getting funded & no KS updates for over a year, the turn-based tactical espionage RPG "Spy DNA" had a new update last night. Good news is the game is still being worked on & plan to make a video in the near future.

This reminded me of another unsuccessful tactical KS RPG I had backed. The unfortunately named "Forbidden Unit" which also had espionage / cyberpunk themes. They don't seem to have any updates since last September.

Back
Top Bottom