Gothic Banish the Sleeper without killing the demons

locutus

Watcher
I just finished Gothic again. Maybe this has been posted before…or not. You know how there's 5 orc hearts you have to pierce and after piercing each one a demon appears? As a mage, I lead them to the right end of the hall behind the big room and kill them there. It's the easiest way. You can actually banish the Sleeper without killing any of them. Take a 5 min speed potion before starting this. Run to the first shrine and pierce the heart. Then run to second shrine and pierce the heart before the demon attacks. You won't be able to make it to a 3rd shrine so run with 2 demons chasing you. Lead them out into the hallway behind the big room, run back in and pierce another heart. Repeat for 4th heart. Now you'll have 4 demons chasing you. Lead them out into the hall again, run back in and pierce the 5th heart. There was no point to this. The extra running makes it take longer. It was just a "I wonder if that would work?" kind of thing so I tried it. Taking on 2 at a time, if you're a mage, makes sense, though. Lead them out into the hall, turn right, jump over the gap in the floor, and kill them there. It's easy and saves some time.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to kill Mud? I've tried everything...swords, spells, pushing him off the cliff...nothing works against him.

The AI/pathfinding is pretty dumb. I got rid of him by gaining some distance between him and me and then running over a bridge and doing a sharp turn after crossing it. Mud will also do that same turn and try to reach your position in a straight bee line which will lead to his untimely death by falling off the bridge.

Take a 5 min speed potion before starting this. Run to the first shrine and pierce the heart. Then run to second shrine and pierce the heart before the demon attacks. You won't be able to make it to a 3rd shrine so run with 2 demons chasing you. Lead them out into the hallway behind the big room, run back in and pierce another heart. Repeat for 4th heart. Now you'll have 4 demons chasing you. Lead them out into the hall again, run back in and pierce the 5th heart. There was no point to this. The extra running makes it take longer. It was just a "I wonder if that would work?" kind of thing so I tried it.

Why does this keep running through my head as I read your post? :)

The easiest way to deal with the demons is to run behind them just as the Sleeper is about to shoot, and let the Sleeper shoot the demons in the face. If the Sleeper hits the demons before you do, the demons will attack the Sleeper, so you can deal with the shrines without any hassle.

Back
Top Bottom