Hellblade

Pibbur does not do review for a living and does not influence gamers to buy or not buy games or does he?

Pibbur does not do review for a living and does not influence gamers to buy or not buy games or does he?
No, he/I doesn't/don't.

You've got a point. I didn't think of that.

pibbur who probably does the world a favour by not reviewing things.

That is really the kind of guy I would listen for advises, yes.
Sounds legit.
You can always decide to trust Escapist magazine's 100% on Dragon Age 2 and 90% on Batman Arkham Knight:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...ditorials/reviews/8701-Dragon-Age-II-Review.2
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...The-Next-Generation.2#&gid=gallery_4327&pid=1

Me? After pumping up scores on games that didn't deserve it from mainstream media, I'd rather read what the most paranoic reviewer says before spending my $.
If that reviewer is wrong, I won't get utterly disapponted.

I never read reviews in game magazines. i come here to see what people play and why they play it. It can raise my interest or not.

This guy with that half arsed I-am-angry-about-that-bug-let's-destroy-this-game-and-their-work-with-a-childish-1-even-if-liked-the-game did not give me any reason to change my ways.

A general aggregate of reviews is useful. For instance, I was on the fence, sort of wanting to see the Dark Tower film that just released. But it got horrible reviews overall, so I'm saving my money. Sure, opinions can differ, but when a piece of entertainment is bad—it's bad.

Well, he's put up a new review giving it 7/10, and admitting that it was not his finest professional moment. So, fair enough, IMO. He did also say that he "wanted" to give it an 8 or a 9, but he had to penalize it for losing his progress after 7 hours. I still yhink that's a slightly wrongheaded way to look at it, as I've had savegame disasters in some fine games over the years. These things do happen.

Last edited:
Playing it right now....loving it. Ambiance, sounds, world design, main character( performance): phenomenal. Combat is a bit simple, but quite enjoyable...imo, they should have focused only on "boss" battles.
But it's more of a "niche" title, so I'd recommend watching a few videos/reviews to get a handle on it.
If it keeps up, best game I've played since Witcher III and best one yet from Ninja Theory.

I'm intrigued. Is it like interactive novel type of game? Heard its only about 6 hrs long to complete, I might wait till sale, I dont want to spend $30 for a game less than 10 hrs of content :/

That's a rather silly review from Jim. I don't think giving this game a 1/10 does his credibility much good. Seems he's had the sense to realise it, though.

I've never heard of him before, but after looking at some of his other reviews, I wouldn't give him much credibility anyways.

He gave Prey a 5/10 which certainly raised an eyebrow for me (He even rated Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare higher), and Final Fantasy XV got an 8/10. It's safe to say I won't be paying much attention to his reviews in the future.

Playing it right now….loving it. Ambiance, sounds, world design, main character( performance): phenomenal. Combat is a bit simple, but quite enjoyable…imo, they should have focused only on "boss" battles.
But it's more of a "niche" title, so I'd recommend watching a few videos/reviews to get a handle on it.
If it keeps up, best game I've played since Witcher III and best one yet from Ninja Theory.

I'll strongly second that. Amazing game. Got about 3 hours or so in.
Amazing graphics, sound, music, voice acting.
Fun combat system.
Loving the voices that Senua hears.
Heavily recommended if you like narrative driven games.
If this is AAA on an indie budget I want more of that.

It's estimated at around 8 hours on average. Which is the same as most AAA story titles, and this is better and more creative than most AAA generic shit.
Get it! Ninja Theory must be rewarded, and this initiative must be pushed to be come common.

Yes, I'll be buying it to support these guys. Their facial animation tech has raised the bar, and it looks like they've put real thought and artistry into the game.

I think Jim's commentary on the industry can be quite good, but I think he's pretty poor as a games reviewer.

Why the doublepost? Except for getting two +1s? :p

I posted Jim's scores on games are not, erm, real. I mean, Prey 5/10 is wrong, it should be 6/10. :D
But even if he now says 7/10 on BinaryDomain2, I'm still not buying.
I'll wait to see an input when after 40-50 hours someone finishes the game.

Only discovered this on release. At €29.99 I didn't think twice. I played it around two hours and are craving to get back to it. I played with the fear of dying too many times as the game warned about featuring permadeath. It seems however this is not the case after all?

Sendt fra min SM-G935F med Tapatalk

Streamers earning $ for stalling can all die for all I care.
Notify me however if a streamer is doing fastruns. I won't object them earning the money that way.

It's launched on GOG, too.

All things considered, immediate purchase.

There are AAA story games??

I've never heard of him before, but after looking at some of his other reviews, I wouldn't give him much credibility anyways.

He gave Prey a 5/10 which certainly raised an eyebrow for me (He even rated Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare higher), and Final Fantasy XV got an 8/10. It's safe to say I won't be paying much attention to his reviews in the future.

Surprised you haven't heard of him, he's reviewer "celebrity", if you could call it that:

cm1dTh.gif

While he draws attention to some issues, most of the time it's review clickbaiting ( more in sense of attention, as he is sponsored by his fans)

Back
Top Bottom