Diablo 3 - Fans Upset Over Male Wizard

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Omega writes that Diablo fans are up in arms (again?), this time over the "wimpy" male wizard. Gamegrep and IncGamers both have articles summarising the uproar on Blizzard's forums. From Gamegrep:
Earlier this week, Blizzard revealed the in-game model of Diablo 3's male Wizard, and fans of the series were not happy. The official forums were flooded with complaints about the Wizard's appearance, calling him "wimpy," "effeminate," "gay," "a transvestite," and even compared his animation to a "belly dance."
More information.

Well I am glad somebody is treating this matter as seriously as it needs to be. Why doesn't Blizzard just do the smart thing and make all design decisions based on public referendums. Hell, if it works so well for California ...

Well, I do have to agree that he looks more like an animé char then the other diablo characters so far. Just compaire the male sorc to the male mage from diablo I. He didn't look like a warrior yet stil maintained to stay "regal".

And to people who don't understand why people are up in arms so much about the diablo 3 graphic styles : diablo 1 & 2 were not only known for their (outstanding) hack and slash gameplay, but they also made themselves distinct with their unique visualisation of the world (which I know some people on this board didn't like :p).

I'd go so far to say that despite it stays an isometric pov, the graphical differances between diablo 3 and diablo 1 & 2 are of the same magnitude as going from fallout 1 & 2 to fallout 3.

Last edited:
Yuck, why did i click that link? Seriously, this dude looks like a ladyboy. I'm glad i'm not a Diablo fan, or i'd be pretty upset too.

He's a wizard. He's supposed to be a Nancy-boy. If he could bench press two wenches at once he would. The only people that turn into wizards are book worms. I think a buff wizard would be dumb looking. I wish they'd have an old skinny dude and if you equip a sword he should become encumbered and be animated panting and holding the sword with the point resting on the ground. Now that would be a power class.

edit. He could like drag the sword along behind him, and there would be this looooong uncomfortable scrapping sound. Schchchhccceeeeck.

He's a wizard. He's supposed to be a Nancy-boy. If he could bench press two wenches at once he would. The only people that turn into wizards are book worms. I think a buff wizard would be dumb looking. I wish they'd have an old skinny dude and if you equip a sword he should become encumbered and be animated panting and holding the sword with the point resting on the ground. Now that would be a power class.

edit. He could like drag the sword along behind him, and there would be this looooong uncomfortable scrapping sound. Schchchhccceeeeck.

A wizzard is not supposed to look like Chris Crocker you know.

I sure am glad there's no other chaos going on in the world right now and that this can upset so many people. Good times.

Why does this matter when most will play as the female version of the available classes anyways? ;P

No beard, no pointy hat - no wizard! ;)

Hah! Now we're talking. The only way he can walk upright is if he equips a magic staff that can be used as a walking stick.

Why does this matter when most will play as the female version of the available classes anyways? ;P

Why does this matter at all? It's a game. If such a small detail is important, clearly one has to get out more in the world and get to know real problems. Get a life, so to speak ;)

Why does this matter at all? It's a game. If such a small detail is important, clearly one has to get out more in the world and get to know real problems. Get a life, so to speak ;)

Uh... all of us here probably shouldn't throw stones...

He does look androgynous, that's a valid point.

Errr...why is that a problem?

No kidding, some of the biggest pop culture phenomenons have banked in big on walking the line between mars and venus, it cant be all bad. Name your toon Boy Georgius, throw a bunch of points into the "dazzle" spell line and call it a day

Since they invented the money machine, I'm not convinced they'll ever release another game.

If the game actually gets out, I think I can live with a character not entirely to my taste ;)

Yuck, why did i click that link? Seriously, this dude looks like a ladyboy. I'm glad i'm not a Diablo fan, or i'd be pretty upset too.

Yeah, that looked pretty stupid, i dont get how they dont seem to see it themselves.. Blizzard are otherwise amongst my favorite animators. The look i dont care about that much, but the animation, wow, waaaay over the top stupid.

Back
Top Bottom