Last game(s) you bought

I went and bought Monster Hunter World on Steam. I suspect I won't have the patience to go through it all, from what I hear, but I really want to try something different. Never played any of the Monster Hunter games, and I hear this one streamlines a lot of things, and makes it more acceptable for western audiences.

Last game(s) you bought
Can someone please open "last DLC you bought" thread?

Battle for Azeroth - cos the wife wants to play it and I have no choice but to play it with her :)

It's extra content for that easy-mode cartoony warcraft online game.

Unfortunately the last few expansions for warcraft looks lot better than many MMOs out there now. Also its only easy-mode if you avoid the harder content. The hardest WoW raids harder than any other MMO I have played :(

Kingsport Horror to complete my Arkham Horror 2Ed collection.

:)

Don't play wow or even follow wow; didn't realize they released something :) or :( or :| but er you didn't actually say what it is - luckily others were kinder.

Apologies, I wasn't trying to be rude, it was supposed to be tongue and cheek comment :)

Last game I bought hasn't even been delivered yet. A like new copy of Eternal Sonata for the PS3 purchased from eBay. Couldn't resist the $10 price (shipped). Every now and then I like to get my jRPG fag on.

Last game I bought? Phantom Doctrine.

Seven - the days long gone.

Refunded. I just couldn't immerse myself in this. A mix of medieval and cyberpunk. I wish they would have went with generic fantasy, because that's something this small studio probably could have pulled off really well.
I can't wash the feeling away of hearing a few 9-12 year olds around a table; "let's do a really awesome game! It should be like a mix of all our favorite games and genres, just mash it all together, it will be so awesome!!!"

Has that ever worked (usually its never done because it's too stupid of an idea)? I kind of liked the graphics though, but it was a little inconsistent at times (sometimes very tame almost childrens book-type mixed with more comic book style).

If you can stand the theme it's probably not bad though. The intro was a total cringe, bordering on something you might expect to see in South Park, when they mock movie studios for doing very generic things.

I played (or attempted to play rather) exactly one Bard's Tale game (the third one, with Rebecca Heineman as lead game designer) but it was a huge step down from Bard's Tale IV (better known as Dragon Wars), imo. The confusing dungeon spinners combined with no real auto-map along with random encounters that occurred every time you moved just a couple of squares were a great big "Fuck This!" to someone used to the much more streamlined Dragon Wars. I'm looking forward to the "official" BT4 since I'm sure all old skool annoyances will be dealt with.

Back
Top Bottom