KoA: Re-Reckoning - Releasing September 8th & Expansion 2021

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Gematsu Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning will release on PC September 8th. Additionally an expansion called Fatesworn will follow in 2021.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on September 8, and an expansion titled "Fatesworn" will follow in 2021, publisher THQ Nordic and developer Kaiko announced. Details will be announced at a later date.

[...]

Thanks Farflame!

More information.

So not just a remaster but a new expansion? They sure know how to milk old Ip's.

Hopefully it's not another half-assed cheaply funded expansion.:roll:

wonder if they're going to give it a more realistic look like in the video or stay with the cartoony graphics. I would welcome a more realistic look but somehow I doubt it.

Any chance of a loyalty discount?

Hehe shades of Two World's Two
Another expansion for an old game
Soon they might be announcing the reboot of the MMO they were working on before the studio closed

As soon as this game is released I'm starting my MOD of it titled:
KoA: Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-RE-re-RE!!-Re-Reckoning RELOADED!!

Two months to release and zero gameplay footage shown?

I'm skeptical. My guess is it's a cheap cash-in.

As soon as this game is released I'm starting my MOD of it titled:
KoA: Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-RE-re-RE!!-Re-Reckoning RELOADED!!

That actually looks like the filename of the bootleg copy :)

Hehe shades of Two World's Two
Another expansion for an old game
Soon they might be announcing the reboot of the MMO they were working on before the studio closed

I would be shocked if it was anything other than deleted content restored (search old posts, you can see when the entire thing went bankrupt people were pulling gamefiles apart and there was unused content/assets etc already in the library)

Nobody needs this. What a waste of all those electrons and pixels.

Why not? It actually did pretty well commercially. It was the MMO that did them in. Had they just made KOA they probably would have survived to make a sequel.

Nobody “needs” any video game, but if they can make some adjustments to the difficulty It would be a above average game imo.

Why not? It actually did pretty well commercially. It was the MMO that did them in. Had they just made KOA they probably would have survived to make a sequel.

Nobody “needs” any video game, but if they can make some adjustments to the difficulty It would be a above average game imo.

From wikipedia:
On March 10, 2012, it was projected by NPD that the game sold over 330,000 physical copies in the U.S.[48] and Curt Schilling later tweeted that it has sold 1.2 million by the 90-day mark. Rhode Island governor Lincoln Chafee claimed that the game was a failure as it needed to sell over 3 million copies to break even.

100%. Having some work for hire shop crank this out was completely unnecessary.

From wikipedia:
On March 10, 2012, it was projected by NPD that the game sold over 330,000 physical copies in the U.S.[48] and Curt Schilling later tweeted that it has sold 1.2 million by the 90-day mark. Rhode Island governor Lincoln Chafee claimed that the game was a failure as it needed to sell over 3 million copies to break even.

I could have sworn I read somewhere it was profitable but maybe I’m wrong.

My point still stands though. 1.2 million in 3 month is not bad. Given it’s had another 8 years of sales beyond that. It wasn’t KOA that put them out of business. They had a $75 million dollar loan. Even if you go by the 3 million + sales to break even that would put the game around 20 million ( although I doubt that) that leaves 55 million squandered elsewhere. Interestingly the Wiki you quoted says a KOA 2 was in development so get rid of the MMO and it’s quite probable it would have come to fruition.

I actually enjoyed the game with the only gripe being the super fast respawn rate of things.

I will wait however to see if these types of things were fixed, or if it indeed is just a cash grab with all reused assets added to the expansion.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - Official Trailer

Check out the latest trailer for Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning for Finesse. Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning launches on September 8, 2020 on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Back
Top Bottom