Final Equinox: The Arrival

kevinfwe

Watcher
Hi everyone,

I am part of the team working on Final Equinox: The Arrival, an indie, turn-based, tactical RPG.

We are currently planning on going to Kickstarter on June 1st and will be releasing a Demo with the Kickstarter simultaneously.

Our game will feature turn-based spaceship combat, where your different crew members will have a direct influence on the stats of your ships, as well as plenty of dialogue options, and random encounters. You can find out more about the game here: https://finalequinoxgame.com/

Here is a look at one of our combat scenes.
Combat-Screenshot.jpg

One thing we have really focused on is our expansive dialogue options. We want choices the player makes in the early game to pay off as the game progresses. here is an example where the player meets a potential crew member.

Dialogue-Screenshot-2.jpg

One thing we have really focused on is our expansive dialogue options. We want choices the player makes in the early game to pay off as the game progresses. here is an example where the player meets a potential crew member.

Nice and welcome to RPGWatch. Can you also talk to different NPCs and get quests?
Can you explore some locations (stations?) in 3rd person view?

We do not have third person view, but you can receive side quests or missions from other NPCs. All of our exploration is done through 2D environments. Here is an example image of a space colony the player can travel to, and the different options the player has through that.
Urbus7_Menu-Screen.jpg

I love a good space game. All things considered, I prefer to have my own ship and crew to explore and rampage with, but fleet interactions can be quite interesting as well. I'm looking forward to hearing much more about your project!

Good idea to release a proper demo with the KS. Always helps to convince me.

I'll take a look when I have a minute.

Current build has a few bugs in the demo! But we should be able to fix it later today!

Don't forget to post these updates on your Kickstarter. IIRC a strong correlation has been found between the number of KS updates and getting funded. You've got a great pitch & campaign page, unfortunately getting funded requires a lot of PR work and luck.

I started trying to spread the word on a few other forums & reddit. I'll play the demo today.

I dropped a line to a bunch of mmo mates so I'm hoping a few of them will jump on the donation train and contribute this week. Keep the updates coming, those and the demo should reap huge benefits in the long run.

Just added our first update, with another major one coming tomorrow. Thanks so much for the push!

Good luck! You'll need roughly 1k backers.

This looks great, and I've backed it.

Can I suggest more frequent Kickstarter updates please? I think it can help with momentum; conversely, a lack of Kickstarter updates can put people off (it can look like people have given up). So far there's only been one update since the campaign launched.

Good luck for the rest of the campaign, I'm rooting for you!

Looks nice. The station view reminds me of Schleichfahrt (Archimedean dynasty).

What i have seen from the combat video is that the "action" looks a bit bland until now. You could add cinematic shots during attacks and movements of ships like XCOM for example. Giant spaceship moves into position and fires the laser, or view from the bridge how the captain gives order to attack, etc… just to make it a bit more cinematic, but make it optional via settings.)

Hey wanted to post a quick update. At this point we are not expecting to hit our Kickstarter goal, so for the past few days, we have been working hard on keeping contractors while also searching for other funding sources. We apologize for leaving you out of it.

Hey wanted to post a quick update. At this point we are not expecting to hit our Kickstarter goal, so for the past few days, we have been working hard on keeping contractors while also searching for other funding sources. We apologize for leaving you out of it.

Bad luck, mate. I thought it was a good pitch. Hope plan B works out for you.

Back
Top Bottom