The Witcher Netflix series begins production.

The character needs charm, no cuteness and a bit of geriatrics. That makes either Jim Caviezel or Vincent Cassel perfect for the role.

Well if Mikkelsen is too sociopathic, Caviezel is too soft and gentle.

Cassel would be a big "non, non!" for me, but to each his own...

I saw Mads in this movie, he could make a good Geralt.

joxer, as is the case most of the time, has no idea what he's talking about.

If you want to see Mads Mikkelsen be soft and vulnerable, you shouldn't watch his mainstream money-makers (American films) - as he's usually cast as a villain - you should watch movies like:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457655/?ref_=nv_sr_1
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0315543/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Check this out:

He's got quite the range, and would be perfect for Geralt. Both in terms of his physicality - which is imposing but not too "large" - and especially because of his ability to be vulnerable when it's required.

He's also got the right age for the not too old but rugged look.

He's more than capable of being emotionally distant on the surface - but with a significant soft touch.

Caviezel is wrong for the part, not just because of his perfect soft face - but also because he's extremely selective about the parts he plays - and I very much doubt he'd be a convincing Witcher.

As for Cassel, that's an interesting choice - but Mikkelsen is still the better choice.

joxer, as is the case most of the time, has no idea what he's talking about.
Right?
If you want to see Mads Mikkelsen be soft and vulnerable, you shouldn't watch his mainstream money-makers (American films) - as he's usually cast as a villain
I think I saw that guy only once in my lifetime in American movies and it was some spy movie IIRC. Mainstream and me are not on good terms. Besides, don't you remember I refused to watch some overrated and overhyped trash tv show you praised like crazy for ages?

Most probabaly aware of his actual presence on screen he pulled out brilliant portrayals in Valhalla Rising (not recommending it, he nailed his character but the movie overall is disgusting). I can't think of anyone replacing him in Pusher and Pusher II (highly recommended, the whole trilogy to be precise).

Mikkelsen's onscreen appearance just cannot make anyone believe in Geralt's toxic relationship with Yennefer. If he gets the role, that would be a disaster or they will have to write Yen out.
Well if Mikkelsen is too sociopathic, Caviezel is too soft and gentle.
Add him Geralt's beard. That's soft and gentle? Gimme a break. Or we're not living on the same planet.
Cassel would be a big "non, non!" for me, but to each his own…
What, he sucks? Seriously? LOL

Look, I just tossed two names from the top of my head that IMO could pull Geralt's role perfectly, maybe if I was thinking some more I'd remember who might go for it too. Also, Sean Bean and Jeremy Irons crossed my mind, but I skipped them because IMO they're a bit too old for the role.

Last edited:
No I don't know. The forum authority of knowing_what_talking_about said so thus it's 100% true.

I didn't mean to imply you couldn't get it up, joxer! That's the first I've heard about your troubles.

I thought you'd remember a movie you highly recommend, is all.

I love the Pusher trilogy and the Pusher 1 remake was probably the best remake ever. As a fan of the original, I was real worried they'd mess it up but they totally nailed it. The soundtrack was epic.

Again, sorry if I touched a nerve. Was a completely innocent comment.

I think I saw that guy only once in my lifetime in American movies and it was some spy movie IIRC. Mainstream and me are not on good terms. Besides, don't you remember I refused to watch some overrated and overhyped trash tv show you praised like crazy for ages?

I don't really pay much attention to what you're saying, as it's mostly ultra snap-judgment bullshit.

But, once in a while, you seem like you've actually given things some thought - and then I pay attention.

In this case, not so much :)

Again, watch more Mikkelsen - and you'll see more sides of him.

Also, weren't you one of those guys praising Rogue One?

I'm surprised you haven't caught on to his softer side yet, if you've watched Pusher.

His entire role in that series is that of a man putting up a facade of being a tough guy - but he's clearly very insecure and vulnerable underneath.

Pay more attention to the movies you're watching, man ;)

King Arthur was pretty good, I found. Well, I liked it. Soundtrack was great, too!

I guess it's sort of a guilty pleasure.

I don't really pay much attention to what you're saying, as it's mostly ultra snap-judgment bullshit.
You never realized it's your IQ?
I didn't mean to imply you couldn't get it up, joxer! That's the first I've heard about your troubles.

Again, sorry if I touched a nerve. Was a completely innocent comment.
What, lol, no.
No man, you didn't, don't worry. Also I don't have troubles, at least I don't think so.
I'm just trying to feed the pompous primadonna's ego some more till I get bored and move to another thread.

Rutger Hauer in his prime might have made a good Geralt, except... well, he was never really an outstanding actor. Adequate, sure. But outstanding? Nah. I'd like to see some nuance brought to the role of Geralt of Rivia, say, anguishing over whether he should kill another giant chicken-griffin that was just doing what giant chicken-griffins do (eat people) or musing over why he likes to dress up in Yennefer's finest feminine finery when he's had a few belts under his belt. We need an ACTOR for that.

What, he sucks? Seriously? LOL

Look, I just tossed two names from the top of my head that IMO could pull Geralt's role perfectly, maybe if I was thinking some more I'd remember who might go for it too. Also, Sean Bean and Jeremy Irons crossed my mind, but I skipped them because IMO they're a bit too old for the role.
Vincent Cassel doesn't sucks, but I think he's only good when playing contemporary characters. Geralt is too fantasy for him.

Irons would be great, but yeah, too old.

Vincent Cassel was great in that movie where he had a dual-role, as The Devil and the woman who gives birth to The Devil's child. Lots of demonic intensity with that guy, yet can play kinder, gentler, light-comedic roles, like his lovable portrayal of Gilles de Rais in that movie about Joan of Arc. Probably one of my favorite actors. No, he does NOT suck. Anyone that thinks he sucks- well, suck this! :p

Vincent Cassel was great in that movie where he had a dual-role, as The Devil and the woman who gives birth to The Devil's child. Lots of demonic intensity with that guy, yet can play kinder, gentler, light-comedic roles, like his lovable portrayal of Gilles de Rais in that movie about Joan of Arc. Probably one of my favorite actors. No, he does NOT suck. Anyone that thinks he sucks- well, suck this! :p
Sheitan is the movie you're talking about. I don't remember it very well, I was too drunk.

I don't have anything bad to say about Cassel, I think it just would be weird for me to see a French dude playing Geralt the Witcher.

King Arthur was pretty good, I found. Well, I liked it. Soundtrack was great, too!

I guess it's sort of a guilty pleasure.

Same here. I think my yearly watch of it is coming due now.

Sheitan is the movie you're talking about. I don't remember it very well, I was too drunk.

I don't have anything bad to say about Cassel, I think it just would be weird for me to see a French dude playing Geralt the Witcher.

I don't remember the plot too well (and I was sober) but I vividly remember his aggressive, even manic performance in it, and that of the cute but odd red-headed chick who turns out to so aggressive herself (sexually in this case) that she completely explodes in weirdness, which made her memorable. The actress who played her also played one of the infamous Papin sisters in a french movie about them which was also rather shocking and seemed to really push the boundaries of what is acceptable in mainstream films, even for euro-cinema.

I don't remember the plot too well (and I was sober) but I vividly remember his aggressive, even manic performance in it, and that of the cute but odd red-headed chick who turns out to so aggressive herself (sexually in this case) that she completely explodes in weirdness, which made her memorable. The actress who played her also played one of the infamous Papin sisters in a french movie about them which was also rather shocking and seemed to really push the boundaries of what is acceptable in mainstream films, even for euro-cinema.
Les blessures Assassines, it's our Funny Games, kind of.
Interesting and courageous movie, but boring.

The red-headed chick is Julie-Marie Parmentier, I like her a lot :p

Back
Top Bottom