Skyrim Skyrim Bugged Update? ——> TESV.exe Deleted and Missing !!!!!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Asdraguuhl

Keeper of the Watch
I wanted to play some Skyrim and it didn't launch because suddenly the file TESV.exe went missing. Apparently, according to the Steam news, the new patch 1.2 is released today.

Perhaps something went wrong with the update. Any of you had this problem?

Last edited:
It runs for me after the update. I'd say your update got interrupted. Try Properties -> local files -> verify cache and redownload if necessary. Or better yet, uninstall/reinstall, and don't bother with Steam to do an update.

It runs for me after the update. I'd say your update got interrupted. Try Properties -> local files -> verify cache and redownload if necessary. Or better yet, uninstall/reinstall, and don't bother with Steam to do an update.

I did what you said by selecting the "verify cache" and now it works. It detected the missing file and downloaded it.

Thank you very much for your help!!!!

For a moment I thought I would get some sleep tonight :).

I downloaded it from online, where would the PRoperties be?

I'm currently experiencing the exact same problem that Asdraguuhl had. Unfortunately, verifying the game cache in properties doesn't seem to do anything.
Not only has the tesv executable disappeared, but trying to run the game merely brings it back to the launcher screen.

This has probably been my biggest frustration with Steam so far - and to be honest it just isn't good enough.

Last edited:
Hmm that's bad. It updated without a hitch for me yesterday. While annoying, uninstalling and redownloading (or reinstalling from a local backup) should fix it. But I'd first try to completely close and restart steam, and try the cache authentication again.

I had a problem launching from my desktop icon after the update. Deleted that and ran it from the program file without any problem. Silly mistake on my end, but you would think your shortcuts would work after updates. ;)

Sound advice, GBG, many thanks. :)

I switched off steam and didn't boot it for a couple of days and just today tried the cache verification again. This time it started up a 200 meg update which when it was finally done, made the game work as it should once more.

Back
Top Bottom