Two Worlds II - Echoes of the Past 2 DLC

Didn't they update it a while ago to add microtransactions?

Hmm, Reality Pump, is it? I suspect their balance sheet has been pumped by reality.

Hmm, Reality Pump, is it? I suspect their balance sheet has been pumped by reality.
Well it's a perfect time to go sniffing out the developer for more lies.:lol:

Anyway good joke that had me laughing after reading it.

As for the sniffing no need as the late parent company's of Reality Pump have done so many shadie things. I'm surprised this developer is still even in business.

I really enjoyed 2W2 but I have less than zero interest in multiplayer. I've played the main campaign through several times.

I liked both games, I've only played the single player on the second one, there is a mod to make the multiplayer area available in the single player game.
The voice acting was bad.
But the world building, the size and scope.. and the transition from mountain to hills to plains to sea was good and credible. It was big enough to be credible and diverse enough to not get boring.
Also some of the secondary quests were much better then the main :)))

Okay. Honestly, I never understood this about forums. I get that it is a community and everyone in the larger rpg community of this forum has a right to an opinion....

BUT

why post ONLY to state that you don’t like the game? Don’t you have anything better to do? I can understand if the OP had asked opinions on who likes the game But here, it is implied. Those interested in the dlc obviously enjoy the game.

Personally, I loved two worlds 2 and I am eagerly waiting for TW3. I found this post, while doing a google search in news for TW3.

so 2 qs: for the OP (or anyone else who is actually a TW player and not some unhappy troll)

Have you played any of the online dlcs?

more importantly this new multiplayer dlc, does it work? is anyone playing? is it supported? (that’s one question, but in many parts) ;-)

because a few months back, i tried to play multiplayer but it didn’t work

Thank you very much for reposting this info also btw. since most replies were negative, I want you to know that I appreciated that you shared this.

I enjoyed both games, although the first one was extremely buggy it had some good ideas. The second instalment was much more polished and the magic system was really fun. Like someone mentioned the side quests were often better than the main one, and if the voice overs were bad I obviously didn't care, either they were comic relief or they were good enough.

Haven't played the expansions and wouldn't dream of playing MP, but I could consider doing another playthrough of TW2.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry too much. The article was posted by one of our loyal newsposters, to whom it's a matter of researching and posting news like a journalist. It's not necessarily posted with any particular feelings on the matter. A news post about a game will usually attract positive and negative comments, and more often a mixture. That's just business as usual.

I always admired the passion the company put in their games. They always wanted to put in everything and do everything, but in the end it always was kind of strange (quirky design descisions), didnt fit together (why the strong focus on MP? "No" one wants this!) or ugly (monster design).

Their engine technically was quite powerfull and they provided really cool collectors editions (in germany at least) and so on, but how does it help, when somehow everything seems to be put together wrong.

I wish they would have thrown out their management (or whoever was in charge) and started completely new. (ah, and throw out the monster designer too).
The same applies for the EarthXXXX games. Good effort, but very flawed games.

But i thought they went bankrupt long time ago, who is producing those DLCs?

Which part, the bankruptcy?
No they went bankrupt and some of the team went to work with CD Projekt.

Link - https://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=101

Sometime later they retained a skeleton crew and worked on Ravens Cry. Now it seems they added micro-transactions, and started selling new DLC for Two Worlds 2.
Even though the studio has never released an international hit comparable to The Witcher or Dead Island, and its games failed to meet with critical acclaim or gain a large fan following, the team continued to push forward ambitiously over the years. The situation of Reality Pump started to grow dire a few years ago. In 2013, Miros³aw Dymek, the main pillar of the company, left, taking along a number of talented developers. They moved together to the newly created Kraków branch of CD Projekt RED. Tadeusz Zuber, who became the new CEO of Reality Pump, assured us in an interview given last year that the company was starting to get back on its feet and had plans for further projects, including Two Worlds III and possibly a new game in the Earth series.

Unfortunately, after the exodus of some employees to CD Projekt, a team of only about 30 people remained in the studio, who all got down to work on the pirate-themed sandbox entitled Raven's Cry. It was this title that probably sealed the fate of the developer. The game was allocated to the Polish studio by the German publisher after its original developers failed to rise to the challenge. In Poland, the production had to be completed within a very short period of time and virtually from scratch, while having a limited budget. Without much publicity or a marketing campaign, Raven's Cry finally launched in January this year on PC, following a string of postponed release dates. Underdeveloped and full of bugs, the game met with an extremely cold reception of the players and reviewers alike. The scale of the failure was revealed by Steamspy.com, which claimed that the title available on Valve's platform was bought by as few as several thousand players. In the wake of the developer's bankruptcy and bad response to the game, the previously planned console versions of Raven’s Cry will most likely never see the light of day.

I dont know about worst game ever (2 worlds 1 was not that bad), but the Call of the Tenebrae expansion might be a contender for worst expansion ever. Certainly one of the worst expansions I ever played. Probably worse than Gothic III Forsaken Gods.

Now I'm intrigued. How did it went? Short recap, ofc.

Not a bad game, but I'm surprised there's a large enough fan base to justify producing DLC for it 8 years after release.

Their next announcement will be that they are porting it to the Switch. But that won’t be until 2021.

Now I'm intrigued. How did it went? Short recap, ofc.

Main story:
A tribe of humanoid rats kill your frind Dar Pha and do some magic ritual. The rats want to destroy the world. The hero intervenes and accidentally travels into the past in the process. Which allows him to attempt to stop the rats before they kill Dar Pha. You meet Orias the good rat who wants to bring down Adramalech the bad rat. With Orias' help, at some point you find Dar Pha being a prisoner of Adramalech. After some discussion, Adramalech hurts or kills Dar Pha and Orias. You kill Adramalech. Dar Pha and Orias are actually alife and well. The end.

Put this shortly, it might not seem that bad compared to other games. And it might have been better, even with that story line, but that would have required less glitches, better voice acting, and believable characters.

Who plays Two Worlds for good voiceacting and believable characters?

Trust me, the main game was doing much better with that. (I actually found the english voice acting quite funny in the first one. Not funny bad, but funny good).

Back
Top Bottom