EA Origin Access program

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
The Xbox lost another exclusive.

For $5/month (USD).

From the FAQ: What is Origin Access
Glad you asked! Origin Access is an all-you-can-play membership service for PC gamers. Membership unlocks The Vault, a growing collection of great PC games you can download and play as much as you want. Plus, members can play upcoming EA games before they're released for a limited time, and score an automatic 10% discount on Origin purchases, including full games, pre-orders, DLC, FIFA points, and kitchen sinks. OK, maybe not that last one, but you get the point.

The current games in the vault.

Glad you asked! Origin Access is an all-you-can-play membership service for PC gamers.
Someone asked?

Any kind of membership stinks on MMO taxing not by government. Not joining this scam.

Not much there. None of the Mass Effects. Not surprised…

Who cares for games, we all have games already. There is something not all of us have.

So what's with DLC garbageware?

Do they have a display of their kitchen sinks ?

........ I can't believe they did this right now.....
With that pathetic vault offering. If you do the math on purchasing those games new (and lets be honest, few people like all those genres and are unlikely to have all those games listed) you'd have to be an idiot to sign up for longer than 9 months.
And EA is gambling (like every other subscription service) that people don't cancel subscriptions if they are cheap enough.

What a freaking insult to anyone that can do the basics of math.

Do they have a display of their kitchen sinks ?

Given how much kitchen sinks cost... this is the only item they listed worth paying.

Bait and SWITCH!

I took a look at this offer when it hit my email and asked myself "WHY?!?!"

Sorry, EA ... But no way!

ROFL.....I love how both EA and Origin continue to reaffirm what garbage they both are, and what they peddle. Thanks for my best laugh all year, so far!

You guys are just to hard on EA, they need to gather more money to offer CDPR more to buy them. Think how it must look to them to have a company CD making great games and carrying about their customers.

EA must buy and destroy ....

Hehe, just posted in the Pricewatch topic! Ah well.

It DOES look like a good way to play the Dragon Age games if you haven't before. And, if you've go seriously too much time, you can save one whole dollar by signing up for Access, buying a $60 game, then cancelling.

All in all, I would say check back in a year to see if they haven't put more stuff in the vault. A lot more stuff. With Xbox there's not all that much to put in but with PC... Electronic Arts goes way WAY WAY back. They could drop a lot of ancient classics in there.

And, if you've go seriously too much time, you can save one whole dollar by signing up for Access, buying a $60 game, then cancelling.

For the Xbox version last year, quite a few people bought the access pass for the month of November, played Dragon Age Inquisition one week early and saved ~$1 on the cost of a game they were going to buy anyway.

I'm pretty sure we are going to be able to do the same thing for Mass Effect Andromeda...

As long as they keep adding games, it looks like an alright deal, for anyone who plays a lot of games and tend to move on after finishing one. With the current lineup, it won't have much of a lasting appeal after a few months, but I would be surprised if they did not keep adding new games

Don't diss it that fast. It's a cheap way of playing one of the games in the lineup. I finished Dragon Age 1 and 2 in like 2 weeks each, so for $5 I could have played them both, and then cancel.

Back
Top Bottom