Steam actual owners?

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
That's probably still more copies than Risen 3 sold.

I think ELEX 2 will sell better than the first. The first will end up with mostly positive Steam reviews, and a lot of the comments on the forums tend to be "this game is not as bad as I heard/thought it would be."

And you better believe that, when Elex the second is released, those that don't own the first one will pick it up. It's just the way some people play the games, from what I've observed.

Elex was also available on GOG from Day 1 as well as PS4 and Xbox One, so Steam is only a fraction of its sales. Still, it's criminal that it sold so few copies on Steam (assuming those numbers are even accurate). I consider it one of the best games I played last year.

Risen 3: http://steamspy.com/app/249230
ELEX: http://steamspy.com/app/411300

ELEX looks like it has more followers and more sold copies.

It was a decent or even pretty good game, but not so interesting that i finished it (not uncommon for me though, i lose interest in 90% of all games before i ever get close to finishing it them).

I have no idea of the analytics behind sequels outselling the previous game in the series but I would guess in the case of ELEX that that will be true. The first game has garnered enough moderate hype and "warmth" from the Steam community that I feel the second game will sell at least as well, if not slightly better. It could sell much better, that's always a possibility, but I don't think there is any way it will sell less than the first, on Steam or in overall sales numbers. If it did I would be very surprised.

Plus the fact that no one is doing that sort of setting in a huge open-world, and I expect PB to make the proper tweaks to the second game. ELEX has also brought in a moderate amount of new fans for PB if the Steam forums are any indication. Lots of "I never heard of Piranha Bytes until now" and "Which Gothic should I play?" posts.

And, 4900+ Steam reviews for a Mostly Positive rating. 73% of reviews are positive. That hands down has to be PB's most successful Steam showing ever, by far.

Of course, I have no idea what I'm talking about. I hope it was a success for them and ELEX 2 goes in the upward direction or at least maintains their ability to craft interesting games like it.

on another note, fluent's darted off
Yep he quietly closed every account he had on Steam, Google, and even here. His Youtube channel is now private and called NextLevelNerd which is used by another.

My guess is he is either rebranding or tired of online harassment.

Yep he quietly closed every account he had on Steam, Google, and even here. His Youtube channel is now private and called NextLevelNerd which is used by another.

I wonder why ? fluent was such an unobtrusive chap ... ...

Are you still in touch with him?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Are you still in touch with him?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Nope it's been a while since I personally talked with him outside this site.

How unfortunate, I liked his enthusiasm - even if I rarely agreed with it.

Maybe he reincarnates into a new user after some time. It has happened before to a few users :)

Oh and I completely forgot to /cheer the move of banning cheats/cheaters that steam seems to be following, well done indeed. Keep those losers in their basements/closets where they cannot infect others, says me!

Maybe he reincarnates into a new user after some time. It has happened before to a few users :)

Who just darts off like that though?
--

Anyway, Spud, send him an email and tell him we all miss him. There's a lot of folks we miss around here but he had an unwavering positive attitude that is rare on internets.

Closed his steam account! O_O

Don’t you lose all your games then? Can it be reopened and recovered?

Back
Top Bottom