Valkyria Chronicles 4 announced

Meh - honestly, a lot of those are just variations on what's been in TV shows for eons. That's especially true for shows aimed at kids.

Oh, and I expect the boring male protagonist is that way because it helps the teenage boys identify. If you're big into cars and the protagonist is big into painting, it's going to be all the more obvious that he ain't you. If you're big into cars and the protagonist doesn't mention cars, well, maybe the subject just didn't come up.

Child prodigies are smart, sure, but not every child is a prodigy, but many anime like to make the excuse that the "loli" is there because of her intelligence, and we've all known people who were able to move up a grade or two in school, but many of these examples are a bit extreme.
Great guns - how many paragraphs in that sentence?? (Also, I've never known anyone to move up a grade in school.)

Even despite "generic dude protagonist", I am still stoked to play this. I tried the demo on PS4 and really enjoyed it. It's just so freaking expensive!

But it's still near the top of my list. So yes, please Joxer, keep being enthusiastic about it! It seems like a deserving game.

Trust me, the game is so awsome I just can't wait to return to it.
I adore characters, I adore the turnbased model, and I can't say anything bad about maps - it's like a collection of puzzles you need to analyze, strategize and then solve in the most efficiant way possible.

I can't understand much reviewers who said "meh", then again I love to think in a game, not grind. ;)

Aye, it's a plague is what it is.

Take note what happened to this young lad…ambitious and prosperous, an apple of his mother's eye, until he got caught into weebo-lolz.

Instead now he travels around with his anime waifu, mockery of all.

Warning/Disturbing material

nerdytravelanimefantrekstheglobewithcardboardcutoutwolfnbspbride24734432.jpg

nerdytravelanimefantrekstheglobewithcardboardcutoutwolfnbspbride64933720.jpg

nerdytravelanimefantrekstheglobewithcardboardcutoutwolfnbspbride9915200.jpg

More here: https://cosplaybuzz.wordpress.com/2...ks-the-globe-with-cardboard-cutout-wolfbride/

I'm just worried about you guys here a bit. :)

What you're showing in the spoiler is xth social networks addict case. Remain anozjer zero just photo everything and get some comments/likes/shares/whatever because social networks are life.

In this thread, I believe it's offtopic. Unless of course there is Zynga's Valkirville cow clicker on facebook. Whouldn't surprise me they made one.

Of course Bobo would be the one comin in here with that noise :rolleyes:

And Joxer's right - your input is absolutely welcome but please try to keep it relevant to the topic as much as possible. :)

Ok, ok...kill a man, for a sense of humor. ( if you do decide on something like this...take pictures! ;))

You know I was looking at your spoiler Bobo and I remember passing by those red pillars last year but - and i might be mistaken - i'm pretty sure the girl on the left wasn't there. I will comment that it was a bit of a hike to the top but not too bad - not nearly as bad as Longs Peak.
-
Anyway back to topic when do we get the game of the year version of vc4 that includes all the dlc ?

Anyway back to topic when do we get the game of the year version of vc4 that includes all the dlc ?

You raise an interesting question. The original VC didn't have much in the way of DLC (iirc?) because it was just a port of an existing PS3 game. I wonder if Sega will run the DLC machine night and day on this one, or if it'll be more or less the same thing? They're the only publisher I can think of that's cranking out a million DLCs these days - most of the rest stop at two-ish. I have a hard time imagining the dev studio making a ton of VC DLCs, but...it *is* Sega, so I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise if they turn it into Total War...

My understanding is that vc4 is also a port and the three or four dlc being released released are not new. They have already been released on the console a long time ago.... I.e, Sega could have released the full package as a bundle but chose to milk.

You raise an interesting question. The original VC didn't have much in the way of DLC (iirc?) because it was just a port of an existing PS3 game. I wonder if Sega will run the DLC machine night and day on this one, or if it'll be more or less the same thing? They're the only publisher I can think of that's cranking out a million DLCs these days - most of the rest stop at two-ish. I have a hard time imagining the dev studio making a ton of VC DLCs, but…it *is* Sega, so I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise if they turn it into Total War…

Yeah, the extra content that I know will be coming down the pipe is the reason I've not bought this game as of yet. When it is all out and available, then it might be time to bust open the wallet.

Yeah, the extra content that I know will be coming down the pipe is the reason I've not bought this game as of yet. When it is all out and available, then it might be time to bust open the wallet.
As soon as I read the DLC roadmap I knew I would wait to buy. Then again it's Sega a publisher known for selling excessive amounts of DLC on its strategy games.

Update: Let me simplify it Sega is worse then Paradox.:p

Last edited:
Not only I've read the roadmap, I've also posted info on dates when each of DLC is coming.
Bought the game without plans to buy any of DLC later. As the game so far was good to me, when I finish it if I want some more of it, I'll go for DLC too, but only when bundled and discounted, no way I'd buy one by one.

VC4 DLC is nothing essential being cut nor something needed in the vanilla game. The evil part of me dares to say it feels like paid mods being made by the developer and not modders. I'm quite unsure why exactly those DLC exist in such manner. All good ideas from those could have been a part of VC5 instead.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 is a long interesting game - no DLCs needed.

It feels like a very good remake of the first part, with new maps, new characters and a new story.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 is a long interesting game - no DLCs needed.
Maybe not needed but some of them do look interesting and they will all be out by Christmas. Wait until Spring or maybe Summer and there should be some sort of bundle or 'complete' release. Plus there will be time for some mods to get built.

P.S. Did anyone get through the first game's DLC? They were pretty hard!

Yeah I stumbled through them, and you are right Zloth, they were pretty tough. That's why I'll wait for a full version of this game, because all of the content seems to be worth playing.

Oh no you don't. I'm still grinding Odyssey and no bait will make me to continue VC4 till I'm done with it.
Next weekend… ;)

Yea, it's the case of too many great games released at the same time and I can't shuffle between so will complete one by one.
Already mentioned I'm 99% sure KCD will get my vote, but if nothing changes that'll also be VC4.
And most probably Y0. Which place will each go, not sure, doesn't matter. Still didn't touch Kingmaker so dunno maybe it's also goty material, Odyssey is disqualified because microtransactions, DragonQuest is just a grinder, NNK2 too although more interesting, BT4 is on hold due to release bugs, Eternity2 was a wasted potential, etc etc. Then there is Thronebreaker… Is it even RPG? Could be, apparently everything is as in any RPG only the combat ain't swords, guns or sorcery but cards. New Tomb Raider isn't RPG, but it doesn't mean I won't play it…
Whatta year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom