D:OS Tips & Hints

Divinity: Original Sin
Second map tip:
Do the white witch quest = remove barrier from cabin quest first

you can find the remove spell hidden near many traps

It isn't there - just a parchment with a lot of words starting with M and some decent treasure. I failed to get all the riddles right.

Where exactly, need a hint?

I'm doing much better progress by now. :)

There are still a few questions, though :

- Making flour - now I know it how, because I've found the right book, but there is a working mill north of Cyseal, and doinmg drag & drop of grain with it just doesn't work ...

- North of Cyseal there are 2 dogs - where the bee hives are. How can I feed them ? Drag & drop with bones and/or meat doesn't work ...

- Using the smith's oven in Cyseal doesn't quite work there as well - I constantly get the message that the character who is able to do smithing asks "with what could I start it burning" or so ... quoted from my memory, and it is in German language as well. It seems to me that I need something that already burns (like candles) or wood to get it burning, but in a thread in the Larian forums someone told me that I'd just need to drop ore there ?

- Making flour - now I know it how, because I've found the right book, but there is a working mill north of Cyseal, and doinmg drag & drop of grain with it just doesn't work …

- Using the smith's oven in Cyseal doesn't quite work there as well - I constantly get the message that the character who is able to do smithing asks "with what could I start it burning" or so … quoted from my memory, and it is in German language as well. It seems to me that I need something that already burns (like candles) or wood to get it burning, but in a thread in the Larian forums someone told me that I'd just need to drop ore there ?
Sorry, I'm not into exploring crafting completely so can't answer on these. Yet. I'll do it when I'm about to finish the game. :D
But the game has a stellar crafting system, but IMO it's OP and should be used only if played on hard difficulty.

- North of Cyseal there are 2 dogs - where the bee hives are. How can I feed them ? Drag & drop with bones and/or meat doesn't work …
You can't do nothing to help those two, they're as good as dead.

It isn't there - just a parchment with a lot of words starting with M and some decent treasure. I failed to get all the riddles right.

There's hiding place next to the chest

There's hiding place next to the chest
Actually a hint that is not a spoiler but something you just have to do in this game.
Pump up Perception on at least one character!!!

Yes there is a spell eagle eye or something to help you on spots you know there is a hidden stash (trasure maps or whatnot chitchat), but not all of them are learnable that way.

But a new hint.
There is a certain village where you can go agressive and kill everyone. You should spare the geomancer!
In village Sacred Stone, Attenberah's store restocks with a legendary item.

Last edited:
I've looked twice and one of my characters has a 3 perception. There's actually a clue in my journal that says Zixzax will have something to say about it… he doesn't.

Ah ha! It showed up on a reload! Thanks HiddenX!

Interesting, the last journal entry implies that there's a violent way to solve this quest. I tried that. Even though I had four level 10s fighting level 9s, it was looking pretty impossible.

P.S. Regarding flour: move the mortal & pestle on top of wheat to make flour.

P.P.S. It looks like flour is pretty heavy so you might want to leave it as wheat until you're ready. You definitely want to do that with bones. Bones are weightless but bone dust isn't!

I was rather thinking of feeding bones to dogs ... But there don't seem to be dogs who can or want to eat them ...

A few more things.

Void armor means that creature is invulnerable - until you destroy a huge blood stone with any tenebrium (vulgaris) weapon. Okay? So…
Use spell, pot or scroll of invisibility on NPC who has such weapon, rush only him to the stone an crush it.
You will see these type of creatures when your base gets attacked by "meteors" so you get a job of stopping it (second big map, northwest part).

There is a no hints doublepuzzle in Immaculates church. I've retried it too many times to get it set, so in case you don't want to try all 24 possible combinations till you get the proper one here's a spoiler.
Oddly, rats in the game always give you some hints, here, rats say nothing useful nor is some note, book or something nearby.
First level - light 4 braziers in this order: top right, top left, down right, down left. On this level you'll also need to pull the lever that is on the right side near a plant to move the altar.
Under the altar level - use four wall switches this order: the one on stairs where compass is on the floor, the one on the right wall outside of the central room, the one left from there and lastly the one that is most north. Prepare for a challenging fight - I suggest using the same strategy you used against King Baccus!

Couple of questions if anyone can answer.

