Kingdom Come - A Blacksmith's Tale

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Kingdom Come: Deliverance has a new video which gives some background on Henry.

Thrown by tragic events into the middle of a bloody war, Henry, a simple blacksmith’s son, must become a soldier, avenge the death of his parents and build a new life in a ravaged world.
More information.

I cannot wait! I am so looking forward to this game. The historical accuracy and the combat system will hopefully translate well!

I remember running into a simple fisherman....

:)

I cannot wait! I am so looking forward to this game. The historical accuracy and the combat system will hopefully translate well!

I just hope the combat isn't too complicated. I don't like that in real time games. Everything else looks fantastic.

Such an exciting time to be a gamer. To be able to play a true historic open world rpg… Who could have known? It has always been a custom that medieval rpgs must have fantasy elements. Not any more. Releasing the game of this scale and authenticity is a grand achievement.

Such an exciting time to be a gamer. To be able to play a true historic open world rpg… Who could have known? It has always been a custom that medieval rpgs must have fantasy elements. Not any more. Releasing the game of this scale and authenticity is a grand achievement.

And it only took 30 years! amazing :D

Seriously though, it is pretty sad how few pure historical games there are, and pretty much no RPGs. I really hope this one suceeds so that we can get hussite wars sequels and maybe even more RPGs like this, with no scifi or fantasy gimmick.

It took 30 years because no one wants to have his character to die of an infection several weeks after receiving a sword hit. That is why you get magical stuff in the games, for the healing, curing, traveling. And it also adds some nice plot ideas sometimes.

I am curious to see how they manage to have a guy jumping in the middle of sword fights "realistically" and how that guy recovers "authentically".

It took 30 years because no one wants to have his character to die of an infection several weeks after receiving a sword hit. That is why you get magical stuff in the games, for the healing, curing, traveling. And it also adds some nice plot ideas sometimes.

I am curious to see how they manage to have a guy jumping in the middle of sword fights "realistically" and how that guy recovers "authentically".

You know, there is such a thing as healthy balance. We are talking about games here, not simulators. The problem is that nobody even attempted historical RPG like this before, it doesn't have to simulate literally every aspect of reality to be valid.

When I wrote about "fantasy" elements, I meant concepts such as mages & spells, magical creatures, enchanted weapons, dragons etc. We have never seen an open world rpg without having these kind of themes and concepts present. Does it always have to be fantasy? Isn't there room for other kind of rpgs? To me this game needs no magic to feel magical.

Besides it is not possible or viable to aim for perfect realism and I think this has never been their objective. Rather I think the purpose of this game was to recreate medieval bohemia as it was during the early 15th century while being a fun videogame to play. I hope that they've succeeded in this.

Not been enough open world historical RPGs that is for sure. Darklands....any others?

Not been enough open world historical RPGs that is for sure. Darklands….any others?

And even Darklands had fantasy elements if I remember correctly. But nope, no others as far as I know :(

When I wrote about "fantasy" elements, I meant concepts such as mages & spells, magical creatures, enchanted weapons, dragons etc. We have never seen an open world rpg without having these kind of themes and concepts present. Does it always have to be fantasy? Isn't there room for other kind of rpgs? To me this game needs no magic to feel magical.

Besides it is not possible or viable to aim for perfect realism and I think this has never been their objective. Rather I think the purpose of this game was to recreate medieval bohemia as it was during the early 15th century while being a fun videogame to play. I hope that they've succeeded in this.

Glad someone gets it :)

I can tell you right now that this game will not be bashed because of lack of fantasy elements, it will be bashed because of lack of non white, non straight people.. even with it being correct for that place in the world in that time of the world.

There were no gay people in the 15th century? I hope the game is modded so I can play a black lesbian samurai warrior :) Sorry just having some fun since we went off topic.

Glad someone gets it :)

You are the one who does not get it.

I am saying "I am curious to see how they manage to have a guy jumping in the middle of sword fights "realistically" and how that guy recovers "authentically"."

Because it is difficult to find the right balance between being hurt at that time in this kind of setting and the fun a game must have. I really hope they can nail it.

If someone can walk after one hour to have receive an injury it may break some kind of immersion if it is not done right.

Fantasy elements do not matter since most of the time monsters are just a question of dressing pixels differently and magic just an excuse to introduce flamethrowers into a game. If a non fantasy game is interesting and makes the most of its settings it doesn't need elves.

As for the controversy surrounding the absence of persons of colour that's simply because some people can't get away from issues that are linked to certain places. Bohemia was never a melting pot like the US or the Middle East, especially if you consider that the game is set in a rural area that cover 16 square kilometres. I don't think it's appropriate to expect African or Asian characters in such a setting. With that being said I would be disappointed if there was no mention of minorities like Jews or Gypsies.

There were no gay people in the 15th century? I hope the game is modded so I can play a black lesbian samurai warrior :) Sorry just having some fun since we went off topic.
Oh I am sure there were but if someone found out they would have been burned at a stake or something. Sodomy was a mortal sin or something.

It would be very unrealistic to make NPCs that casually show they are gay like it does not matter in that setting.

I just hope it's moddable enough so that someone adds fantasy elements :)

Back
Top Bottom