Xenonauts 2 - Three Days Left

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Xenonauts 2 has three days left until the crowdfunding campaign raps up. The latest update talks about the remaining stretch goals.

One Week Left: MARS / Sentry Gun Achieved!

With one week left of the Xenonauts-2 Kickstarter, we've just blown past 300% funding and hit our fourth stretch goal! Huge thanks to all of you!

This means the MARS Support Platform & Sentry Gun single-tile vehicles will now both be included in the final game for everyone.

MARS & Sentry Guns:

The MARS is a small robotic tank manufactured in the workshop that can accompany the Xenonaut soldiers on a ground missions. It has relatively high TU and HP, making it good for scouting and crushing fences / other obstacles to make a path for the rest of your team - but it has a relatively low Accuracy. It is smaller than the 3x3 armoured vehicles in Xenonauts 1 and therefore can enter buildings and UFOs, but can only carry infantry weapons (by default it carries the machinegun).

The Sentry Gun is a defensive unit that can only be deployed on Xenonaut Base Defence missions and can be manufactured relatively cheaply in the Workshop. These immobile units are placed during the deployment phase, but have limited rotation range - making them a good way of defending choke points but leaving them very vulnerable to flanking if left unprotected!

We've now started work on both of these units, and if all goes well we might be able to show off some early progress with them next week.

Final Week & Upcoming Stretch Goals!

It's difficult to know how well the final week will go for us, but Kickstarters often finish strongly and it's definitely possible that we hit one or both of remaining stretch goals.

The next stretch goal is arriving at £200,000 - the Additional Community Edition / Modding Support. Of course, we'll do our best to leave the game open to modding (just as we did in X1) but it'd be great if we could afford to take some extra time to add additional features / tools that will allow modders to make things that fundamentally change the game. I know this is something many of you feel very strongly about; with your help we can get there!

We'll be doing more PR work after the weekend - hitting up our mailing list, journalists, Twitter, Reddit, etc. It'd be great if you could help us spread the word in any way you feel you can, as everything helps! To help things along, we'll be unlocking two extra £500 and ten extra £200 rewards with 48 hours left to go.

Finally, we're working on some more additions to the Portrait Editor to give you guys even more options for your custom soldiers. There's a bugfix and a few new hair variants in the most recent update, and the portrait artist also thinks he's figured out a way to support greying hair for any hair color (something a lot of people have been requesting). That'll all arrive next week.

Have a great weekend everyone - and let's hope next week brings more stretch goals! :)
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

If the KC don't manage to get the modding support, I am going to cancel my pledge, shame.

If the KC don't manage to get the modding support, I am going to cancel my pledge, shame.

Yeah, I really don't understand why people prioritized the weapon platforms before modding support. I never even use them in the other games.

Yeah, I really don't understand why people prioritized the weapon platforms before modding support. I never even use them in the other games.

I just believe the poll was rigged to put the stretch goals in the order they wanted.

There is no way someone want first small things that could be added later with better mod tools than having the mod tools in the first place and then those stretch goals plus 50 more with mods 3 months later.

I just don't believe the order, I don't think the average backer of this game is that stupid, and without support I refuse to back it.

I just believe the poll was rigged to put the stretch goals in the order they wanted.

There is no way someone want first small things that could be added later with better mod tools than having the mod tools in the first place and then those stretch goals plus 50 more with mods 3 months later.

I just don't believe the order, I don't think the average backer of this game is that stupid, and without support I refuse to back it.

If they had a preferred order I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have let us vote. I'm guessing the reason is that a lot of players don't use mods at all which made them put that one as least interesting.

Still a shame though, but on the other hand the campaign isn't over yet.

No official mod support doesn't translate into no mods, though.

Because some people actually don't care about mod support?

I rarely use mods. I'd rather have the base game be as good as possible.

I never cared about mod support. I never use them and expect the game to be as good as possible, originally.

I would place mod support as a very low priority stretch goal any day, and I do not consider myself stupid.

Also don't care about mod support. I do care about enemy unit behavior though and what I saw in the currently available demo was like some kind of sick joke. Two of the feeble humanoid types camped out side by side behind two windows in a brick building and kept spamming overwatch. Good enough, it was just about impossible to get a clear shot from outside.

But I sent two guys to flank them (I mean actually inside the building, in the same room) with a machine gun and grenades and they just kept doing the same thing!

I am looking forward to this game as well as I had a lot of fun playing the first one. As well mod support is low on my list of things I look for in a game. While mods can make a game better in this case the resources are better spent making the game as good as it can be. If does well then mod support could be added later if it sells poorly mod support is not likely to save it.

Back
Top Bottom