Witcher - Free to all Galaxy Users

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GOG is offering The Witcher: Enhanced Edition free to all those who use their Galaxy launcher.

Starting today, all GOG GALAXY users can claim a FREE GOG copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut, if they decide to stay in touch with us.

How? Download or update your GOG GALAXY application. Go to the "Recent" view and check the banner at the top. Click the giveaway button if you agree to receive news, updates, and GOG offers. After a while, the game will show up in your games library inside the application and in your GOG.COM collection.
More information.

Hm. To receive GOG offers, eh? I'll pass on that one, but it's a light and nice platform, if sometimes a bit unstable with the update process.

I'm definitely staying with them, just on my own terms :) And except when the publishers don't make their EA or beta available there.

Yeah, I don't use that galaxy thingie, whatever it is. I just use their normal download process, which works just fine for me. Sometimes change is more insidious than it initially appears.

Hm. To receive GOG offers, eh? I'll pass on that one, but it's a light and nice platform, if sometimes a bit unstable with the update process.

I'm definitely staying with them, just on my own terms :) And except when the publishers don't make their EA or beta available there.

You can probably just sign up to get the game and then opt out at any time.

@Carnifex; Yes, it can be insidious, look what Steam has become. For now I'm fine with it, and it reminds me how much time I've played. Sometimes it's necessary, just to get that in check.
You can probably just sign up to get the game and then opt out at any time.
I might, just to see whether they remove it from the list when one opts out ;)

One method to see whether it can be played without the Galaxy Launcher would be to see whether it adds to the non-Galaxy Library,too ... I guess.

Yeah Redglyph, I'm sure most people would laugh at the precautions I take before I begin playing a game on steam. And that I cannot take the same precautions when playing EQ or Pantheon keeps me up at nights, sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom