KotOR - Remake Coming to PC?

Idk.. Jedi: Fallen Order showed that a SW soulslike can be pretty good. :)

Except it isn't a souls like game...more like an uncharted starwars game.

It had soulslike features. I previously described it as cross between a soulslike and a metroidvania, and I still think that's probably the most accurate description.

Like?? I'm really struggling to see souls like features....to me it played like a naughty dog game but starwars.

Lets just say it's a well known woman who caused a few online controversies and really hasn't done much. I'm willing to give her a chance but we'll see with the final product.

Her name is Sam Maggs.

Link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Maggs

Despite what the Twitter account Stingray linked says, I don't think anyone is "re-writing" Kotor. From what I can tell it's going to be 95%+ the same game from a plot, characters, writing perspective.

Despite what the Twitter account Stingray linked says, I don't think anyone is "re-writing" Kotor. From what I can tell it's going to be 95%+ the same game from a plot, characters, writing perspective.
It's a full remake and to early to tell so we'll see.:)

Two articles I read are calling it a re-boot.

Like?? I'm really struggling to see souls like features...to me it played like a naughty dog game but starwars.

Seriously?

Checkpoints that reset the world when you rest.
Dying causes you to lose XP and return to where you died to reacquire them.
Stamina-based combat system with a heavy emphasis on dodging and/or blocking.

Not sure how you can miss things like that.

This interview makes it sound like they're essentially starting from scratch:

https://www.starwars.com/news/knights-of-the-old-republic-remake
Thanks after that interview it's looking more like a re-boot with the same characters again. That means everything else might and can be different from the original.

The story still has to follow cannon though but they can change things up a little.
“There’s a lot to build on this one, so we’ve been having a lot of great conversations on how to build what we’re doing, what are the pillars of the game, and coming up with all of that together,” Treadwell says. And there’s a specific reason that Aspyr and Lucasfilm are taking their time in these early stages, and having those conversations.

Remakes in any medium can be a dicey proposition. Change too much and you can ruin the magic; change too little and what’s the point? Then there’s the weight of fan expectation. Kellogg and Treadwell, as fans themselves, understand all of this completely and have it top of mind.

“This is something that is important and impactful,” says Treadwell. “Our big goals on this are to bring the story to a modern audience and have it be just as impactful today as it was for players when it originally launched.”

“We’ve been working really, really closely with Aspyr for a long time now to deconstruct what made KOTOR so great and bring that back to new audiences, because we want this game to be an incredible RPG,” says Kellogg. “We want this game to be just as beloved as it was before. Some of my favorite meetings to have in my week right now are to get into the nitty gritty with Aspyr and talk about, ‘Why did we make that choice in the original game and how does that play today? How do we expand that choice and make it even more meaningful and impactful?’ We think about, literally, every word of dialogue and [other choices] down to the clothes that the character is wearing.”

It also had some limitations because of that. That's probably his concern. As good as KotOR was, I always wondered how much better it could have been if it wasn't designed to run on the original Xbox.

Luckily, today's console games aren't as limited.

Back in the day I was wondering what Kotor could of been if it had been more like Baldur's Gate. Just in terms of breadth of content and deeper more fun systems it would of been very cool.

Back in the day I was wondering what Kotor could of been if it had been more like Baldur's Gate. Just in terms of breadth of content and deeper more fun systems it would of been very cool.
Thought I was the only one back then. Ah… a StarWars RPG made with the infinity engine would of been a dream game. Nowadays the Unity Engine would be perfect.

To bad Disney and Lucas will never fund such a game. Because it wouldn't sell millions.:(

Thought I was the only one back then. Ah… a StarWars RPG made with the infinity engine would of been a dream game. Nowadays the Unity Engine would be perfect.

To bad Disney and Lucas will never fund such a game. Because it wouldn't sell millions.:(

Too true. Even if they did make such a game the writing and characters would probably be largely pathetic and irrelevant.

I'm extremely hyped for this! I watched the showcase live and when I saw the Sith with the lightsaber step from the darkness I got goosebumps.

I obviously prefer a PC release, but I already own a PS5 and I very much look forward to get the most out of it too, so either works for me.

Horizon Forbidden West looked really amazing too, so did Shift-up, even though it's probably not my type of game.

Well got some bad news to share.:cry:

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Remake is Reportedly Indefinitely Delayed
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake, which was announced to be in development by the Austin, Texas-based Aspyr Media last September, is indefinitely delayed according to a report from Jason Schreier at Bloomberg. The report states that this comes after two directors on the project were let go, following a poor review of an internal demo late last month. Additionally, it's claimed that development has been paused as the studio determines how best to proceed with the project.

Back
Top Bottom