Next Jade Empire

D

Deleted member 18181

J1diLIA.jpg

Meh look looks like it's just an IP trademark renewal nothing surprising here. I personally wouldn't trust any new sequels or remakes made by BioWare or EA anyway.

Well, it does mean that they at least care enough to renew the trademark.

I should get around to giving the first one another proper shot.

I think I should be over the "console Bioware" hatred I used to have for it.

Heck, KotOR is my favorite Bioware game.... Still, I waited for the PC version! :)

Andromeda has become a close second, though.

Love the first game but if a sequel were to be released, it would have to not be affiliated with Electronic Arts or the Origin platform for me to be interested. I'd likely celebrate by replaying the first game, instead.

Not a chance.

Today's EA/Bioware isn't going to spend the time and resources to develop a sequel to a nearly 15 year-old game that didn't sell very well to begin with.

Funny how EA continues to ignore or destory Bioware's IP. The only one left now is DA and it all depends on 4th installment.

Funny how EA continues to ignore or destory Bioware's IP. The only one left now is DA and it all depends on 4th installment.
Yep given how much of old BioWare is gone now, and that EA thinks SP is not profitable anymore, it's safe to assume a sequel wouldn't be something to look forward to.

Mass Effect is still there :)

Also, Bioware was changing way before EA entered the picture.

I should get around to giving the first one another proper shot.

I think I should be over the "console Bioware" hatred I used to have for it.

Heck, KotOR is my favorite Bioware game…. Still, I waited for the PC version! :)

Andromeda has become a close second, though.
The PC port of Jade Empire is actually pretty decent, and it's not horribly expensive these days, especially if you buy it during some GOG sale or some such thing.

The PC port of Jade Empire is actually pretty decent, and it's not horribly expensive these days, especially if you buy it during some GOG sale or some such thing.

I think I've bought it twice :)

I can't really get into it - but I will eventually manage, I think. It's not bad or anything - there's just a not a lot there to appeal to me.

I thought ME series in on freeze after Andromeda?

Not according to Bioware. They've stated otherwise on multiple occasions. Well, they're claiming something is happening behind the scenes.

But I wouldn't expect too much too soon.

Personally, I'm only really interested if they stick to what made Andromeda great.

I could certainly live without another ME2 or ME3. Not that I wouldn't try it - but it's not something that would get me excited.

Chances are we'll be getting some kind of bullshit action thing instead, though.

The lowest I've seen the game was $4.99 on Steam and GOG.

You can also buy the PC boxed version for under $3.00 on Amazon. On a side note has anyone ever created a full re-texture mod? Was just asking as I never found one.
Never say never as BioWare hinted a new game is still possible in a few interviews & blog posts. They just invested most of their resources in Anthem. We'll see if it works out.

I do know a new Dragon Age is in development. So fingers crossed.:fingerscrossed:

Last edited:
Sure, the game does get a bit repetitive, but I truly enjoyed playing it the two times that I've done so. I'm not sure when I'll replay it again, with the current back log that I have, but it could happen.

It's on "freeze" until they can free devs to work on it.

BioWare doesn't have the manpower to work on 4 games in the same year.

There is already hints that pre-production started for a new ME game or at least something that isn't Anthem, SWTOR or DA.

It's on "freeze" until they can free devs to work on it.

BioWare doesn't have the manpower to work on 4 games in the same year.

There is already hints that pre-production started for a new ME game or at least something that isn't Anthem, SWTOR or DA.
What I find interesting is what will be the setting this time. As Shepard's saga has to many plot-holes, and they never finished the Andromeda story-line except in a book.

What I find interesting is what will be the setting this time. As Shepard's saga has to many plot-holes, and they never finished the Andromeda story-line except in a book.

Again (because it's like the 10th time I repeating this to you), they didn't finish the Andromeda story-line in a book. All the books storylines happens before the Hyperion reach Andromeda.

Again (because it's like the 10th time I repeating this to you), they didn't finish the Andromeda story-line in a book. All the books storylines happens before the Hyperion reach Andromeda.
Sorry but this is the first time you wrote that to my recollection. I cant remember month old threads(10 times?). Still you never answered my question. So guess that's it then.

Link - https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/29/16566872/mass-effect-andromeda-novel-annihilation
Those who want to finish off the storylines introduced by Mass Effect: Andromeda will get to do so, but a novel will have to suffice.

Mass Effect: Annihilation, by Catherynne M. Valente, has been announced and given a publication date of June 26, 2018 in North America and the U.K., Australia on Aug. 28, 2018. Titan Books is the publisher.

Mass Effect: Anihilation will resolve what happened aboard the Quarian ark Keelah Si’yah, which was introduced in Andromeda.
Guess this book doesn't matter then? Moving on now good day sir.^^

Sorry but this is the first time you wrote that to my recollection. I cant remember month old threads(10 times?). Still you never answered my question. So guess that's it then.

Link - https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/29/16566872/mass-effect-andromeda-novel-annihilationGuess this book doesn't matter then? Moving on now good day sir.^^

I mentioned it just a few weeks ago when you posted the same BS article from someone who never read the book. In fact, that was written a year before the book even released. The content of Annihilation ends before the message received at the end of the game is sent by the Quarian ark, it conclude no stories.

Back
Top Bottom