Larian Studios - Website Tease

I'm not sure why you think Obsidian wouldn't have been interested, but like I said, I don't think they would have been able to outbid Larian anyways.

Say what? I thought the second one was much better….am I alone in this?

I feel the same.

I'm honestly getting kinda hyped about Larian BG3 the more I think about it. The fact that Larian could develop this game outside of Unity is pretty exciting as well. I hope it won't disappoint.

I hope they can chill out on their fetish for environmental explosions.

Forgeddit, Michael Bay sells.

I don't think so, but I wish they'll do another Kickstarter.
From all of the 100+ crowdfunding project I supported, their updates were of outstanding quality. This factor alone would be enough for me to support their project.

Despite the “proof“ in the code and the private confirmations I'm still not convinced.

If it gets confirmed I'll be hyped like a 90's girl for the new Backstreet Boys album.

I have the feeling Obsidian prefer to pursue and promote their own IPs rather than bolstering existing ones that don't belong to them. They've invested a ton on creating the world of Eora with its deep lore and even released their own PnP ruleset for it. Larian's world and lore feel pretty "lite" and seems like a good move for them to tag onto an already existing deep, rich setting that lets them prove what they're capable off and cash in from the experience.

You mean like KotOR 2, NWN 2, and Fallout: New Vegas? ;)

Despite the “proof“ in the code and the private confirmations I'm still not convinced.

If it gets confirmed I'll be hyped like a 90's girl for the new Backstreet Boys album.

Whahahaha !
Good one, same here.

I don't want it to be dark or gritty though - this is Baldurs Gate, home to giant miniature space hamsters and whimsical side quests etc. More fun than gloom in my opinion, although there was plenty of scope for some dark touches (like the armour you can get made from human skin etc).

I thought the BG games were pretty dark for the most part. There was some humor sprinkled about, but it rarely felt out of place against the more serious backdrop.

And that's exactly what worries me. Baldur's Gate had humor, but it wasn't in your face all the time. It was a very different kind of humor than what I'm used to seeing from Larian. I don't want Baldur's Gate with a bunch of pop culture references or people sneaking around disguised as a barrel.

Mccomb hopping from InXile to Larian came kinda out of left field for me. Left me wondering if it was because of TToN flopping. Well, it makes sense now. Why wouldn't you want to work on something like this?

Mccomb hopping from InXile to Larian came kinda out of left field for me. Left me wondering if it was because of TToN flopping. Well, it makes sense now. Why wouldn't you want to work on something like this?
Except apparently he didn't want to work on this, because he already left Larian last year.

I'm not big on the idea of Larian doing this. Don't get me wrong, I think they're great developers, but why have a Belgian company do the sequel to a Canadian developed D&D game? Is D&D even big over there?

CD Projekt
Piranha Bytes
Warhorse Studios
Owlcat

It's the eastern hemisphere we rely on now for good RPGs.

I don't think Beamdog would be up to the same task as Larian.

Who else is left?
Bioware? MicroObsidiXileSoft?
Could you imagine the backlash if it was Bethesda?

It certainly could be BG3 but, if Codex has been suspecting BG3... you know Larian watches their boards (and ours). You know what kinda folks Larian has. They could VERY well be trolling.

P.S. The image in the news article on the front page no longer shows up.

I've been thinking the same thing. If any of the good RPG devs were willing to troll people in this way, with fake metadata inside their page/video/whatever, it'd be Larian.

Jeff Vogel of course. I'm sure he was a prime candidate for this project.

Strongly disagree. No one with BG rights would trust a niche basement indie dev (which for the record, I don't think is a bad thing, especially in his case). And i'm willing to bet the majority of BG fans haven't even heard of Spiderweb.

You thought I was serious? :lol:

Nothing like good news to divide the internet :)

CD Projekt
Piranha Bytes
Warhorse Studios
Owlcat

It's the eastern hemisphere we rely on now for good RPGs.

I don't think Beamdog would be up to the same task as Larian.

Who else is left?
Bioware? MicroObsidiXileSoft?
Could you imagine the backlash if it was Bethesda?

I would have been happier if it was Owlcats.. :(

Back
Top Bottom