Wartales - Roadmap

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted the roadmap for the Early Access title Wartales:

Wartales Roadmap Update!

Check out what's in store for the future of Wartales...
With the release of our second community update earlier this week, our sights are now firmly set on Wartales' first content update that will introduce Harag's Marshlands, alongside a plethora of other additions and we have outlined our plans for what we will be bringing to the game in Content Update #2 and beyond, including more regions, level cap increases, Chinese language support and more!

So, with that, we have now updated our roadmap to reflect what's planned for the next 2 content updates (Community Updates will be released in between these updates, based on the feedback receieved after release) and give you all a glimpse into what to expect even further down the line.

Check out the updated roadmap below...

[...]

More information.

I'm glad I picked this up. If the Dev's keep close to the roadmap it will be one hell of a game, its already 90% positive on steam.

Been reading both negative and good reviews of the Demo.

Hope the released version is not to buggy and more improved.

I'm glad I picked this up. If the Dev's keep close to the roadmap it will be one hell of a game, its already 90% positive on steam.

Is there level scaling with enemies? I think I read about this.
Would be a bummer since I am very looking forward to this game.

It's a pretty cool game based on the demo I played. I got so many demo, beta, early access, etc, games trying to hold off a bit to focus on released games before I play it more.

Yeah I haven't played WarEarlyTalesAccess of incompleteness yet.

I was really looking forward to this one too and decided to buy into the EA. I’ve spent a few hours with it and it is fun and seems pretty solid. It’s definitely an EA title though and the world seems a little empty. Mission and enemy variety also needs some expansion. I started getting a little bored with it and decided to stop playing until more features are added. I’m glad to see their roadmap and think this game has amazing potential. But I’d probably recommend holding off for a little longer.

You can play with or without lvl scaling.

Yeah but…
Lvl on a 1:1 scale which this game has by default sux and just NO lvl scaling (optional) also sux.
I mean you should introduce some form of increasing difficulty in the gameworld in some alternative way, personally i like games where in the world some areas and/or enemies are just strong and some are weak. The world itself should have some variety.
Giving me the option to just turning off a bad scaling isn't a real solution.

Yeah but…
Lvl on a 1:1 scale which this game has by default sux and just NO lvl scaling (optional) also sux.
I mean you should introduce some form of increasing difficulty in the gameworld in some alternative way, personally i like games where in the world some areas and/or enemies are just strong and some are weak. The world itself should have some variety.
Giving me the option to just turning off a bad scaling isn't a real solution.

:thumbsup:
Yup, that sums it up!

It is always best to have areas with different difficulty, so everybody can chose for themselves how for they go in the direction of risk vs reward.

Not sure how the "no Level scaling" doesn't exactly give you this.

game wasn't designed like that. Game was designed with flat scaling in mind so i doubt that by just picking no scaling the way the world is generated changes.
But i didn't play the game so you can prove me wrong on this point.

game wasn't designed like that. Game was designed with flat scaling in mind so i doubt that by just picking no scaling the way the world is generated changes.
But i didn't play the game so you can prove me wrong on this point.

Well, I think I would try it, first. If done well, I think it can works just the way you described.

Yeah, no level scaling doesn't really work with random generation.

Good thing the game isn't exactly randomly generated :)

In other words, all the things that have nothing to do with level scaling. ;)

Well, mobs placements certainly aren't random. The bandits / boars / wolves in the first province are configured to appear at selected places. So I'm really not sure what's the problem with setting their levels....

That's what they did with the random encounters of basically every games. M&M, FF, even the random encounters in BG when you travel around.

Well, mobs placements certainly aren't random. The bandits / boars / wolves in the first province are configured to appear at selected places. So I'm really not sure what's the problem with setting their levels….

That's what they did with the random encounters of basically every games. M&M, FF, even the random encounters in BG when you travel around.

Maybe something has changed since I played the demo, but the mobs seemed random to me.

And I don't think that's how it's done in "basically every game". I think it depends on the game. As for the games you mention, BG only had a small handful of different random encounters, and the encounters in FF are a limited range that's tied to each location, plus most FF games are so linear it wouldn't matter anyways.

*Edit* Ok, I asked on the Steam forum if the mobs are random, and the reply I got was that some mobs are set, some are created when you accept a bounty, and some are random. So there are apparently both hand-placed and random mobs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom