The Witcher 2 - Interview @ Gry Online

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A quick interview with Tomasz Gop, Senior Producer at CD Projekt RED, is up at Gry Online. It doesn't delve into the gameplay but does answer a couple of questions from the leaked video. On the loss of some of the original team:
Will the developers of The Witcher be involved in The Witcher 2?

The Witcher 2 is being developed by the same team which was responsible for the first one with some minor changes (50+ people remain from The Witcher’s development). It is true that there were some cuts in the development department at CD Projekt, but those were mostly connected with freezing development of The Witcher: Rise of The White Wolf.
More information.

At least it confirms a few positives things, mainly that the voiceovers in the internal gameplay video are indeed just placeholders, and also the news about the development team being mostly the same people that worked on the first game.

The only bad thing is how far away this game is, I'm guessing a 2011 release.

I would call the Lead Designer leaving a major change in the dev team myself.

Nah. Every single last one of us is replaceable. I know... this realization is suicide material for some people but it is the cold, harsh, cruel truth.

Sincerely,

Yours always a happy camper adding sunshine to every thread

Mo

:biggrin:

Yep, I have to agree with Ausir on this one.

The rest of the info were rather expected but still somewhat reassuring.

Good to know that most of the original team is intact, with some capable management
they may well replicate the quality of the first game (I don't expect them to stray from
the original formula too much anyway).

Also I hope the new engine allows them to implement a more open ended world (at least
less vertically challenged)...

It also confirms that they've written a whole new engine from scratch rather than just updating the old engine, like a particular member here claimed. ;)

Nah. Every single last one of us is replaceable. I know… this realization is suicide material for some people but it is the cold, harsh, cruel truth.

Or, as my dear dad put it, "cemeteries are full of irreplaceable people."

It also confirms that they've written a whole new engine from scratch rather than just updating the old engine, like a particular member here claimed. ;)

Dude, you need to get with the program. DArt already fessed up to being a n00b in the other thread ;) .

Or, as my dear dad put it, "cemeteries are full of irreplaceable people."

Words of wisdom right there. If I were your mom I'd marry your dad, too! :biggrin:

I think I'll also go with being an optimistic little ray of sunshine, and go with putting my trust in the current dev team, depleted as it may be… :roll:

Also I hope the new engine allows them to implement a more open ended world (at least
less vertically challenged)…

Agreed. There were areas where one tended to feel "boxed in", in the original game.

…rather than just updating the old engine, like a particular member here claimed.
Hee :biggrin: Yup. :p ROFL Some people were very confident and sure of their opinions regarding that.

Yes, and it's also a relief to have our suspicion about the placeholder voices confirmed. :)

..and sad that we stilll have to wait so long, but I'd rather have them hone the quality. In the meantime, there will be many other new games to keep us busy…

Then you've never played a Baldur's Gate with Saxonian dwarfs. ;)

Then you've never played a Baldur's Gate with Saxonian dwarfs. ;)

No but i have play X2 and read in Egosoft's forum many native English speakers complaining that "the station announcements sound very German" .....

Different accents are acceptable in all kinds of entertainment but gaming it seems.

On topic , i just hope that they will keep "drunk" animation which was super

IMO the main area of improvement with accents would be to be a bit more consistent with it. As it was, you had pretty much totally random accents coming from everybody.

Then again, the names were pretty much totally random too, so perhaps it's intentional. I certainly didn't mind much -- and when the EE came out, I played it through in Polish, which was even cooler.

Back
Top Bottom