Shadowrun Returns - In Case You Missed It

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
If you still haven't played Shadowrun Returns then a site called player2.net has a new article that tries to convince everyone they should play the game.

shadow0-680x330.jpg

Link - http://player2.net.au/2015/08/in-case-you-missed-it-shadowrun-returns/
Shadowrun Returns was one of the earliest examples of a Kickstarter success story. Passionate developers appealed to passionate fans for money and they came through in droves. It allowed the developers to create a game that is both true to the original games but also modern in many of it’s implementations and systems. I must admit I held off on purchasing the game for fear of further tainting my memories of this beloved franchise but I am more than happy to say those fears were unfounded.

This is a must buy for anyone who enjoys turn-based strategy, unique settings or well told stories. The great Shadowrun Returns campaign and the even better Dragonfall expansion are shining examples of what can be done with crowd funding and a talented, focused development team. The game can be had for under $20, and even cheaper on a regular basis so there is no reason not to treat yourself to this amazing experience. Once you dive into the world of Shadowrun, you may never surface again.

Back
Top Bottom