RPGWatch - Summer is Coming and Brings Keys

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Summer is coming and just in case you are bored in that time we will organize a game key giveaway again somewhere this month in which you could win a key and have something to play. Although it also just might increase your backlog :)

We have some keys for this, but for those amongst you who have some keys left and would like to contribute them to this giveaway, please send me a PM with the name of the game(s) you have an unused key for. You can also send me the keys, in which case I will take care of the distribution, otherwise you can take care of that yourself.

As usual participation in the giveaway, which remains to be scheduled, is limited to registered users only and in this case to all registered users who registered before today, the first of June 2017.

More information.

We are scheduling only one giveaway, so if you do have keys left that you are not going to use anyway, feel free to send them to me.
If you happen to stumble upon some keys after this giveaway started, don't worry. I'm sure in due time winter is coming :)

Oh right... For the other half of the Earth this is the 'Winter is Coming' key giveaway :)

Good stuff, good stuff.

? Did you travel overseas during NZ/Aus summer or was NZ cold all year around?

Didn't travel and NZ was cold up and down the country. A shame really because you need some sun but I'm odd and prefer the cold to a humid day anyways, just not so much of it.

Sure, just PMed you some of my extra copies. Been a while since I've looked at them, so hopefully I didn't send anything I already gave away, but I think they should all be good.

Edit: Oops, turns out I did give one away already. Sent a second PM to confirm which one to remove. Others should still be good.

I was just looking through my gog library and thinking it could do with a clean out. Instead of just deleting them from my library, how would I go about giving them away to this event?

Where do I find the key numbers and how would the process work generally?

I was just looking through my gog library and thinking it could do with a clean out. Instead of just deleting them from my library, how would I go about giving them away to this event?

Where do I find the key numbers and how would the process work generally?

If you already activated the games/keys, so they show up in your library on Steam/GOG/ etc. you will not be able to give them away again. That's the beauty of digital distribution for you...

I have set aside a bunch of RPG-related Steam keys.
Will send you a PM with them, Myrthos.

How on earth are people getting 'keys' then? As soon as I pay for a game it automatically appears in my library.

How on earth are people getting 'keys' then? As soon as I pay for a game it automatically appears in my library.

There's a reason they're called keys :) They're used to unlock games.

You can buy Steam/GoG/whatever keys from a large number of retailers and resellers- and you often get bonus keys when you buy hardware and other stuff. Also, there are competitions where you can win keys - and there are promotional keys as well.

What DArt said and then there are the bundles people buy, just to get that one game and don't have a need for the other games in that bundle. As long as they are not activated or redeemed they can be given to others.

Also, when you back Kickstarters you often get multiple keys you don't need, and/or bonus keys for games you might already own. As an example, when I backed D:OS I got at least 4 keys for it, plus keys to other Larian games too.

Or you could buy them just for the Watch's giveaways. Send you a PM soon, Mythos. :p

I have to say, buying keys sounds a lot more preferable to buying direct from the site. What is the best key selling site? As in most respectable.

Back
Top Bottom