D&D Online - Another 2015 Producers Letter

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Seems another MMO game got a Producers Letter this time it's for D&D Online from
Executive Producer Robert Ciccolini. I still play the game but it has a been a while.

My name is Robert Ciccolini, although many of you might know me as “Severlin” on the forums or from podcasts. I am the Executive Producer for Dungeons and Dragons Online. I wanted to take this opportunity to look back on our previous year and look forward to the year ahead.
Thanks go to Gamebanshee for this one as I missed it today.

More information.

My current antivirus package says that the GameBanshee site has a virus.

It points towards this address - probably an advertisement sheet or somthing - :

And this :

http://clddown.com/favicon.ico

I remember that someone had tried to breach the Larian forums long ago with a smiliey which looked very different on Linux than on Windows …

There seems to be some info regarding the site GameBanshee has linked to : https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show_mobile?name=clddown.com&ulang=eng

That's odd as I do not get any warnings, and I usually visit the site twice a week.:thinking:

I'll remove the second link just to be safe.

Update: I e-mailed the website to get a response.

Last edited:
Okay, thank you.
I'm surprised as well, but that Norton site information says "drive-by downloads", which is the new hipster among trojan- & virus-distribution.

On the positive site, read this ! :

Temple of Elemental Evil

Our next big update will include the Temple of Elemental Evil. We are all excited to present this classic dungeon to the players. The Temple grounds are quite large! Although players will be presented with a quest to accomplish when they enter the temple, there will be many dangers and treasures to find if the players take the time to properly explore the vast network of temple halls and chambers.

Warlock

We are looking into adding a new class during the year, and we are considering the Warlock class. The Warlock creates powerful eldritch blasts to destroy enemies in addition to a variety of spells to aid them in their adventures.

Level 30

Characters will be able to gain experience to increase their level to 30. Characters who reach this milestone will gain additional feats and power, and they will be able to wield and even construct new weapons and treasures to face the foes that challenge them.

New Festivals

The coming year will bring new festivals; a mimic event where players have to hunt down mimics that have infested all the corners of the land. The autumn will also bring a new seasonal festival that will haunt your favorite places and provide characters with more treats than tricks.

I've canceled my sub again as of a couple days ago. The little endgame that exists (which is practically nothing) is plagued by lag. And I've pretty much never been a fan of "TRing", so that leaves me staring at the screen when I log in, bored senseless.

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust Norton since they are notorious for false positives.

Well, the original message came from my antivirus porogram, which is by "G Data".

Often enough, it's not the site's but the advertiser's fault. Which means it can happen to pretty much everyone.

I enjoyed this game for a bit awhile back. The thing that caused me to stop playing was the need for partying up with people. Now, I understand that is exactly the reason why many people play a game like DDO, but I was finding it a bit too hard to solo quests as I was doing in LOTRO. Ultimately, I just went back to playing LOTRO for awhile and left DDO alone.

Still, it's a pretty great game for D&D enthusiasts. Some of the quests and areas to explore were awesome, and the whole D&D setting was top-notch.

Actually the game does not have much to do with D&D. Only D&D feature was needing to do quests as a group.
It was just a H&S game with D&D logo.

It has been anything but D&D for the past few years now.

80 intelligence scores
+12 enchantments
+6 stat "tomes"
Wizards in heavy plate walking through traps.
Weapon damage modifiers based on int and cha.

The game is a joke if you're comparing it to PnP.

80 intelligence scores
+12 enchantments
+6 stat "tomes"

Or any other IE game or even NWN games. And D&D games are about roleplaying, not H&S. They have not been just about dungeon delving for 30+ years now.

Join our Watch Guild on Khyber and play with people from here; that's what makes the game fun!!

I liked it very much, and it's the only old school RPG I played for quite a while - which modern RPGs still do have narrating Dungeon Masters nowadays ?

One of DDO's plus is imho definitively the narration in a few adventures by Gary Gygax himself, Dave Arneson, and since a few Patches ago, Ed Greenwood, if I understood this correctly. It surely gives you an eerie feeling … especially since Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson are already dead.

80 intelligence scores
+12 enchantments
+6 stat "tomes"

You might be, we aren't. The clue's in it's name DDO <---- Online.

Back
Top Bottom