Witcher 3 CD Projekt Red Might be Fighting a Hostile Takeover

The Witcher 3
D

Deleted member 18181

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/cd-projekt-red-witcher-dev-might-fighting-hostile-takeover/

The news has been compiled very well on Reddit, with official sources mostly coming in Polish, as the studio is based out of Poland. The events that have led to this current rumor is that CD Projekt Red is currently calling a nearly unprecedented emergency meeting of stockholders. The agenda for this meeting gives hints that the studio is currently fighting against someone trying to buy up enough stock to take over control.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/cd-projekt-red-witcher-dev-might-fighting-hostile-takeover/

The news has been compiled very well on Reddit, with official sources mostly coming in Polish, as the studio is based out of Poland. The events that have led to this current rumor is that CD Projekt Red is currently calling a nearly unprecedented emergency meeting of stockholders. The agenda for this meeting gives hints that the studio is currently fighting against someone trying to buy up enough stock to take over control.

What a terrible media spin. Poor EA only wants what is best for the studio and the people. They are here for the little guy, here for you. I can't believe how a few media warmongers try and spin this!

Eh as bad as I want to curse the unknown buyer I can't, as this is how the business industry works. Also CDPR wouldn't be the first company to be taken over.

This is why we can't have nice things.

If they didn't want to face an hostile takeovers, they (owners) should have kept enough voting shares to assure themselves "majority control" over the company.

If it is EA or ubi, I'm officially done. Maybe it's someone from the classic days that did gold box, wizardry series, or something like those. Not likely, though. -xxxx

If they didn't want to face an hostile takeovers, they (owners) should have kept enough voting shares to assure themselves "majority control" over the company.

Easier said than done.
Assuming Class 1 (or Class A, or Dominate Voting) shares.
If the (owners) retain a clear majority, the input of the shareholders is diminished and the perceived value of the shares are affected. Large shareholders want to feel they have some control over the direction of the company and if the (owners) hold too many voting shares that feeling of direction from shareholders is lost.

Its a fine line of balance between luring investors and retaining control.

If it is EA or ubi, I'm officially done. Maybe it's someone from the classic days that did gold box, wizardry series, or something like those. Not likely, though. -xxxx

Unrelated:
Apparently there is rumors of a hostile takeover of Ubisoft from Vivendi... how bad could that be :)

It's not EA, they have Bioware already and don't need another RPG developer. In some perfect future Bioware would exit EA and merge with CDpr, but that won't happen.

I would suspect Ubi next, but what Wisdom says is not rumors, Ubi is fighting hostile takeover attempt by Vivendi and makes no sense these days Ubi'd push it themselves.

My best guess is BigPoint. If I'm right and they succeed, Cyberpunk2077 will be scrapped then remade as Travian2.

Can't public do anything about this...like massively buying shares and then selling them back to CDPR, if that makes sense. Few years from now, I'll probably be a billionaire so this wouldn't be a problem.
I doubt Polish people would stand by and watch this...if I get it right, CDPR has a sort of national pride thing going for it. ( Or is it Cinderella man kind of thing?)
Wonder what's the reaction there to this.

Can't public do anything about this…like massively buying shares and then selling them back to CDPR, if that makes sense. Few years from now, I'll probably be a billionaire so this wouldn't be a problem.
I doubt Polish people would stand by and watch this…if I get it right, CDPR has a sort of national pride thing going for it. ( Or is it Cinderella man kind of thing?)
Wonder what's the reaction there to this.

The public mostly likes to complain and hope someone else does something about it.

What the crystal ball shows if EA takes over CDP:

- Battlefield: Witcher XX (annual franchise)
- Cyberpunk 2077 - console exclusive
- GoG no more - here comes Origin (no DRM Free)

EA at its best again - killing innovation and fairness!

Looking at their 5 year stock their shareholders have nothing to complain about.
Also interesting to note their Q3 quarter financial results are due November 9th. Maybe something drastic happened?

Attachments

• 2elh9av.jpg
    2elh9av.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Ok, just looked it up.
Founders and board members only hold 35% of the directing shares.
The remainder is 60% free float and 5% institution investors.

Heres a link to the investor sheet with names and %
Its a PDF, the link is safe.
http://docdro.id/UEVZS80

Basically means that someone could indeed buy enough shares for a hostile takeover. Interesting. If that happens, I'm downloading all my GOG games and putting the DRM free install files on my NAS, just for the sake of it..

Basically means that someone could indeed buy enough shares for a hostile takeover. Interesting. If that happens, I'm downloading all my GOG games and putting the DRM free install files on my NAS, just for the sake of it..

I am doing the same too! However 99% of all gog games are already on torrents anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom