DA:O Spoiler alert - don't read unless you've finnished the game

Dragon Age: Origins

Thiraury

Sentinel
Is there any way to keep Morrigan in the party if you deny her the baby? My whole party is built around her crowd control so it's "a tad" annoying that it doesn't seem possible to keep her withouth agreeing to get her pregnant. My character doesn't believe in making babies for any other reason then to build a family around them, and putting a child through what she proposes is just not my characters cup o tea.

This really sucks because I've played with her the entire game together with Wynne and leliana and my warrior. Before I got Wynne I had alistair in there too, this party however wasn't as effective at all as the one with two mages. It was actually on the border of becoming boringly difficult.

Keep in mind that I haven't played much further after the battle starts so if there are no more group battles in the game I should be fine, but, if there is alot of content left in the game with requires a party then I would very much like to have her in my group.

If you deny her the baby altogether, she always leaves.
For your scrupulous character it´s probably not an option anyway, but you can also convince Alistair to do it.
I suspect the ending events around Morrigan will play some role in the sequel which is why the game is somewhat uncompromising here.

Obviously it sucks from the gameplay perspective since unless one plays a mage, she´s very likely to be a crucial member of the party.
That said, even though there´s quite a lot of group battles during the ending sequences, they´re also rather substantially easier than similar battles from before - most of the mobs are low level, plus you have quite a number of allies at your disposal.
With Wynne in your final party setup you should be ok.
Just beware of the mage allies, heh.

Last edited:
I had a conversation with Alistair about that and it was alot of fun. :D

Alistair: So it comes down to either dying to the archdemon or getting layed with Morrigan, hmmm tough choice!

But in the end I couldn't force him to do it so I went ahead and finnished the game withouth Morrigan and yes, the ending fights were alot easier then previous fights. Still, abit boring that I couldn't finnish the game with my main group. Overall it was a good game altho I did expect more from it.

Good parts:
Combat!
Some of the characters, Morrigan was a great character except for the "dissing my party" part! Alistair was also great as were Wynne and that drunken dwarf whos name I forgot.
The political side of the story was interesting as were the origins.

Bad parts:
The overall story had a big dejavu feeling to it. Also, I don't like to know what will happen during the entire game after the first few hours of playing. Stop the blight and killing the archdemon by getting your army ready was set in stone from the start. I much prefer Planescapes way of telling a story, where things reveal themselves by hand, not everything in one big swoop.
Abit more freedom couldn't hurt either. :(

Well thats all I can think of right now..

Alistair: So it comes down to either dying to the archdemon or getting layed with Morrigan, hmmm tough choice!

Sex scenes were quite badly done in DA, e.g seeing the cringe-worthy scene of Morrigan bedding my dwarf. No wonder Alistair refused...

I loved the whole game end to finish ...but have to agree a bit more mystery would have been nice in regards to the major plot. Still there were some nice plots involved overall.

I will be curious if they will tie in the cliffhangers from the book (The Calling), in regards to some characters left on the run, and the plot hooks left in the end of the game ... even though with so many different endings that might be difficult.

Sex scenes were quite badly done in DA, e.g seeing the cringe-worthy scene of Morrigan bedding my dwarf. No wonder Alistair refused…

I actually never went through a sex scene, sounds like I didn't miss much. :)

I tried to romance leliana though but I never got that far with her for some reason. Had 100% liking and did all her quests and tried every dialouge option and still no romance options.

Morrigan on the other hand, whom I didn't even try to romance, came with the bedding offer quite early in the game one time in camp.

This is freakishly close to two relations I have in real life. Women are weird! :(

Just ended the game last night, it toke me 94 hours, but that include The Stone Prison and Wardens Keep, and it’s the best game I have played this year, but I will agree, as far as the story and the ending goes, The Witcher made me drop my jaw in surprise then it all came together, Dragon Age was more like reading an familiar book, familiar yes, but still a good book.

I plan to take a second play through, but want to finish Boarderlands(PC) and Demon Soul (PS3) first, before I do it.

I tried to romance leliana though but I never got that far with her for some reason. Had 100% liking and did all her quests and tried every dialouge option and still no romance options.

Morrigan on the other hand, whom I didn't even try to romance, came with the bedding offer quite early in the game one time in camp.

This is freakishly close to two relations I have in real life. Women are weird! :(

Waird, the same thing happen to me, and it was Leliana I was going after, since I Played as "Good", I and Morrigan was not my cup of tea, but then she invited me in the tent, I cut not say no… being a male etc.

I will be curious if they will tie in the cliffhangers from the book (The Calling), in regards to some characters left on the run, and the plot hooks left in the end of the game … even though with so many different endings that might be difficult.

Yes, one did not to be a genius to know that Alistair was a “bastard” prince, his age was just right, but one thing that did not match up was his “mother”, there was no way she was a serving girl at Redcliff, as she is an mage and grey warden, but that mother he remember, can of cause be a stand in.

Yes, one did not to be a genius to know that Alistair was a “bastard” prince, his age was just right, but one thing that did not match up was his “mother”, there was no way she was a serving girl at Redcliff, as she is an mage and grey warden, but that mother he remember, can of cause be a stand in.

If you read the book again you se that his mother askes Duncan to tell Alistair that his mother is a dead human

Ahh did fail to notice that :)

By the way, how did King Maric end his day? It dont say that in the Novels, nor is it mention in the game (maybe it is, but I did not read all of the codex)?

Well I certainly had some plot twists I didn't expect. When Morrigan wanted to get pregnant, it was Logain waiting in bed for her.

I *loved* that decision, though! When she asked, I went through every single dialog option then left the screen just sitting there while I thought about it. Hmmm… arch demon lives on… hmmm… free of the taint, so maybe not a demon at all… hmm… Flemmeth's idea… hmm… but did Flemmeth really do bad things to me until I pushed her? hmmm…. elder god… hmmm… need to show that I trust my friends… hmmm… having a child specifically to house this spirit is kinda like having a child just for spare body parts - only this time it's the entire body and not just a kidney… hmm…. King Arthur? Or more like Modred? Is she Merlin or Morgause? Hmmm....

In the end, I decided my character wasn't really all that pleased with the Maker and the Chantry, so she would let one of the "old gods" have a shot at dietyhood again.

Well fore me it was: Save my life AND get laid!?! (I was prety sure at that point that the other Grey Wardens would fail, and it some how enden up whit me, pick the short straw, and I relly did not looked forward to see another Fallout 3 ending)

I wonder if BioWare will publish stats of how many people got which endings and achievements?

For the final onslaught: Can I take Shale rather than Alistair with me to the marketplace battle and the alienage battle before we go to the final battle at mount Drakon?

Oh! Btw..... who the heck is Jaden?

Back
Top Bottom