Divinity 2 - Ego Draconis Unveiled?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I am really looking forward to this, in a sort of hopeful way. For some reason, the first 2 just didn't click for me, and I know they should have. Something about them just felt....clunky. I really can't put my finger on it. Here's hoping.

I know the feeling Santos. I know they are good games (or at least DD is) but it never really captured me. Perhaps in time I'll revisit but there are so many games on my todo list. None the less I'm still looking forward to more info on this one.

Well I'm looking forward to it. DD was pretty good for its time.

BD wasn't as great though.

Well I'm looking forward to it. DD was pretty good for its time.

BD wasn't as great though.

Well, now that's interesting. I just kind of assumed that the second would be better than the first. Was there a particular reason you feel this way?

Well, now that's interesting. I just kind of assumed that the second would be better than the first. Was there a particular reason you feel this way?

It was very buggy, the voice-overs were poorly done, and I just hate randomly generated dungeons. It was an OK game, but not as good as DD.

DD wasn't perfect either.

I'll be surprised if it will be as good as the first one.

I guess it will have "bloomy next gen grafix" and lame gameplay.

Ego Draconis doesn't make much sense as a local tile, since it's latin...

Ego Draconis is probably the international title. I seem to remember a rumor from way back when about some kind of shapeshift-into-a-dragon gameplay for Div2. I can't find the source anymore, but I believe it was a report from a developer's expo where Larian was showing off its new engine.

... so we should hear of more details soon and no doubt more at the upcoming German GC.
More information.

Ha, what is making you so optimistic about that one!?

I´d rather say waaaaaiiit a minute! :police:

With the next to being non-existent PR by the Larians up to here and the fact that rather a publisher would run the show there (or at least have the final word on it), i would rather doubt the Larians having time or spending resources on a presence there.

And remember:
As much as we do not a lot about the game in the first place, we also do not know whether they have a publisher at all - because as with anything else the Larians have been staying absolutely mum about that (of course! :rolleyes: ).

Ragon, the heretic Mage
:S:p

I seem to remember a rumor from way back when about some kind of shapeshift-into-a-dragon gameplay for Div2.

Good catch ! I remember this rumor also !

BREAKING NEWS: dtp publishing Divinity 2 !!!

BREAKING NEWS:

Btw, Kitiara, the author of the original posting just confirmed to us in that same thread what we already had as a rumor a while ago:

As mentioned in the German PC Games preview that is the source of it all, according to her it says that the publisher of "Divinity 2: Ego Drakonis" will be the same one as for knocking-on-the-door "Drakensang":
German based dtp (digital tainment pool) !

Ragon

P.S.: Now what´s left is s.o. checking the official line-up for August´s GC in Leipzig, Germany, whether it would list D2-ED.;)
And if not, then still hope for some `inofficial line-up´...:biggrin:

BREAKING NEWS:

Btw, Kitiara, the author of the original posting just confirmed to us in that same thread what we already had as a rumor a while ago:

As mentioned in the German PC Games preview that is the source of it all, according to her it says that the publisher of "Divinity 2: Ego Drakonis" will be the same one as for knocking-on-the-door "Drakensang":
German based dtp (digital tainment pool) !

Ragon
Let me correct you here. There was no rumor. I remember quite clearly that Mythos and I didn´t leave much doubt that we already knew it, although we didn´t have a quotable source. So the point isn´t that it was "a rumor" but rather that the Larian community didn´t want to hear it. You guys had the info 11 months ago.

Here´s a big fat well-deserved "We told you so!" :lol::p:greengrin::gorath:

although we didn´t have a quotable source.

I believe that's the point.

I think, without a quotable source, it should still be called a "rumor".

What's the best source worth if it isn't quotable and provable ?

Ha, what is making you so optimistic about that one!?

I´d rather say waaaaaiiit a minute! :police:

Because that is the way game marketing usually works. ;) You have an official "unveiling" via an exclusive magazine deal just before a major trade show. This is how most of the games work at E3 these days - noone announces during E3 anymore. Look at Dragon Age, Alpha Protocol, NWN2: Storm of Zehir etc etc.

Let me correct you here. There was no rumor. I remember quite clearly that Mythos and I didn´t leave much doubt that we already knew it, although we didn´t have a quotable source. So the point isn´t that it was "a rumor" but rather that the Larian community didn´t want to hear it. You guys had the info 11 months ago.

Here´s a big fat well-deserved "We told you so!"

BAH!
Don´t come p***ng on my gate here.

This one time olde Al is 100% correct:
No evidence - no fact!
No fact - no "told you so"!

What´s been there?
Just a few barren lines in a bigger press release on golem.de that dtp had signed some Belgian studio for developing an RPG.
Do you know the whole Belgian market and its players?
Could have been anyone.
:ignore:

Bragger! :p

P.S.: Another question:
Why didn´t you make it an official news bit here back then!?
Seems not only the Larian community wasn´t listening to you... or trusting in your speculations. :cool:

Because that is the way game marketing usually works. You have an official "unveiling" via an exclusive magazine deal just before a major trade show.

Erm, yes ... theoretically.
If there would be something like a "marketing" for "Divinity 2".
Seen any lately... or rather at all?
I only saw a big bad black whole of information for several years.

I´m not sure whether the mentioned preview now would qualify as real "unveiling".
And it remains to be seen if the Larians come up with the "exclusive magazine deal" later today, when they (hopefully) start their big apologize run in the community.
:cool:

Ragon, the Mage

Because that is the way game marketing usually works. ;) You have an official "unveiling" via an exclusive magazine deal just before a major trade show. This is how most of the games work at E3 these days - noone announces during E3 anymore. Look at Dragon Age, Alpha Protocol, NWN2: Storm of Zehir etc etc.

Exactly. It allows the publisher to use the same material twice. First the mag gets to see it in advance and then it´s used at the show.

This time Larian could have gotten into trouble with their co-publisher if they had announced the preview in advance because it was really meant as an exclusive and a surprise.

I think, without a quotable source, it should still be called a "rumor".

What's the best source worth if it isn't quotable and provable ?

In front of a court? A bit but not much.
It´s more than sufficient for a little between the lines hints about what´s going on. A hard source doesn´t lose its validity only because we can´t quote it.

Back
Top Bottom