The TV Series discussion thread

The Thrones episode last night was a bit slower than the previous ones, but if that turns out not to be Arya that got poked, I'll forgive them. The way she was just wandering around on that bridge made it look to me like she was trying to lure out anyone that might be looking for her, and if I'm wrong she deserves death for being so dumb. I've wondered for a while if this whole test isn't actually for the other girl, and if so, she failed. Big time.

Really if you want to know what I think is happening. Is they are dragging it out so they can get caught up in the script.

As for Arya, I think it is some sort of of set up.

I didn't think last night's episode was bad at all. I was glad to see Clegane still alive as I've always liked that character, and I think it'll be interesting to see where they go with him.

Also, hearing Theon's sister say "I'm gonna f*ck the titties off that bitch" made the entire episode worth watching regardless. ;)

Well, I think game of thrones, has become really TVfied now! I just hate it when people arrive in just the right second. If there was any ounce of realism such a things would not happen.

Ok, let's break down the door and kill Sir Davos… TATA wildling cavalary arrives.
Sansa just got caught by Ramsay's goons, TATA Brien arrives.
Bran is about to get caught by white walkers, TATA long thought dead uncle or whatever appear.

It just goes on and on like that, ridicules.

@JDR13
I was glad to see Clegane still alive as I've always liked that character, and I think it'll be interesting to see where they go with him.
That's the third cheap "resurrection" in GoT. The first was bad enough, the second was cringe-worthy, and I really hoped they'd stop at that. How am I supposed to take this show seriously if it revives its characters freely? Why not bring back Rob Stark while we're at it, the Red Woman could do that.

Also, hearing Theon's sister say "I'm gonna f*ck the titties off that bitch" made the entire episode worth watching regardless. ;)
To me that sounded horrible, like she was trying hard to copy some crude man. A woman would say something else, unless she had a dildo in her pocket, and it would probably include licking or something along these lines.

Last edited:
Please remember to use spoiler tags, everyone.

I have a theory that Arya is actually both girls, at least in one of my theories as to what is actually going on. No real facts to base it on other than the few interactions both seem to have with ordinary citizens, but in my head it would explain a great many things.

That's the third cheap "resurrection" in GoT. The first was bad enough, the second was cringe-worthy, and I really hoped they'd stop at that. How am I supposed to take this show seriously if it revives its characters freely? Why not bring back Rob Stark while we're at it, the Red Woman could do that.

Huh? Clegane was never dead, and there was a scene where they talked about how he got there.

I think one problem with Hound's return is that they didn't show us how Ian McShane's character found him and how Hound pulled through from almost certain death. It would have made an intresting episode or two to see that… And such a shame, because I'd have liked to see more Ian Mcshane as well.

It begins to show how much stuff they have to cram in each episode. I think GoT would benefit a lot from a longer season. 13-15 episodes would be the ideal lenght. Now we're just cruising through character arcs.

Last edited:
I think one problem with Hound's return is that they didn't show us how Ian McShane's character found him and how Hound pulled through from almost certain death. It would have made an intresting episode or two to see that… And such a shame, because I'd have liked to see more Ian Mcshane as well.

It begins to show how much stuff they have to cram in each episode. I think GoT would benefit a lot from a longer season. 13-15 episodes would be the ideal lenght. Now we're just cruising through chracter arcs.

I think that's on purpose, they show the main story, and if you want to know more on the side stuff, read the future books.

I think that's on purpose, they show the main story, and if you want to know more on the side stuff, read the future books.

Except the books and the TV Series are two different stories, so reading the books doesn't help.

I watched

Marco Polo
The Last Kingdom
The 100

recently - I can recommend these 3 series.

I also just recently finished the first 2 season of The 100 and it's definitely different but very enjoyable. If you can get past the teen angstyness at first it's pretty fun and surprisingly brutal. Sort of a weird mix of post apocalypse/teen angst/Game of Thrones brutality mixed together.

Why? Most likely shouldn't be poking around in this sort of thread if you are not up to date on the last show.

It just seems like a considerate thing to do, to use spoiler tags. Not everyone will have seen the latest episodes of shows, and not everyone will have played through the latest games. I'm always way behind with both, and I don't watch TV very much.

I like to read this thread, to see what recommendations people are making about things that are worth watching. It's a bit of a shame if we have to assume that everything we read about may also be spoiled. I also read the threads about movies and books people have read, and I would be a bit disappointed if everyone included spoilers there.

Back
Top Bottom