1. For the Rock, Paper, Scissors does the skill you use have any bearing on it? It shows your skill level vs the NPC you might be arguing with but it doesn't seem to affect the actual game.

2. I have the gog version and am off on holidays tomorrow. I really want to keep playing this while I'm away so I'll need to install it again on the laptop. I know with gog thats not a problem but I'm assuming my kickstarter code only works once so I'm just wondering if my saves from a kickstarter version will work with a non-kickstarter version (since it has some extra items etc.). Probably a suck it and see situation.

I'm a bit stuck. Spoilers:

I'm in Cyseal, got the mortician arrested. I can't seem to get any further in the murder quest. I keep running around talking to everyone, but no progress. Any hints? Are you supposed to solve the murder before leaving town?

I've explored outside of town a bit and am enjoying this a lot. Just have issue with the above.

2. I have the gog version and am off on holidays tomorrow. I really want to keep playing this while I'm away so I'll need to install it again on the laptop. I know with gog thats not a problem but I'm assuming my kickstarter code only works once so I'm just wondering if my saves from a kickstarter version will work with a non-kickstarter version (since it has some extra items etc.). Probably a suck it and see situation.

I dunno. You'd have to put in the code once you make a new profile ... Then it is "bound" with that profile, that's how I see it (but I'm not to 100 % sure about it).

So ... if you put the code into a new profile, then your savegames might still work ?

Oddly, rats in the game always give you some hints, here, rats say nothing useful nor is some note, book or something nearby.
Actually, in the case of the second puzzle there´s
a book (something about cooking) located in the area which tells you the correct order via its author name.
When it comes to the first puzzle I don´t think a specific order is required (and it can be bypassed entirely).

Speaking of rats (and other animals), as a not-that spoiler-y tip I´d mention that they only
run away from characters who don´t have pet pal :).

I'm a bit stuck. Spoilers:

I'm in Cyseal, got the mortician arrested. I can't seem to get any further in the murder quest. I keep running around talking to everyone, but no progress. Any hints? Are you supposed to solve the murder before leaving town?

I think that one mandatory thing you must do to continue the quest is completing
the councillor´s wife quest. If you have pet pal it might be possible to bypass this by talking to the dog at the graveyard and showing him a certain NPC´s smelly-something (I´m not sure since I did both before continuing with the quest).

Last edited:
1. For the Rock, Paper, Scissors does the skill you use have any bearing on it? It shows your skill level vs the NPC you might be arguing with but it doesn't seem to affect the actual game.
If your charisma skill is higher than NPC´s then you usually need less wins to win an argument. For example, if it´s 5:3 than you need only 2 wins to reach required 10 points, whereas an opponent needs 4.
I think that bypassing the minigame by hitting space should take the skill values into account as well, however I´m not sure if that´s how it actually works in the game since my anecdotal experience certainly made it seem like it doesn´t :).

Last edited:
I'm starting to wonder about that r/p/s minigame. Quite a few of the characters seem to expect me to pick the same thing I picked on my previous choice. So, if I pick paper on the first round, I'll pick rock on the second. If I win with rock, I'll just start cycling leftward (scissors, paper, rock, scissors…) and I'll win the match pretty often.

I haven't had all that many RPS games and I haven't been writing down when that has and hasn't worked so this could just be in my head. (I found it because I tried picking the same option every time once and got shut out by a pretty weak NPC.)

There are 3 different strategies for the npcs in RPS. Once you've figured which of the 3 you have, you'll win every time…unless they changed it.

Alrik, you use a mortar and pestle to turn wheat into flour and then flour and water to make dough. Food gives you temporary stat gains and resistances.

I didn't read all the questions probably, but I remembered those two.

Thank you.
I already have the necessary recipes, b ut wondered whether I could try that mill as well ...
I'm going to break bad ... errm ... bake bread tonight ! ;)

Third map, phantom forest. Stuck somewhere?
You have the solution. In your inventory.

Pyramids.
The amulet works on only one character who has it in inventory, no need to send him to one by one party member, use the pyramid.
Also, don't forget for another puzzle - pyramid is not a living thing.

stuck in the Inner Source temple?

Pyramids can be thrown over broken bridges ;)

You can only get stuck there if you're not pixelhunting every wall. No highlighted switches apart from one that glows because you, hopefully, have superhigh perception. ;)

I've finally finished the game, going out for some coffee, will write later.

Back
Top Bottom