CD Projekt RED - Witcher Adventure Game Tutorial

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
CD Projekt RED released a new video tutorial for their new Witcher Adventure Game.

The Witcher Adventure Game takes players on a journey across the world of The Witcher as they assume the roles of four beloved characters from the books and computer games: Geralt of Rivia, monster slayer; Dandelion, roguish bard; Triss Merigold, cunning sorceress; and Yarpen Zigrin, dwarven warrior.

A variety of quests invite players to hunt monsters, earn gold on dangerous missions, and interact with the characters they meet in a web of alliances and treachery.

The game is slated to a worldwide release in 2014 by Fantasy Flight Games in boxed version and in digital for PC/Mac and iOS iPads/Android Tablets.
More information.

Classy. :clap:

Thanks for the video!

It's digital boardgame

i wasnt very impressed with dragon commander, in my mind they should stick with traditional rpgs.

I think it is a board game you can play around the table or in front of the computer ?

Yeah, I think they're publishing a hard copy boxed version as well as a digital version for GOG...

It looks like it could be quite good. Anyone have quick info on how multiplayer works ?

Does it matchmake like LoL and DotA or do you have to find people in a lobby like Age of empires or do you need to know people ?

Yes, they are going to publish it as a hard copy, as well as a digital board game. The digital one is fairly done by now, I have had the pleasure of beta testing it in the last few months.

It's 1-4 players, and we (with 3 friends) found it very, very entertaining. But we're boardgame fanatics. The beta keeps evolving fast. They keep adding tons of stuff, adventures, quests, cards, etc weekly, so it's shaping up to be a huge game. My only problem as of now is that the endgame works a little iffy (basically the game ends in the round the first player does his last quest, which makes the last few rounds frustrating due to RNG; but even playing and losing feels like an adventure in the Northern Kingdoms) and that there are only 4 playable characters (they could have designed 2 more for variety).

I can fully recommend it, especially if you have people to play with and you enjoy beautiful board games.

@Pladio: As far as I know, there's matchmaking online, although I only played with friends of mine (which is very easy to set up). So there's public and private games, public ones involve online matchmaking, while private ones require a password and only those who know it can enter.

Back
Top Bottom