God is Real - the first AAA Christian videogame

Well that explains Scam of the Avatar šŸ˜
Very similar to cultural or religious groupā€¦
Oh no you didn't.:biggrin:

That will get you an instant ban on the Avatar website & forums.

I wonder what happened to aries100?

As he used to defend that game, and slowly ended up hating it.

Oh no you didn't.:biggrin:

That will get you an instant ban on the Avatar website & forums.

I wonder what happened to aries100?

As he used to defend that game, and slowly ended up hating it.

Amazingly I've never been banned from there. Maybe not amazing because I think I've got 30 posts from day 1 till now. Once I realized what a shitshow the whole thing was and how truly terrible the team is, no point in shouting down an empty coridor.... Nobody is home šŸ˜

There is buckets of funny posts on reddit and on their forums to chuckle at without me throwing my 2p at it. Enough for me to never touch anything connected or even endorsed by Richard Garriot, Chris Spears or Starr Long. Truly an epic scam. My hats off to them in that regards.

Well, while I am waiting for more story to even start with Shroud, there are lots of people who like the game as semi-mmo. Actually got one friend who sunk 600h into it. So while it's not everyone's cup of tea (and I actually doubt that I will like it much) it has it's niche and is pretty much what "Lord British" was aiming for, even if you listen to interviews before he did the kickstarter.

Well, nothing says Christian like asking a bunch of people to give you money on faith for the promise of a miracle.

It seems others have beaten this guy to the punch as I recall reading not that long ago about a Christian Game Developers Conference. However, it seemed not all of the games featured there were explicitly religious in any way. Archmage Rises developer went there to mainly talk about marketing / building a fanbase.

There is an excellent Bible based PNP RPG called Testament

https://greenroninstore.com/products/testament-roleplaying-in-the-biblical-era-pdf

Its d20 based and with very good background on the Canaanites and other surrounding nations of Israel.

One very good feature is it replaces alignment with something called Character Flaw. Each character picks a character flaw and is encouraged to deal with it in character, whether they are prone to violence, a drunk, a warmonger, thief/lover of gold, etc.

The preferred setting are the undocumented years during the times of the Judges and there are rules for one man armies like Samson.

God is Real - the first AAA Christian videogame
giphy.gif

Spirituality doesn't need games - yet humour should be an integral part of it.

God didn't put humour into this world without any reason. ;)

They closed the Kickstarter and say they are moving to GoFundMe.

I bet GoFundMe allows them to keep the pledges if they don't meet the target goal.

They closed the Kickstarter and say they are moving to GoFundMe.

I bet GoFundMe allows them to keep the pledges if they don't meet the target goal.

Well...if it's as successfull as on kickstarter minus the publicity...guess that'll be around 10$ then for their AAA game.

Back
Top Bottom