DarkSpore - Pulled Off Steam and DRM Problems

Many devs don't even bother to port their games to Android and there's hardly a game on the platform that wasn't first released on IOS. I've heard all the arguments that the pirates wouldn't buy the games anyway, but really they are nonsense…
Imagine if I was a pirate. Would I really bother to pirate smartphone games? Really and honestly, would I?
I've just emptied my trashcan. I need no junk, even if it's a "freebie". There is your answer Roq.

Would pirates really deal with crap from smartphones? If not for the reason above, then for a reason if someone is really stupid to pay for those stuff, then let him enjoy his stupidity and moneywasting.

Imagine if I was a pirate. Would I really bother to pirate smartphone games? Really and honestly, would I?
I've just emptied my trashcan. I need no junk, even if it's a "freebie". There is your answer Roq.

Would pirates really deal with crap from smartphones? If not for the reason above, then for a reason if someone is really stupid to pay for those stuff, then let him enjoy his stupidity and moneywasting.

If you were a pirate, I'm sure that you'd have all smartphone gamers walking the plank. Now what was your point?

LOL
Nah, I could never kill one just because he chooses to be stupid. Instead, I'd make them pay at least double for smartphone crap they buy.

I don't understand the comparison with IOS and Android since with a quick check you can see that there is much more piracy of IOS games then Android games and it is at least as easy to do it on IOS as it is on Android.

PS. Joxer: Unlike what you and other people on here think not every mobile game is a stupid piece of crap and there are some decent rpgs on it.

I don't understand the comparison with IOS and Android since with a quick check you can see that there is much more piracy of IOS games then Android games and it is at least as easy to do it on IOS as it is on Android.

PS. Joxer: Unlike what you and other people on here think not every mobile game is a stupid piece of crap and there are some decent rpgs on it.

care to suggest your personal favorites? say top 5?

That's nonsense as any non partial research should tell you (just ask the devs!). People argue that the reason for the much higher Android piracy rate is that Google's distribution is faulty so many users couldn't buy the apps even if they wanted to. Maybe, maybe not, but reasons don't matter to the devs that make the apps, what matters is how many apps they sell. Really arguments that piracy doesn't affect software sales are about as coherent as the ontological argument for the existence of god.

This 10x. I fear this is the future of gaming. But the average gamer, with an attention span of a gnat, isn't going to care.
Wow, so you're congratulating DArtagnan on his 111,110 post? ;)

This was quite an interesting escapade. I had completely forgotten about this game being a Maxis game. It makes all their problems in Sim City even less excusable now. It's also another black eye for EA - a company that has somehow managed to generate three times as many black eyes as they have employees in the company.

But another interesting thing is that EA/Maxis DID turn around and fix this thing. Steam drops the game from their catalog, the media gets in on it, and all of the sudden man hours appear from nowhere to fix the game. I wonder if Amazon and others dropped the game, too? They certainly won't be pleased when EA is giving them keys to sell for a game that is dead.

I can't guess what their reasons were, but I could imagine the bad optics of a fairly recent game (2 years old-ish?) being dropped like that and becoming the poster child for why Always On DRM is a horrible idea must have been a contributing motivator to the sudden, quick fix...

That's nonsense as any non partial research should tell you (just ask the devs!). People argue that the reason for the much higher Android piracy rate is that Google's distribution is faulty so many users couldn't buy the apps even if they wanted to. Maybe, maybe not, but reasons don't matter to the devs that make the apps, what matters is how many apps they sell. Really arguments that piracy doesn't affect software sales are about as coherent as the ontological argument for the existence of god.

I really hadn't checked in awhile but it looks like in the last few months the amount of Android games available to pirate has grown exponentially since just a few months ago I had actually checked on how much pirated games were on the internet for Android games and found far more IOS games then the Android games I was actually looking for but now it is much easier to find Android games then it was before. It doesn't really matter much though since most games you can just get for free right off of Google Play and you only need to buy a few games.

PS. I can't remember what games I was playing on my phone since I haven't really tried to put them back on since I had to re-flash my firmware after it had stopped working awhile ago.

Back
Top Bottom