ChemCaper: Petticles in Peril - A CRPG to learn Chemistry @ Gamasutra

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I want to go back to school - the current generation of students can learn with CRPGs:

ChemCaper - Petticles in Peril is an upcoming role playing game from ACE EdVenture Studio, produced in collaboration with Artoncode (a development team based in Jakarta, Indonesia). Said to be the world's first educational game based on Cambridge University's IGCSE Chemistry syllabus, topics such as elements in the periodic table, compounds, types of bonding, and even laboratory apparatuses are lifted directly from the textbooks and re-purposed as story or game elements in ChemCaper.

Concepts of covalent, ionic and metallic bonding are encountered and learned through gameplay. The Active Time Battle System will see kids battling various foes with the help of their faithful Petticles, creatures formed by chemical bonding. Learning comes full circle with each Petticle demonstrating unique traits representing real life particles.

Additionally, students will learn how to separate compounds, refine fluids, and sieve through precious metals in various mini games which will introduce students to the kinds of Chemistry apparatus used in laboratories. […]
More information.

Getting the interest of your students is in fact the only way to teach stuff.

I think I hear a click of human civilization going up a level.

If I can get it for an moderate amount of money for the PC, then it's an almost instantbuy for me. Call me crazy, but I am "interested". ;)

It looks a bit too cute for me, though. Too cartoonish (hey, and that comes from me ! :lol: ).

God bless them for trying. I wonder what the target age is? I doubt any kids will learn enough to make their high school chem class any easier for them, but hopefully it may make more kids want to take chemistry in high school. If, you have kids in high school, and plan on them going to college, you should really encourage them to take EVERY chemistry, physics, math and biology class they possibly can.

ChemCaper will be available for iOS and Android on the 14th of March 2016 - enhanced PC version on Steam: 2017:

SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- ChemCaper: Act 1 - Petticles in Peril, the world's first Chemistry RPG from ACE EdVenture Studio, will be launched for iOS and Android at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco on 16th March 2016.

ChemCaper is a Chemistry role-playing game based on the IGCSE year 7 Chemistry syllabus. Worldwide, it's a common problem for students taking Chemistry as it is one of the subjects that's hard to wrap their minds around. ChemCaper aims to help students understand the subject through play and grasp it from a young age.

Being in the education industry for 28 years, Anne Tham, the founder of ACE EdVenture Studio and two international schools brings a world of knowledge that has helped create an educational role-playing game of this magnitude. The game is developed by ACE EdVenture Studio in collaboration with Artoncode, a leading Indonesian game developer with more than two decades of experience in the game industry.

ChemCaper also features the soundtrack of Norihiko Hibino, an accomplished musician who contributed song compositions for many award -winning games such as the Metal Gear Solid and Bayonetta series.

Since the soft launch of ChemCaper at GDC 2015, the game has been featured at Google I/O and numerous write ups in international media including Gamasutra, IndieGames.com, Tech in Asia and many more.

"The launch of ChemCaper: Act I - Petticles in Peril at GDC 2016 is the culmination of a three-year journey for us - from the idea of reinventing education for our own students in the area of science subjects, to finally being able to showcase an actual game for students to play and experience on their tablets and mobile devices," said Anne Tham, founder and Group CEO of ACE EdVenture Studio.

"We would like to express our deepest gratitude to our futurist, Sheikh Faleigh of The Futurist Foundation for being a great mentor in this journey and also to Tim W of GCM Consultants for his guidance and efforts in turning this project into one that is globally acknowledged."

ChemCaper Act 1: Petticles in Peril will be available for download on the App Store and Google Play on the 14th March of 2016. The enhanced PC version is scheduled for release on Steam in 2017.

For more information please get in touch with us at press@chemcaper.com.

Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160309/342179
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160309/342180

SOURCE ACE EdVenture Studio

RELATED LINKS
http://www.aceedventure-studio.com

Back
Top Bottom